Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XpinX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi,
I'm looking for some help with my Gilligan's island, the island motor stopped working. In the motor test mode the Opto switch on the island and Island Lock Switch each work but the motor doesn't. How can I test the motor? The game plays but in jungle run or kona mode the ramp stay up and the island won't move.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks I will check the solenoid test before re-flowing the solder.

#4 10 years ago

I didn't see anything in the solenoid test that turned on the motor relay. in the motor test the relay didn't activate.
is there a way to test the relay to see if that is the problem?

#6 10 years ago

I did the re-flowing the solder and it didn't change anything.
is there a way to trouble shoot each part, or bypass the relay to find the problem?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Excellent title for this post!

Thank you

#13 10 years ago

still need help!
test report shows an island error.
In the motor test mode the Opto switch on the island and Island Lock Switch each work but the motor doesn't.
when i ground Q58, relay works and the motor turns. so it seems to me all connections are OK, switches OK, relay OK, motor OK.
Where do I go from here?

#16 10 years ago

Can anyone give me some suggestions.

#17 10 years ago

How can I check it?

#20 10 years ago

yes I do have a meter. would you agree that you think the transistor would be the next step?

also thank you terryb

4 weeks later
#28 10 years ago

Thanks Mrjamma. I don't have any of the books for taxi, do you know if there are any transistors the same as Q58 that are not used on the board?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Same problem on my GI ..I found out the game needs to warm up ..or go into test mode and turn the motor and ramp up then down a couple of times...my has been saying island error for years but always works fine after doing those things

Quoted from thepinballworks:

I did a reset on my GI, pulled the batteries out and gave it about 10 min's power off. No more error code and the island works fine now. So I still don't know how that happened or what the reset did, but it has been years now and still working just fine.

I'll give it a try.
Thanks

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ufopinball:

Taxi, or Gilligan's Island?
The manual for Gilligan's Island shows all the transistors are being used.
That said, it sounds pretty unusual that Q58, a TIP102, could get fried when its only job is toggling a relay.
Was there any event or repair work that happened right around when the motor stopped working?
Bill

Gilligan's Island, I had taxi on the brain.
I think I was playing a game on it and it just stopped.

Side note I grew up in Fountain Valley from 1969-1977

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 40.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XpinX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-use-a-professor-to-help-with-gilligan?tu=XpinX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.