Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Scoot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malkneil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Just got a T2 and the gameplay is fairly straight-forward. One thing that seemed a bit confusing to me is when I hit the leftmost saucer when the Database arrow is not lit, the DMD dispalys "Jackpot Grows" or something to that effect. Despite this I don't ever see the values for the jackpot shots go up. Am I missing something here?

As an aside, but also in regard to the saucer -- I get a lot of balls rebounding (upwards of 50%) out of the saucer, especially when it's a fast/hard shot. Has anyone run up against this and is there a good remedy. I was thinking either tweaking the angle of that metal deflector, or putting one of those foam cushions on the deflector like you sometimes see in games.

Thoughts on either of the above?

#3 4 years ago

Yeah it seems to just list the 1x, 2x, 3x jackpot values which seem to be static (or as you said likely configurable in the settings). Weird that it simply lists the static jackpot values while stating 'Jackpot Grows'. Will certainly give the foam a try -- seems like an easy fix.

On a slightly related topic does anyone know what the newest (or best) version of the game ROM is for T2? IIRC, on boot mine said '50013 L-6'. It doesn't happen terribly often, but on occasion it seems the game gets a little confused -- mostly in multi-ball situations. Has anyone come up with a ROM this fixes any rules/ball tracking issues that might exist?

Thanks!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I believe L8.2 is the L8 rom patched for LEDs patch, along with the shotgun sound in attract removed.

Is this version of the ROM one of the ones available for d/l on IPDB.org?

1 month later
#12 4 years ago

Thanks all. The dampening foam did the trick on the leftmost scoop. Almost never get bounce backs now. As I play the game a bit more a few other questions:

1) Is the kick save supposed to send the ball all the way up the right orbit to the multiplier gates? Mine gets it up just shy of the wire shooter gate and then it comes back down the right orbit. Just wondering what the intended behavior is here.

2) Two balls in the skull. Sometimes unintentionally two balls will follow each other into the skull and the drop will pop up behind them lodging them both in there. The VUK tries to send them up but it's too cramped and it just gets into a stuck state. Mid-game I'll have to remove the glass and get my magnet stick and pull one of the balls up through the wire channel to free it; pretty disrupting, especially on a good game. How often do others see this and are there any mods out there to prevent it?

3) Sometimes there's some bounceback that occurs on the head shot (once drop is down) such that the ball comes back out. I've heard tell of putting a piece of foam block in that empty space behind the head saucer to dampen fast shots to the skull. Can anyone comment on this and if it helps the bounce backs?

Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 26.50
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malkneil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/couple-t2-questions?tu=malkneil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.