(Topic ID: 302409)

COVID-19 and Pinball Shows

By DanMarino

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“COVID-19 and Pinball Shows”

• I went to a Pinball show and did NOT get COVID-19 within 14-days afterwards. 32 votes
      97%
    • I went to a Pinball show and DID get COVID-19 within 14-days afterwards. 1 vote
      3%

(33 votes)

This topic is closed.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Good point. The vax prevents you from getting covid
    Sorry, I mean, the vax only prevents you from going to the hospital if you get covid
    Sorry, I mean that the vax only prevents you from dying from covid...maybe! lol

The kind of willful ignorance this post represents, not to mention the amount of people who have liked it, is precisely why we're still in this mess when we could have and should have been out of it a few months ago. Vaccines work, no vaccine is 100% effective, and the purpose of the COVID-19 vaccine is to keep you out of the hospital and alive. This is all peer reviewed information that's readily available yet here we are...

Jeff

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't love it, but that's the requirement in Chicago (the entire city), so the show has no choice. And I'd like to go to Expo.
    Not the end of the world.
    I pity the people being tasked with enforcing this. I'm sure there will be a lot of idiots stirring up trouble and being belligerent, especially as it gets later and people get drunker. Try not to be "that guy," people.

I agree and I’m no anti-masker but I wear one enough, so on my days off I’d rather do something that doesn’t require it. I’ll wait until restrictions are lifted, I get my fill of maskless pinball.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A good cleaning regimen is definitely a good idea - a quick swipe with rubbing alcohol or another cleaning agent would help keep a LOT of things from spreading. However it’s probably good to remember that COVID doesn’t spread from touching things - it’s airborne.

It is most certainly possible to contract COVID (and most viruses) from touching an infected surface within hours, then touching your face, nose, mouth, eyes.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

The kind of willful ignorance this post represents, not to mention the amount of people who have liked it, is precisely why we're still in this mess when we could have and should have been out of it a few months ago. Vaccines work, no vaccine is 100% effective, and the purpose of the COVID-19 vaccine is to keep you out of the hospital and alive. This is all peer reviewed information that's readily available yet here we are...
    Jeff

Lighten up Francis.

I wore a mask when asked. I'm vaxxed and had my booster. I still chuckled at the post. I'm just tired of Covid and a little sarcasm isn't hurting anyone.

There isn't misinformation, denial, or ignorance in the post.

#57 2 years ago

Agree 100% with this!!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have not let COVID hold back my life aside from the first month of paranoia when the virus hit and everything was closed. I hit up Crabtown USA for pinball the day they let restaurants open back up in Maryland. My kids are in school (but forced to mask up by the school). I did everything short of licking the flipper buttons at Allentown and York. I'm not sick and have not gotten sick. I go to work everyday, shop, and carry on life as always. However, I am young and healthy with no risk factors.
    Were I older, had health concerns, or close family with issues I would button down the hatches. If you want to, you are more than welcome to with no ill will from me. I am under the impression that most of us are going to get COVID sooner or later. I am not going to live my life in mortal fear of it.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-and-pinball-shows/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.