(Topic ID: 6887)

Couple days on location and Transformers is already broken.

By GoBlue

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Riffbear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

It_sRock.jpeg
    It_sLog.jpeg
    photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goblue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Poor Optimus and his lil' ramp couldn't handle my multiball shots. The machine was turned off and the people at the arcade are pissed.

photo.JPG

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball-junky:

wtg GoBlue! Somebody had to break it in right?!
    Did you at least get to enjoy a good game before you sent optimus seeking shelter? How was it?

I think it broke on my third game today. I have played it on a couple of previous occasions. It is a fun pin.

#12 7 years ago

It's the metal piece with the Transformers logo. It should be attached to the play field, but it came undone. That peice moves up and down to direct shots at Optimus.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Come on now were you really that shocked when it happened??

No, I wasn't surprised. I first played Transformers last Saturday at a different location and during my first game it was apparent that this part is vulnerable. This part gets smacked repeatedly with the ball and sometimes as it is moving up and down. I think this pin was out on the floor for about 48 hours and I would guess it had about 200 games on it, but I don't really know. It would surprise me if more of these pieces do not break off from the play field, but hopefully it won't be an issue. It will be interesting to see how it holds up during expo and the launch parties.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_1up:

The six tiny screws fell out and into the bottom of the cabinet. I fixed it the same day and used locktite on the screws.

Great. Now that it's fixed, how about refurbishing the pop bumpers on Sopranos and cleaning Sopranos? It would greatly improve the game. Scared Stiff and Grand Prix could use a cleaning as well.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

There is a price Stern pays by making things cheaply, namely that due to the problems I've had, my Dad is not going to buy a NIB Tron from them. Most likely he'll just snag a Williams.

Here's the thing: products have problems, no matter what. It's what the company is willing to do once a problem is reported. I'm still waiting to hear from Stern before I go on an official bad mouthing tour.

Good luck. I emailed their warranty department in the past and never heard back.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from ruairidh:

the 1 up... are you repping the bar in denver? if so, kick ass! that place is awesome!

+1.

Did you know that they are getting a MM and some other cool pins? Sweet.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_1up:

Go Blue....I clean all of the games once a week and I will check out the pop bumpers.

Thanks Dan. They must get dirty pretty quick. I bet they get a lot of play on weekend nights. Rollergames has been a good addition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 219.99
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goblue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside