(Topic ID: 6887)

Couple days on location and Transformers is already broken.

By GoBlue

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Riffbear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

It_sRock.jpeg
    It_sLog.jpeg
    photo.JPG

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Some ignorant statements made here. Blaming another countries citizens for the quality of American made products is so American , a wow is warranted for sure

i apologize. i just remember when made in america meant something different. like mom and pops, or family oriented companies and products. i guess cheap labor is..well cheap labor. nothing against mexicans, i've worked with many and honestly they work hard. i'll just leave it at that.

#52 7 years ago

First we had reports of disk rubber separation occurring very rapidly on Tron (and remember the pinsider whose tron pop bumpers weren't secured tightly, and rattled loose w/in 200 games iirc), now problems with TF within a week of it's launch...

What's interesting, is that at least with Tron, while there was a brief spike of problems as people first broke in their machine, the problems eased up after a while. Hopefully, if TF turns out to have a high rate of problems, it'll be the same, and the problems won't be chronic, like they are on a few machines. I think Stern has a pinball gremlin infestation at the factory, and they're hitching a ride on their products - leaving us buyers to shake out the gremlins. Stern's QA needs to up their game.

Is transformers any good, by the way? The guy who runs our local arcade said that he got to play it, and was not impressed, he thought it was "100% theme" - that means I probably won't get to play it any time soon, since that's the only local place with pins (though if it's nothing special, that's not a big deal)

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I still do want a SM. I do not want a RS.

I think RS will go down in history as a low point.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

while there was a brief spike of problems as people first broke in their machine, the problems eased up after a while.

But that is bound to happen. Look back at all the DM games back as far as the early 90's and you will see numerous fix kits and software updates.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

stern...is laughable. made in USA my mexicans from mexico.

another one that should stay in RGP.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from tk375:

another one that should stay in RGP.

i apoligized. i was referring to the stern factory video i had seen this year. making pins on the 'line'. if you haven't seen it, watch it. i haven't said anything racist, or negative, or in anyway out of line for pinside. i'm just a realist, telling you how it is. some people can't handle the truth, i understand.

#57 7 years ago

i apoligized. i was referring to the stern factory video i had seen this year. making pins on the 'line'. if you haven't seen it, watch it. i haven't said anything racist, or negative, or in anyway out of line for pinside. i'm just a realist, telling you how it is. some people can't handle the truth, i understand.

Here's a better, more PC way to put it: Stern hires temp workers. This is necessary given the state of pinball and quite brilliant on Gary's part - Gary is able to adjust the size of his work force due to demand or lack there of. On the downside, you have people assembling a machine who aren't as skilled as someone who would be doing it full time for a longer period of time, and who would also have a deeper level of concern for their job.

#58 7 years ago

i'm just a realist, telling you how it is. some people can't handle the truth, i understand.

The problem there is 'your truth' is not the absolute truth or anywhere close to it. Just because you saw a worker of ethnicity on the line you go and blame solely that on the quality of Stern's Pins. That is silly really it is. But in the interest of keeping things civil I suggest we drop this subject and move on as adults with differing views do.

#59 7 years ago

i'm just a realist, telling you how it is. some people can't handle the truth, i understand.

a big ball of Ignorance. Wrong website buddy.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from ruairidh:

the 1 up... are you repping the bar in denver? if so, kick ass! that place is awesome!

I own the pins at the 1up.
    Go Blue....I clean all of the games once a week and I will check out the pop bumpers.
    SWEP1 is coming next and Baby Pacman for a total of 15 pins. MM will be after that.

Dan

#61 7 years ago

Dan, that is a great shop and your games were in quite nice shape. First chance I had at Tron and put my name on #1 on my first game...

I visited up there on my way to Lyons over labor day and must say, I was impressed! 8 or 10 pins? 30 arcade cabs, bank of skee ball, and a full bar. I thought the bartender was joking when he told me there was a wait to get into the place on weekend evenings. This place was hopping! I got there at 9pm and it was a 15min wait to get inside and a good 10min for a game. When I left at 1am, there was still a line outside and the doorman told me it was like that all night. Averaging one person walking in, one walking out every 2 min. DAMN.

Anyone in the Denver area that hasn't been there, or is going for a visit, needs to check The 1 Up out, it's kick ass. You should post photos Dan.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_1up:

Go Blue....I clean all of the games once a week and I will check out the pop bumpers.

Thanks Dan. They must get dirty pretty quick. I bet they get a lot of play on weekend nights. Rollergames has been a good addition.

#63 7 years ago

I've purchased 3 NIB Sterns for HUO. Had a problem with one of them which Stern promptly addressed. Each time I contacted them they got right back to me, both by e-mail and phone. Of course I didn't start blasting and blaming them either...so I am sure being level headed and polite made a difference.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Blaming another countries citizens for the quality of American made products is so American [] , a wow is warranted for sure. All I can say in our defense is not all of us are like that.

Workers working by the hour will usually do as good of work as they are instructed to do so the problem is with the boss. Having said that my SM has not had ANY issues and We have put 2000 plays on it.I can not say that for either 1 of my 2 williams pins as there is something wrong with them half the time.Sm is a quality machine!!

#65 7 years ago

Glad to hear the issue was fixed. From the pic it looked like maybe a weldment or something had broken which would have surely been a bummer.

#66 7 years ago

I have not seen Stern games have any more or less maintenance issues than most other manufacturers.

The real problem is people insist on the "new in box" experience. By and large, pinballs are too complicated a piece of equipment for that, but people insist. Like automobiles, there should be a "dealer prep" stage, but the "new in box" culture is here to stay, and I suppose the crabbiness as well.

#67 7 years ago

I can't wait for my L.E to arrive.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Glad to hear the issue was fixed. From the pic it looked like maybe a weldment or something had broken which would have surely been a bummer.

+1. I admit when I saw the first pics of the PF released a few weeks back I was worried about that ramp holding up. I gotta believe Gomez was very much aware that piece was going to get hammered...we'll see I guess.

#69 7 years ago

Is there a thread on the games playability?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 269.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside