Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jojo22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jojo22:

Hey guys, just bought a new pascal all in one board for my gottlieb countdown as the old board stopped working, and now I'm having more issues. I can't start a game, because it says check "coil 8" which the manual says is the red target bank reset. The strange thing is, when the old board was working, I never had an issue with that solenoid. Apart from that, there's also no sound out of the speaker or chimes. Any ideas before I dive into it? A friend suggested pulling a wire off that solenoid and seeing what happens.

This may sound silly, but did you wire directly from the board to the speaker? With a Pascal all in one, you have to do that as the original sound board is no longer connected.

My guess is, if it's tell you coil 8 is bad, it's bad. Check the resistance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/countdown-problems-with-new-pascal-board?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.