3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by smohr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210110_140334 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I was cleaning the sequence unit cuz it was acting sluggish and when I reassembled it I noticed I broke off one of the Electoral connection tabs to the Bakelite I was able to solder the wire directly to the backside of that rivet but I was just wondering are those rivets replaceable I do have a parts machine and I can definitely scavenge that part later if need be or will my quick solder to the back of a trivet hold

20210110_140334 (resized).jpg20210110_140334 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

soldering to the back of the rivet is fine. You could probably solder the lug back on where it cracked off and reinforce the crack with wire or a piece of metal if you wanted it to look nicer.

unless you have new rivets, when you drill out an old one off a parts game you lose the rolled over part and have to glue the rivet in or rely on the wiring on the back to hold it.

another option is drill out a lug from a parts game. Make the hole where the rivet went thru big enough to go around the rivet on your sequence unit ... that'll let you solder the new lug completely onto the surface of the broken one.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for the options

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/county-fair-sequence-unit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.