Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I'm thinking of going to white rubbers, but it really just seems wrong on this machine. Has anyone done this?

Also, I can't seem the alter the music volume. I want to increase the music volume without increasing the sound/voice volume. I know adj #36 or 37 states it is the music volume, but it doesn't seem to change the music volume.

This is an LE as well, so the SAM system.

Thanks.

#2 12 years ago

I think you use the front buttons to control the volume level. On mine, I have to press the left most button then use the middle one to increase the volume. I think you are just changing the "mix" settings.

#3 12 years ago

That increases the sound in general. I would like to increase only the music, which that setting appears to be for, but doesn't seem to alter anything.

#4 12 years ago

Unfortunately that setting is rather useless AB...
    Get an upgraded speaker kit (FF or PBP) that has the additional volume knob and tweak it from there.
    It's not a perfect solution, but at least you can balance the tones out a little bit better with two volume adjustments rather than having just the door one. Plus, you will have more bass which is always nice on LOTR!
    As for the rubber- white really doesn't look good on LOTR IMO. The game is dark, it should be left that way...
    Flipper rubber however, can be changed to yield better results!
    Good luck AB!

#5 12 years ago

I think LOTR also has a setting for a "volume effect". A bit like in BSD where the game alters the volume according to how well you are playing. You might also want to play with that setting.

#6 12 years ago

With that setting on, multi-balls get really loud. I guess to attract passers by to watch or something. Doesn't affect normal game volume. I turn it off.

#7 12 years ago

From memory, the only thing you can do is turn the background music lower (background music volume... higher number is lower volume). However, that option may not be supported by the "interim" board sound hardware, I just don't remember. About the only thing that adjustment accomplished in general is making the music sound like total crap. There's no way to increase music but keep voices the same.

#8 12 years ago

I have white rubber on my LOTR (non LE). I personally like it but not for everybody. Plays a lot faster. Brightens up the game a little.
    The only game I shopped I stuck with the black was scared stiff.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I have white rubber on my LOTR (non LE). I personally like it but not for everybody. Plays a lot faster. Brightens up the game a little.
    The only game I shopped I stuck with the black was Scared Stiff.

Always put white rubber on mine too, regardless of title.
    As to the volume, I'm not aware of how to seperate music and effects. Are you trying to lower the volume? I find that this is an almost obnoxiously loud pin and usually drowns out the others next to it. Turn it down, I say...It turns itself up again, some how.

#10 12 years ago

I put white rubber on my PoTD. Kept everything else black.

#11 12 years ago

It seems like the sounds and voices got louder than the music, or the music became quiter. Not sure which, but it doesn't seem balanced like it was.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

It seems like the sounds and voices got louder than the music, or the music became quiter. Not sure which, but it doesn't seem balanced like it was.

I haven't checked my '05 LoTR but with my newer sterns, increasing the music or sounds setting actually decreases the sound. So if you want the music louder, you would increase the sound fx setting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/couple-lotr-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.