You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WWa.jpg
TZ.jpg
RD_dmdc-01.jpg
dmd12V.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim5six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

If anyone can shed some light on my problems I would be much appreciative. I have a Willliams Hurricane that plays well however there are problems.
1. The DMD display shows "garbage" on the screen. It moves and acts like its displaying data but its just "garbage" I have done a lot of searching and testing. I replaced the Ribbon cables. I have a new rottendog display board in it. My question is about voltage... The high side is good and the 5v is good, but on the 12v wire I am only getting 4.6v out of the board and at the display. An I chasing shadows or is this a problem? Everything I have red tells me the problem is Data but I don't know.
2. The game starts and plays no problem. All switches work all lights are working, seems good. however when i start a new game the system does not "reset"... for lack of a better term. I mean like if two letters are lit and the game ends. I add coins and start a new game and the two letters are still lit. Is this an option the games has and I just cant see it because the display is not working? Even if I leave for a long time it remembers.

Could these somehow be related?

Thank you in advance for any offered help!
Jim

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the help guys.
exflexer, I have replaced all the ribbon cables and have verified more times than I can count that they are seated, cleaned, red = 1 and not off by a row.
sokol and RacingPin, you understand well yes, no 12v at display just 4.5 and 5v on the correct pin, sorry i don't have the number in front of me. I will double check all these things after work tonight, thanks!

#6 8 years ago

RacingPin, the 12v pin is the next to last... Last is 64,then 12v(this where I'm low), 5v, ground,ground,106v,118v. Thanks for your help. I made sure everything else on this list is good.

#8 8 years ago

Into r7 I have 12.5v , out of r7 is 4.6v. New rottendog board that is why I'm checking. Bad board? ... Can't get the rotten dog guy to return my email or answer his phone...

#11 8 years ago

Thanks ZaZa. I will test these tonight
-Jim

#12 8 years ago

On the test you describe I get 97

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim5six.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/couple-problems-with-my-williams-hurricane-machine?tu=jim5six and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.