• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by QuietEarp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 days ago

Hello,

I recently purchased a count-down (Gottlieb system 1). I already have a Count-down that is working fine, but this one is in better cosmetic condition.

I could not get the newer one to work, so I took all the boards out of the existing functioning one along with the cables.

It seems the new count-down machine boots properly and the displays also seem to be working as they should.

However, none of the switches on the coin door work - I cannot add a credit, start a game or go into test service mode. The only thin I can do is reset the CPU (that works).

Does not appear to be the slam switch, but then again I am not an expert with these things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

#2 7 days ago
Quoted from mbudman:

Count-down will not start.

You better get it fixed before midnight New Year's eve.

#3 7 days ago

I would try reseating the small bottom left connector on the mpu a few times. I believe that is the connector for the coindoor switches.

If that doesn’t work it may need repinned

#4 6 days ago
Quoted from mbudman:

Hello,
I recently purchased a count-down (Gottlieb system 1). I already have a Count-down that is working fine, but this one is in better cosmetic condition.
I could not get the newer one to work, so I took all the boards out of the existing functioning one along with the cables.
It seems the new count-down machine boots properly and the displays also seem to be working as they should.
However, none of the switches on the coin door work - I cannot add a credit, start a game or go into test service mode. The only thin I can do is reset the CPU (that works).
Does not appear to be the slam switch, but then again I am not an expert with these things.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mark

Have you read through Clay's System 1 guide yet? Many common problems are resolved by following his suggestions.

#5 6 days ago

I left my Count-Down at my mother's house for a bit and she told me it wasn't working. When I went back I had similar symptoms as you. I reseated all the connectors on the boards and it then worked fine. I don't know what connector was the issue unfortunately, but it seems to work now.

Good Luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 289.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
1,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 49.00
$ 8,000.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside