(Topic ID: 278262)

couple issues with 1973 Williams EM

By firefly9r68

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jubilee Ball Count step up (resized).jpg
    20200927_171034 (resized).jpg
    20200927_170959 (resized).jpg
    20200425_185629 (resized).jpg
    20200425_185625 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

ok so i got this machine in pretty bad shape and not working. After changing alot of fuses, cleaning alot of points, replacing 2 coils, and much much more i have it up and running. I re did the cabinet on the game and cleaned and touched up the original play field. All i have left is to do the legs, the game turned out great but im having a few issues.

1 when i activate the Left flipper is scores on player one 100 points
    2 the game starts and plays perfect except it stays on player one 24/7 and ball 1 24/7

you can select 2 player but it wont ever go to player2.

I have worked on alot of 1980+ but this is my first EM to mess with. I do have a original wiring diagram(and lots of hours staring at it LOL) for the machine and yes i can use a volt meter

couple before and after pics for the fun

20200425_185625 (resized).jpg20200425_185625 (resized).jpg20200425_185629 (resized).jpg20200425_185629 (resized).jpg20200927_170959 (resized).jpg20200927_170959 (resized).jpg20200927_171034 (resized).jpg20200927_171034 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from firefly9r68:

1 when i activate the Left flipper is scores on player one 100 points

It could be that a nearby target switch is closing due to the vibration caused by the left flipper.

Quoted from firefly9r68:

2 the game starts and plays perfect except it stays on player one 24/7 and ball 1 24/7

For the Ball Count Step Up solenoid to fire you must complete the path through the Player and Coin Units and a few other switches. This schematic is from Jubilee but yours is likely very similar if not the same.
    Jubilee Ball Count step up (resized).jpgJubilee Ball Count step up (resized).jpg
    There are more details about how this circuit works in other topics like this one:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-revival

Try jumpering around some of the switches to see if you can get the solenoid to fire.

/Mark

#4 3 years ago

You have a Jubilee with a Darling Instruction card

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

It could be that a nearby target switch is closing due to the vibration caused by the left flipper.

For the Ball Count Step Up solenoid to fire you must complete the path through the Player and Coin Units and a few other switches. This schematic is from Jubilee but yours is likely very similar if not the same.
    [quoted image]
    There are more details about how this circuit works in other topics like this one:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-revival
    Try jumpering around some of the switches to see if you can get the solenoid to fire.
    /Mark

ok great! ill go to that link and work on this in the next week or so when i get a few mins and let you know. If i still cannot figure it out ill repost on here and go from there!
    thanks guys!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/couple-issues-with-1973-williams-em?hl=firefly9r68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.