(Topic ID: 25498)

Could/would Stern remake an old title if the money was right?

By Quicksilver1

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quicksilver1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I've always wondered, let's say money was no object and I contacted Stern about the possibility of making me a brand new 2012 version of Quicksilver or Catacomb, no matter the cost. First off, do you think they would even entertain the idea? Second, do you think they would have the capability and resources to replicate one of their pins from 30 years ago here in this day and age?

#9 11 years ago

I guess I should have put a cap on the monetary limit. Any chance they could get it done do it for the price of their current pins, or would it take a little more cheddar than that? I don't have the money or the intention of going this route, but i've always wondered if they could, or even would attempt it.

#15 11 years ago

It was more or less just a curious thought, not any sort of real intention. I only used Stern as an example as they (even though Stern Electronics differs from Stern Pinball) are the only pinball manufacturer still operating that (more or less) was around in the glory days. I guess in theory, if they were still up and running, Williams, Data East, or Bally could as just as easy been dropped in place of Stern as the manufacturer. I was more or less curious if a company would entertain the idea of remaking a 20-30 year old pin as a one off for someone if the price was right, or if the resources to get it done even existed any more?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quicksilver1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/couldwould-stern-remake-an-old-title-if-the-money-was-right?tu=Quicksilver1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.