Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

This is my first machine and I am very new to repairs. I’ve watched two really helpful videos on YouTube on system 1 machines and am since stuck. The game will turn on and run (sometimes) but it seems as if there’s a burned out transistor on the driver board. The bottom three displays don’t work and the kick-out hole starts in the up position when the game is turned on (and returned to the down position when turned off) I was wondering if anyone can help. I’m thinking about replacing the driver board entirely but I don’t know if that’s a wise decision. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Have you found this page yet? http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/

Go through the section on Before Powering On, and then it has a bunch of troubleshooting stuff.

#3 4 years ago

So much of these early gottliebs is related to connectors. I would replace or repair the harness between the mpu and the solenoid board before going too deep. There is a replacement available on eBay or through docent Electronics

#4 4 years ago

Sounds like a bad transistor, yeah

#5 4 years ago

Yeah! I’ve gone through a lot of this and it’s helped. I think I need to dig deeper into it though

Quoted from BorgDog:

Have you found this page yet? http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/
Go through the section on Before Powering On, and then it has a bunch of troubleshooting stuff.

#6 4 years ago

I was thinking about repinning all of my
Connectors before doing anything else

Quoted from QuietEarp:

So much of these early gottliebs is related to connectors. I would replace or repair the harness between the mpu and the solenoid board before going too deep. There is a replacement available on eBay or through docent Electronics

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Shunsaker:

I was thinking about repinning all of my
Connectors before doing anything else

good plan.

3 months later
#8 4 years ago

Tried placing an order with Docent last night and their email addresses are bouncing.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnBillerman:

Tried placing an order with Docent last night and their email addresses are bouncing.

I'd avoid using them right now, the owner had been having some health issues and I haven't heard any updates

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/countdown-gottlieb-sys-1-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.