(Topic ID: 114795)

Counts balls on 1 player like its on 2 player.

By Million2one

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

08-Ball-Work-03 (resized).jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have a 1963 Williams 8-ball and on single player it only advances the ball count every second ball like its on 2 player. The stepper in the back all looks good so I assume it's what ever tells it to jump twice. Any help greatly appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Also I'm new to the site so hello everyone.

#3 9 years ago

Sorry it's a 1966

1 week later
#4 9 years ago

Contacts on player relay clean and well adjusted?
Ball counter clean?

There is a schematic on ipdb.org of 8-ball.

#5 9 years ago

Welcome, Million2one!

I don't know Williams games very well, and after looking quickly at the schematic wizardblom referred to, I'm not any better off. Just guessing the obvious here, but the player stepper (or relay(s)?) aren't acting properly, and continue to register 2 players regardless of 1 or 2 player game. Take a look at those relays? Maybe?

3 years later
#6 5 years ago

I have the same issue. If i am on 3 balls and hit the game start once for one player, it will go 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 then game over. It never actually switches or lights the secobd player when it does this. On a 5 ball game it's 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5. A two player game works with no issues.

5 months later
#7 5 years ago

You ever figure this out? I never had any luck. Finally got back to this machine and would like to get it playable again.

#8 5 years ago

Hi Million2one
great - ipdb has the schematics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/counts-balls-on-1-player-like-its-on-2-player#post-4843998 - I show the place where the action is shown. You play a ONE-Player-Game - You play a ball, then loose the ball - the pin should step to the next ball for player-1. See on top of the JPG, "blue lines" - the ball is lost - the Outhole-Relay pulls-in, stays pulling, "Switch on Outhole-Relay" is closed - You have played the ball and have made some points with this ball, Ball-Index-Relay has pulled-in and is steady pulling, "Switch on Ball-Index-Relay" is closed - the Outhole-Relay pulling-in made the motor to do a turn of 180 degrees, motor is running and at a time closes Score-Motor-(SCM)-Switch-2A - You did not gain an Extraball, "the Shoot-Again-Relay" is not pulling so its switch is closed - You have not yet reached "Game-Over": The "Ball-Counter-Step-Up-Coil" fires.
ALL this (mentioned before) works --- but in a ONE-Player-Game the "Ball-Counter-Step-Up-Coil" should fire TWO times. See "my brown lines" - the turning motor should close SCM-1A to do an step. Your fault is "in my brown wiring". Schematics are drawn abstract --- see the bottom of the JPG - maybe Your pin is wired like this.

Look in Your pin - does the "2nd Coin Relay" faulty pull ? (and the switch is entitled to have moved) - check for "broken off wire" along my brown wiring. Have the pin unplugged - manually actuate the "2nd Coin Relay" - look at the threebladed Make-and-Brake-Switch - blades O.K. ? use fine sandpaper and clean the contacts. Lastly: Check motor-Switch-1A. Greetings Rolf

08-Ball-Work-03 (resized).jpg08-Ball-Work-03 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/counts-balls-on-1-player-like-its-on-2-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.