(Topic ID: 111144)

Countdown to the hobbit hitting theaters! 17 Days!

By lordloss

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aladdin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

ZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZ...

Wake me up when hollywood puts out a version that isn't mutilated into a LOTR prequel. Until then I will stick to the old cartoon version. Funny how it actually manages to follow the story even on a budget.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

BTW, The Hobbit's Wikipedia page has some history on the "LOTR prequel" issue -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit#Revisions. It's interesting to see the changes Tolkien made to later editions of The Hobbit to conform with LOTR. You can imagine how much s*#t Tolkien would take if he were making those revisions today instead of in 1951. And I say this as someone who's still disgusted with George Lucas for messing with the original trilogy.

The changes Tolkien made were relatively minor. Hobbit was written as a story for his kids. The LOTR was written when they were older and hence more adult. The Silmarillion was never finished, but there are multiple known edits he made over the years. He was known to rewrite things or add back story to make the world more cohesive. If anyone wants something to listen to try this http://www.tolkienprofessor.com/wp/lectures/

Quoted from Goronic:

While I think the old cartoon was well done - I think the movies are pretty cool as well. Have you seen the last film? LOTR movies were epic, and I think the battle of five armies will feel equally as epic.

The movies are a hollywood hack job to create the LOTR 0.5. The hobbit is supposed to be a light hearted kid's tale. Was pretty excited for the first one. Barely made it through the second. Jackson made changes to bring LOTR to the screen and it was fine. This thing though, is a monstrosity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/countdown-to-the-hobbit-hitting-theaters-17-days?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.