(Topic ID: 263150)

Could you (would you) shop this in 1 day?

By Cserold

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

QuarterlyHastyDonkey-small.gif
Dirt Dauber (resized).png
IMG_5416.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I referred our go to Dallas tech wizard (Evan the Pinsmith) to some friends that inherited an old Grand Prix EM and just wanted it working again. Evan agreed to take the job and the pic below is what he found when he showed up. He arrived around 1pm and had the thing fully cleaned and working by 11pm. I’m not sure he is going to take my referrals anymore. Lol.

You guys ever seen a cab this infested with dirt dobber nests?

IMG_5416.jpgIMG_5416.jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I live by a creek..in this area....and we don't even get anywhere near that many mud dauber nests in the carports and whatnot around us.
That's TOTALLY BATSHIT, and hell no, I would not want to be the one working on that. I don't know how in the hell he got that done in 10 hours, but I'd love to see an "after" picture....

Totally agree. Evan is a machine and obviously went way above and beyond for this family. They are very grateful. I couldn’t believe it when he sent me the pic. I felt bad! Lol

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I’m sorry - I’m from New England - what the HOLY FAHCK are those monstrosities!?!?

I’m dying laughing at this man. Made my day. Edit: Guess I should explain. They are "mud" or "dirt" dauber nests. They are wasp looking like creatures that are all black and build those things from dirt/water for nests. Look like alien pods.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Wtf is a dobber

I misspelled it which is perhaps the point of your post. It’s dauber.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

I'd pay to see a time lapse video of that cleanup

Good call. That would be sweet:

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

So...what was the final bill on that service?

I don't know what the cost was but do know that Evan honored his initial quote (which was given without seeing the inside). Thankfully, I think the owners paid him more.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Bet Evan used a pressure washer , then a blOwer to dry it .. Most likely NOT , but to get all the mUd nests out and shoped and working in 10 hrs ,, WoW
He's da man !!!!

Ha. No water or blower

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-you-would-you-shop-this-in-1-day?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.