(Topic ID: 125663)

Could TWD become a great game with refined code?

By lowepg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Finally got a chance to play a walking dead (LE) the other day and found it more fun than I was expecting!

I had been reading reviews and had fairly low expectations. I found it to be a pretty fun game. I'm wondering for those with more time on the game than me- with refined (complete?) code- could this rise to be a GREAT Stern title?

#3 9 years ago

Its different enough for me to make it a keeper in my line up. Fun and the one theme all the family seems to go gaga over now at parties.

#4 9 years ago

I surely hope so.

#5 9 years ago

It is already IMO.

#6 9 years ago

I think so. It's pretty good now. Probably another year before it's finished though.

#7 9 years ago

There needs to be a different or separate way to start modes. The drop targets are difficult to aim for and I usually wind up starting modes by sheer virtue of a long enough ball time. Well walker and prison MB are fun, but there can be so much more. Maybe a Bicycle Girl multiball once you've nailed the shots?

Fun game, but new code is sorely needed.

#8 9 years ago

Well, I have a SMALL collection, as in room for max 4 games.

I'm moving my ACDC out and trying to find something very different to replace it with. I WAS thinking LOTR, but I just got a TSPP and I feel LOTR would crowd the "deep ruleset" genre that TSPP shares....

#9 9 years ago

I have ACDC, Met, Mustang, and TWD.

TWD fits just fine, and of all my games, has the shortest ball times.

#10 9 years ago

For me, the toys are so poorly conceived and unsatisfying to hit, it wouldn't make a difference. But those who like it for the theme deserve satisfying code.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, I have a SMALL collection, as in room for max 4 games.
I'm moving my ACDC out and trying to find something very different to replace it with. I WAS thinking LOTR, but I just got a TSPP and I feel LOTR would crowd the "deep ruleset" genre that TSPP shares....

I think LOTR is the greatest ever and I love TSPP. However, in a 4 game collection, I would think the 2 of them would be overbearing. TWD as it is has enough code to entertain you for a few weeks. After that, you would probably do what I have; play it about once a week as to not hate that it is so half baked.

I am not going to make the MET mistake of selling before the major update, but I have come close numerous times.

Anyway, with great code I think it will be a very GOOD game. I do not know if the layout will ever allow greatness?

#12 9 years ago

I'm not really in love with the playfield design and there was some clear corner cutting (the LE lifting ramp and protector mess is an atrocity) but the game code wise already makes it pretty good. It could be very good once the code is finished (will be nice to score more than 100,000 for horde)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-twd-become-a-great-game-with-refined-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.