(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 47.
#501 4 years ago

I hope you guys get test kits soon. Absolute cluster fuck.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My guess and from experience a lot more people are infected than we think.
I was a hater in the other thread but I will eat crow now.
I still don’t think it is reason for panic but it is going to effect a huge amount of the population.

Absolutely - this is about rate of transmission. Lower mortality Than previous pandemics but higher transmission rate - same/same.

If US hasn’t been testing as widely until recently, likely it’s much more widely spread than we think. What about India, Indonesia etc? Must be rampant there, but they’ve got much worse diseases to worry about.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I still don’t think it is reason for panic but it is going to effect a huge amount of the population.

Kudos on your common sense reality check!
It takes big ones to admit a whoops, and not to defend incorrect conclusions.

#504 4 years ago

And WTF about banning Europe travel but not UK? Just another bullshit trade negotiation tool.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Just so you don’t go and eat a bat.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I hope you guys get test kits soon.

Me too.

Just completed the wifi speed survey for 1 of my kids to do online school...they are done going after this week.

Pulling other kid from different school probably tomorrow...parent there had contact with positive person.

Homeschooling! Great

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Me too.
Just completed the wifi speed survey for 1 of my kids to do online school...they are done going after this week.
Pulling other kid from different school probably tomorrow...parent there had contact with positive person.
Homeschooling! Great

Just got the text message from my daughters school to check emails for message concerning coronavirus. Unfortunately I never changed my email address so can't get it. Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out what's going on.

#508 4 years ago

E-mail came in from Head Office this morning. No unauthorised people are allowed to enter the buildings. The Cafeteria can no longer do Buffets, or Salad Bars. They named several countries not to travel to. No Cruise ship trips. Some one will have to wipe all of the touch areas on doors, tables, chairs, keyboards, and desk tops. ...Wonderful.

#509 4 years ago

First confirmed case in Wyoming, in the county I live in. Thought we were safe out here... not so much it appears...

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from canea:

First confirmed case in Wyoming, in the county I live in. Thought we were safe out here... not so much it appears...

Probably some asshole from Denver...

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

my daughters school

One potential problem is my kids are already past me in math skills...I am literally zero help to them. I ask Alexa and the google half the stuff they run by me.

#512 4 years ago

Deleted

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

One potential problem is my kids are already past me in math skills...I am literally zero help to them. I ask Alexa and the google half the stuff they run by me.

That we can agree on 100%. My daughters first year in highschool. Tried helping but it was way beyond what I could understand.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Earlier tonight I heard it’s super unlikely you or anybody you know will get it.

Funny, I was just told that last night! 12 cases here so far today.

#515 4 years ago

We needed this for a while now

#516 4 years ago

4 million test kits are supposedly on their way to the US. Let that serve as a warning to what’s about to come.

#517 4 years ago

NBA shut down any bets who's next?? Serious enough yet??

#518 4 years ago

So is the "Just wash your hands and don't touch your face" advice the equivalent of "duck and cover" to survive a nuclear bomb?

Like, yeah, of course wash your hands. But that doesn't really seem like enough.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I anticipate by Monday, there will be more things cancelled or postponed than not.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

So is the "Just wash your hands and don't touch your face" advice the equivalent of "duck and cover" to survive a nuclear bomb?

Seeming that way after each day that passes.

#521 4 years ago

Just heard Tom Hanks and his wife have it too in Australia.

#523 4 years ago

Yeah, they had that on during the NHL game tonight a whil back, funny, but not funny.......

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Just so you don’t go and eat a bat.

"dont let that snake near me"

sparky (resized).jpgsparky (resized).jpg
#525 4 years ago

Twin Cities is in full on “flood the box” healthcare mode, whether it is real or panic tbd. Clinics slammed practically overnight. Everyone wants to come in to get screened.

#526 4 years ago

Edit: Figured out how to replace it.

y1991axhknk41 (resized).jpgy1991axhknk41 (resized).jpg
#527 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Sorry, I accidentally uploaded this picture by accident.[quoted image]

Trump needs an really good plan that covers all, not tied to the jobs, and no PRE EX or his hopes are dead for 4 more years.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Twin Cities is in full on “flood the box” healthcare mode, whether it is real or panic tbd. Clinics slammed practically overnight. Everyone wants to come in to get screened.

According to some pinsiders this is the best approach. Panic and think that every person you contact has a plague that will kill you. Then flood the hospital and infect everyone else so you get sent back home and have NOTHING HAPPEN. If you’ve got COVID-19 there’s no magic bullet or treatment, as badly as some of these soccermoms want to believe. It’s a fucking virus, you’ve got to sit it out and let your body do it’s thing.

If you or someone you know is old or immunocompromised I would practice extreme caution like you should be already since the flu and common cold have been killing for decades.

If you infect everyone at the hospital or waste their time by thinking your sick constantly like a hypochondriac then you’re wasting resources that could be used on those who actually need it.

Imagine some jack wagon has been blowing up the health department “I WAS ON A PLANE RIDE TO THE EAST COAST I CLEARLY HAVE IT!!!” Meanwhile I was in both New York and Boston in the past 2 weeks and you don’t see me busting down the door to the ER because I’m not some hypochondriac Karen. I even had the flu, and I didn’t freak out. I was more worried than normal but again. More people than you think have this virus. The amount of people who are untested and have had it and have gotten better is unknown but if we really tested every single person you’d be shocked. It was mentioned a few days ago that the cases we have are only random samples and do not accurately reflect the true count.

Tl;dr Fear mongering accomplishes nothing. Stop being a bitchy “Karen” and practice good hygiene. Stop jerking everyone off with the “oh my god my friend’s brother’s cousin’s nephew has it, I’M BASICALLY DYING”

#529 4 years ago

who the fuck is “Karen”?

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If you’ve got COVID-19 there’s no magic bullet or treatment, as badly as some of these soccermoms want to believe. It’s a fucking virus, you’ve got to sit it out and let your body do it’s thing.
If you or someone you know is old or immunocompromised I would practice extreme caution like you should be already since the flu and common cold have been killing for decades.
If you infect everyone at the hospital or waste their time by thinking your sick constantly like a hypochondriac then you’re wasting resources that could be used on those who actually need it.”

Word up to this. If you have coronavirus, you probably just need netflix and/or some tylenol/ibuprofen (maybe a pinball machine of choice to top it off). You don't need to go to the hospital 90%+ of the time. Please don't go to the ER or anywhere for that matter just to be tested. I'd actually avoid all nonemergent health care interaction because the hospital is ground zero. They're not testing symptomatic not severely ill people with exposure anymore because it's just assumed you have it at this point. On top of that the test is only 75% sensitive, so it misses 1/4 of cases. Either way, the treatment is just hunkering down at home for 14 days. They're saving the tests for the truly sick to guide treatment. When we get several million more tests, maybe then they test populations and start enforcing wider quarantine. There's just not the bandwidth now.

#531 4 years ago

The shit has not hit the fan yet in the uk, massive crowds for Cheltenham races etc... Not many schools shut far as I am aware nothing is really that different apart from a few blow your nose posters from the nhs in the office. Be interesting how it plays out here and what happens when it peaks.

#533 4 years ago

Gonna be interesting how the nhs vs USA healthcare will play out? Which is better in a scenario like this? Uk gov said they will pour money into the nhs to keep it running smoothly so will see how that goes, will USA healthcare want to payout when people get sick? Or just fob them off? It’s gonna hit the insurance companies hard.

#534 4 years ago

Perhaps most astonishingly, the White House had to retract two policy announcements that Trump erroneously made either because he failed to read his text properly, or his speechwriters failed to describe his position. Trump announced his European travel ban would apply to “trade and cargo,” before the White House announced this was an error. Trump also told his audience, “I met with the leaders of health insurance industry who have agreed to waive all co-payments for coronavirus treatments, extend insurance coverage to these treatments and to prevent surprise medical billing.” The Insurance Industry quickly announced it had only agreed to cover testing, not treatment, for the coronavirus.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-speech-coronavirus-travel-ban-europe.html

#537 4 years ago

What are the chances that an actor or someone in the higher ups alledgedly dies from this covid 19? Will that then put the final freak out in the already panic stricken people.?

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

who the fuck is “Karen”?

Think of it as a 'John Doe' or 'Jane Doe' equivalent to someone who can't stay off their fucking phone, has a response for everything on Twitter, will ruin your business on Yelp, and "would like to speak to your manager." Meanwhile, her husband Sheppard will be in touch with his lawyer.

#539 4 years ago

Then flood the hospital and infect everyone else so you get sent back home and have NOTHING HAPPEN. I

Stop setting up arguments for yourself to win. Nobody said that, you silly guy.

#540 4 years ago

“I WAS ON A PLANE RIDE TO THE EAST COAST I CLEARLY HAVE IT!!!

If you have a problem send me a pm because you are lying.

Wanting a test when you have a fever and symptoms of covid is not overreacting. Tests are available at multiple locations IF you can get approval. Nobody said I am running to the hospital etc.

You are making shit up.

You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about and it’s insulting and rude.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

My guess is TPF

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

NHL is right behind I'm sure. There's a couple here in my town who drive 3hrs one way to Edmonton every other day to go to Oilers games. Here's hoping they don't get exposed and bring it back here with them

#543 4 years ago

Just got an email from Viking River cruise today. Our trip on the Rhone River to Lyon , France that was scheduled in late april is cancelled.

Class act they are offering either a future travel voucher of 125% of trip good for 2 years or a full refund.

#544 4 years ago

I got an email from my insurance company this morning (I own a business). In it, it states a way to test yourself to see if you have it. They wrote that when you hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, if there's no coughing, stiffness, discomfort or tightness, then your clear of the virus. If you experience any of these, but don't show the signs of having the virus, then you've just come down with it (or some other respiratory illness). The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.

Now to the complaint department about the selfishness and stupidity of people.

First, next town over, a 27 year old man who still lives at home catches the virus. What does the family do? They don't self quarantine, they decide to keep going out in public. A high schooler in the family caught it, the high school was shut for 2 days to disinfect the place, now the school is closed for internet learning (I forget the exact words they used).

https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
Seriously???? This asshole knows he has the virus and gets on the plane anyway?!?!?! How stupid and selfish can one be?? You and your wife stay home for 14 days. For argument sake, let's say this guy just had the flu and still flown...how stupid and selfish can one be??

Last night at my gym, I asked why aren't there workers wiping down the machines? Was told they only hire them for a few hours a day. Really??? Then, I'm watching other people use treadmills, bikes, stairclimbers, etc and they aren't wiping it down!!! Seriously??? For full disclosure, when I'm at the gym, I put my towel down on everything and before I use a cardio machine, I always wash it down before using it and after using it. The first gym I ever went to, if you didn't do that, they revoked your membership...guess you can say they taught me well. But seriously, a little common sense will help make this virus go away faster.

Now, for the "finally, someone has a brain department". Someone in a neighboring town came down with the virus. The whole family is doing a 14 day self quarantine because they don't want to spread it to others.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.

I hope a real insurance company didn’t write that, it’s a hoax:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/verify/verify-does-drinking-water-prevent-the-spread-of-covid-19/285-a661bc55-c0a8-41ce-9cb4-33df65253a3c

#546 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!!!

Saw the email, so I figured I share it. (wasn't a health insurance company)

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This should surprise absolutely no one. “Erroneously”. Funny.

They are just making it up as they go along. Shocker.

#548 4 years ago

Anyone hear from Ice lately?

GettyImages-517322676-585d7ecf5f9b586e0239f2c0 (resized).jpgGettyImages-517322676-585d7ecf5f9b586e0239f2c0 (resized).jpg
#549 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I hope you guys get test kits soon. Absolute cluster fuck.

There's no two ways about it, we're fucked! The Fed govt response is pathetic and last nights speech was a travesty. Lying about the govt's readiness or the risk of infection to the average citizen isn't going to make it so. Forget the Feds, The disease is here and this is going to have to be handled more at the state and local levels at this point. If you think testing is optional, wait till you see how optional treatment becomes. Oh that's right, America is the world's leader in everything, especially incompetence! Hospitals WILL be overrun, you can count on it. Wuhan 2.0 coming up.

#550 4 years ago

Trying to track a disease is like trying to predict the weather.

DA26BB5E-ECC8-4DA5-AB94-5E0F1C585DB6 (resized).jpegDA26BB5E-ECC8-4DA5-AB94-5E0F1C585DB6 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.