(Topic ID: 126700)

Could we possibly see Williams make games again?

By lil-league

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jungle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

What is the possibility of Williams/Bally parent company Scientific Games getting back into the pinball game? I know its a longshot, considering they are soley focused on gambling games/slots, but I can't help to think that with the "recent reemergence" of pinball and new start ups taking place in the industry that a company that was once considered the best manufacturer of pinball machines wouldn't want to reclaim that market share. I don't know anything about Scientific Games as a company, but it appears as though their profits have stalled over the last few years; maybe they will look to other sources of revenue (like pinball)... just a thought.

#2 8 years ago

Nope. Don't think so. They're more likely to get into handheld device gambling games than back into pinball.

#3 8 years ago

IMO there's no chance. The amount of money they make selling slots is so stupidly high, they really don't care about the possibility to sell a few thousand pinball machines each year.

#4 8 years ago

I can see it now. Williams paying PPS for the rights....

#5 8 years ago

All of their big talent except Eddy is dead or working at Stern.

#6 8 years ago

Again with this ?!

#7 8 years ago

No. There is no possibility.

Any profits a pinball company eke out simply pale in comparison to the gaming business.

#8 8 years ago

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I can see it now. Williams paying PPS for the rights....

lol ... that's the only way it could happen ... and the lol is about pinball being a source for revenue/profit ... oy.

#10 8 years ago

That would be great but it will never happen. It's like the love of your life that ripped your heart out.... at some point you just gotta let it go.

#11 8 years ago

^^^.....I miss you so much Amy Ritchie....no relation to Steve..(I don't think)..............Joey

#12 8 years ago

I've done some work with WMS for some clients. The current WMS employees have little to no idea their company was ever in the pinball industry.

You should see the weird looks I got when discussing their pinball history...

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

All of their big talent except Eddy is dead or working at Stern.

What does Eddy do nowadays? Why hasn't anyone recruited this A+ talent?

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've done some work with WMS for some clients. The current WMS employees have little to no idea their company was ever in the pinball industry.
    You should see the weird looks I got when discussing their pinball history...

That is such a shame...

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hudson:

That is such a shame...

Yep even the WMS web page does not even give mention to the company's roots or founder whose name they still use.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Yep even the WMS web page does not even give mention to the company's roots or founder whose name they still use.

That is a shame.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

What does Eddy do nowadays? Why hasn't anyone recruited this A+ talent?

Last I heard, he was still at Zynga

#18 8 years ago

They should make a pin solely for the redemption market with spinning reels on a big LCD. A very simple game but with the technology these days it could be fun for youngsters. And although pinheads wouldn't touch it a new generation is created for the future.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-we-possibly-see-williams-make-games-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.