2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

If you are not familiar with CRT's, be super careful before you decide to do anything. The voltage stored in the flybacks can send a grown man across a room.

This bears repeating! The chassis has plenty of capacitance to ruin your day, but so does the anode itself!

The worst shock I think I ever received was due to contacting the anode connection on a 27" tube that had been removed from the chassis for well over an hour; I ever so lightly brushed against it with my wedding band as I got into position to lift the tube, and I could literally feel the current travel up my arm, into my shoulder, and well down my torso before I broke contact (a fraction of a second, but that's all it took). Much more intense than grabbing a spark plug, and in addition to the direct pain of the shock my left hand was rendered clumsy and "spastic" for a couple of days following.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cousin-exotica-monitor-change-?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.