(Topic ID: 6887)

Couple days on location and Transformers is already broken.

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riffbear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

It_sRock.jpeg
    It_sLog.jpeg
    photo.JPG

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Poor Optimus and his lil' ramp couldn't handle my multiball shots. The machine was turned off and the people at the arcade are pissed.

photo.JPG

#2 8 years ago

what's an arcade?

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

what's an arcade?

It's where you play Dance Revolution and claw games

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

It's where you play Dance Revolution and claw games []

Yes and shoot fake animals with fake shot gunz.

#5 8 years ago

wtg GoBlue! Somebody had to break it in right?!
    Did you at least get to enjoy a good game before you sent optimus seeking shelter? How was it?

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball-junky:

wtg GoBlue! Somebody had to break it in right?!
    Did you at least get to enjoy a good game before you sent optimus seeking shelter? How was it?

I think it broke on my third game today. I have played it on a couple of previous occasions. It is a fun pin.

#7 8 years ago

Good grief. Way to give the haters more fuel Stern.

#8 8 years ago

Could you explain what is broken. I can't tell from the pic.

#9 8 years ago

Looks like the door...will see

#10 8 years ago

im not a stern hater,in fact i like many of their pins that are not well liked by many pinheads. that said, i will not be buying a nib stern until the quality improves. with tron and now transformers having many quality issues i think stern needs to take a long hard look at how they are doing business. if they dont get their shit together pronto it is just a matter of time until jjp takes over as the worlds only maker of real pinball machines. just my opinion.

#11 8 years ago

Wow. It's crap like this that keeps my opinion on Stern constantly on the fence. They're clearly making an effort to make quality games, but facepalm after facepalm instantly reverses any progress they've made as a company in the eyes of the player.

#12 8 years ago

It's the metal piece with the Transformers logo. It should be attached to the play field, but it came undone. That peice moves up and down to direct shots at Optimus.

#13 8 years ago

ouch! how long has TF been out? like a week? that does not bode well, wonder how much Stern tests it's new games before it goes out on the market.

#14 8 years ago

A single problem, on a single sample pin doesn't mean much. How many broken MM dragon wings have there been over the years?

#16 8 years ago

i chuckled to myself when I read the title. hehe

in Stern's defense, ALL pinballs through the ages had problems like this when they are first put out for testing. nothing new here from what I understand.

unless this is a straight up designer goof up (or super cheap manufacturing), it's basically pinball as normal.

#17 8 years ago

Is TF still on test? Seems to me that should have already taken place. Aren't the watered down versions being shipped now?

#18 8 years ago

The only thing that needs a good facepalming is the snap "poo-poo" judgement people make on a machine that hasn't even reached the end of it's production yet!
    With that being said, kmoore and phrmtek seem to be the voice of reason so far on this thread.
    Seriously, it IS Pinball after all!!!
    If you really hate the idea of having to fix something when it breaks, I have just the thing for you!

It_sLog.jpeg

If you want something even less complicated, here you go...

It_sRock.jpeg
    Good luck getting to a multiball or wizard mode!!!

This is a perfect example of why warranties exist in the first place.

#19 8 years ago

I was gonna say, isn't it not "officially" out yet? I thought the chicago expo was the first launch party?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was gonna say, isn't it not "officially" out yet? I thought the chicago expo was the first launch party?

Your right. It's not officially out until the launch party at expo but Stern has released game already.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from GoBlue:

Poor Optimus and his lil' ramp couldn't handle my multiball shots. The machine was turned off and the people at the arcade are pissed.

Come on now were you really that shocked when it happened??

#22 8 years ago

Poor Quality of toys, or a really bad location for Optimus.

#23 8 years ago

Might be a bad location for the game.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Come on now were you really that shocked when it happened??

No, I wasn't surprised. I first played Transformers last Saturday at a different location and during my first game it was apparent that this part is vulnerable. This part gets smacked repeatedly with the ball and sometimes as it is moving up and down. I think this pin was out on the floor for about 48 hours and I would guess it had about 200 games on it, but I don't really know. It would surprise me if more of these pieces do not break off from the play field, but hopefully it won't be an issue. It will be interesting to see how it holds up during expo and the launch parties.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

With that being said, kmoore and phrmtek seem to be the voice of reason so far on this thread.
    Seriously, it IS Pinball after all!!!

see, sometimes I can be reasonable! lol

"Log! It's better than bad.. It's good!"

#26 8 years ago

Someone should come out with a mod to prevent that from happening.

#27 8 years ago

I miss arcades

#28 8 years ago

All 5 were working well at expo tonight. Great game.

#29 8 years ago

Was working well when I played it tonight.

#30 8 years ago

The only way to avoid pinball breakages is to have a virtual pinball machine of Playstation. Part of the game refinement process I guess. Maybe more work needed.

#31 8 years ago

This is a real genuine breakage. I remember a few years back Stern games were written off as soon as the theme was announced or the first pictures came out, how unfair was that ...

#32 8 years ago

Poor Optimus Prime

#33 8 years ago

Stern: Keeping Cliffy in business since 1998.

#34 8 years ago

This isn't the final release? This one gives them something to do.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

lol

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

If you really hate the idea of having to fix something when it breaks, I have just the thing for you!
    If you want something even less complicated, here you go...

[rock pic]

Good luck getting to a multiball or wizard mode!!!

That rock has cracks in it! Did Stern make that?? I bet they did..why those dirty, no good rock makers.....

#37 8 years ago

I've had numerous problems with my NIB purchase less than a year ago. Sent all these issues to Stern and am awaiting to hear from their "Quality Department" (there's a joke in here somewhere). I will make a FULL post about the issues and outcome once a hear back. Been waiting more than a week now...

#38 8 years ago

Stuff breaks man. Except on my pins of course

#39 8 years ago

The six tiny screws fell out and into the bottom of the cabinet. I fixed it the same day and used locktite on the screws.

#40 8 years ago

stern...is laughable. made in USA my mexicans from mexico. my NIB tron...had a flynn arcade toy that was split appart (they mailed me a new one about a month after i called them)..and one of my 'special' inserts..actually has the 'S' painted on by hand (the outer left lane insert). i'm not making any of this up. i find it kind of sad, you pay 4300$ for ish like this? i guess i could make FORD or TOYOTA pickup references..lmao.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Nice, good thing Cliffy makes protectors for machines older than that.

#42 8 years ago

Why is it that everytime a Stern machine breaks, the people that mention it are Stern haters? I do not hate Stern but I feel that their machines feel different than the older machines. At times some of the parts do feel a little cheap. That does not mean the game/company is hated.

I still do want a SM. I do not want a RS. These are my thoughts based on fact, not hate. Stern lovers need to not take things personally. That goes for the future JJP people (me). If WOZ has a flaw and someone points it out, I am not going to call them a JJP hater. I will be disappointed as an Stern owner should be in the flaw, but I will fix it and move on to see what machine I will buy next!

#43 8 years ago

Yea, I wasn't TRYING to single out stern, it just seemed like a funny slogan.

Regardless of build quality, we do need them. If no one makes machines, there will be no need for parts to continue to be made so we can't fix our old machines years down the road.

I still have high hopes that Best Buy can cause more machines to be sold and quality can improve along with prices going down a bit. It's more of a pipe dream, but the hopes be high.

Just to go against full hatred...
    Stern games I LOVE: TSPP, LOTR, CSI, IM, POTC, and I enjoy Tron.

And I'd like to point out something strange that the board may have never heard of: The Brain. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5233

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Why is it that everytime a Stern machine breaks, the people that mention it are Stern haters? I do not hate Stern but I feel that their machines feel different than the older machines. At times some of the parts do feel a little cheap. That does not mean the game/company is hated

i'm with you Abso..my point being that WE pay thousands of dollars for a new product..that shouldn't cost us that much, for the quality we are getting. seems to me they rush the pins off the line as fast as possible..not really a good inspection team maybe? this day and age..EVERYTHING is made cheaper....think automobiles for example. cheap plastic, that breaks, so we then have to continue to buy parts to 'fuel' the industry. i almost wonder if stern makes them cheaper so they know that they're service and parts department will be making bank. you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

the illuminati conspiracy is a great example. we could be in the dark, luckily Jersey Jack is comming around the corner to balance out the pinball word once again!

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_1up:

The six tiny screws fell out and into the bottom of the cabinet. I fixed it the same day and used locktite on the screws.

Great. Now that it's fixed, how about refurbishing the pop bumpers on Sopranos and cleaning Sopranos? It would greatly improve the game. Scared Stiff and Grand Prix could use a cleaning as well.

#46 8 years ago

There is a price Stern pays by making things cheaply, namely that due to the problems I've had, my Dad is not going to buy a NIB Tron from them. Most likely he'll just snag a Williams.

Here's the thing: products have problems, no matter what. It's what the company is willing to do once a problem is reported. I'm still waiting to hear from Stern before I go on an official bad mouthing tour.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

There is a price Stern pays by making things cheaply, namely that due to the problems I've had, my Dad is not going to buy a NIB Tron from them. Most likely he'll just snag a Williams.

Here's the thing: products have problems, no matter what. It's what the company is willing to do once a problem is reported. I'm still waiting to hear from Stern before I go on an official bad mouthing tour.

Good luck. I emailed their warranty department in the past and never heard back.

#48 8 years ago

the 1 up... are you repping the bar in denver? if so, kick ass! that place is awesome!

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from ruairidh:

the 1 up... are you repping the bar in denver? if so, kick ass! that place is awesome!

+1.

Did you know that they are getting a MM and some other cool pins? Sweet.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

made in USA my mexicans from mexico.

Some ignorant statements made here. Blaming another countries citizens for the quality of American made products is so American , a wow is warranted for sure. All I can say in our defense is not all of us are like that.

Okay back to the point, I really do hope Stern tries to tighten up on quality in the coming releases. It does not seem like they have done a well enough job in this department during the past few releases. That said, pinball machines will still be pinball machines and no matter how they are designed there WILL be issues eventually no matter what. I think most of us know that already. I also hope JJP pays close attention to quality control because if they do and their quality is more sound (than Sterns recent releases) Stern will have to follow suit or go out of business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 109.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside