(306 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Demo Man headed to CO 004.JPG
dennings.jpg
880-5115-01.jpg
image-266.jpg
Capture.JPG
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 9 years ago

I would love to do some more custom Ironmans. Hope it happens.

#202 9 years ago

119 here on this thread said they'd buy when total pinside owners of IM is 224 so IMO it sounds like demand for the game is not the issue.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn't put too much weight on that one - TONS of previously run sterns were in that stack. The caption on the picture listed Family Guy, spiderman, and LOTR too - but if you look at the tags hanging out of the stacks, I'm guessing there were a LOT more not listed. It's not like they cranked out 500 Iron Man blanks and that's what the pile was. It's just overruns from old jobs that they didn't dispose of.

Good point.

#204 9 years ago

I know I'm just playing the devils advocate, MMR shows that a high price game can be sold in numbers when a lot of people said it'd never happen. Tron re-run, Black SM or others has shown that Stern is able to re-run a game, Luci shows that Stern is able to milk a hot title.

as to losing sales of current games, I bought Tron when I was not going to buy an Avengers. I would never dream of buying Mustang, but would buy an IM rather than paying $6k for a routed one (as is current for sale).

#205 9 years ago

How long has Terry been selling Iron Monger figures for? I thought these were impossible to get and the biggest reason that Stern hasn't re-run IM? It says "very limited quantities" but It makes you wonder why these all of a sudden showed up.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3408

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How long has Terry been selling Iron Monger figures for? I thought these were impossible to get and the biggest reason that Stern hasn't re-run IM? It says "very limited quantities" but It makes you wonder why these all of a sudden showed up.

it shows 4 in stock when you try to add to your cart

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

it shows 4 in stock when you try to add to your cart

It's the timing of it which raised a flag for me. This is the version from the Stern factory that is hardened for game use. I know there's only 4, but why is Terry only getting these from Stern now? Makes you think maybe they have a "new and improved" version that they are getting ready to use on the IM LE re-run?

#208 9 years ago

The first time I played Iron Man was when it replaced TSPP. To say I was underwhelmed and disappointed with the game is an understatement. It took me years to actually appreciate the game. Now I think it's a fantastic competition game, but I would never buy one for myself at the prices they are going for. To me, Iron Man is a good $2k->$2.5k game. Honestly, if I can get games like Shadow, Demo Man, TFTC, etc... for ~$2k, why on earth would I want to spend more then that on Iron Man which offers less?
I know I'm not the popular opinion, and I am A-OK with not owning for a very long time.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Iron Man which offers less?

Offers less what? Support rails? Sure. Gameplay? Not at all.

#210 9 years ago

Yeah gameplay. I said it. It's a very simple game and relatively quick to get to the "wizard" mode on a single ball. Again, I stated it's a great competition game, it just is not deep enough for me to want to pay what the going rate is. I'd be bored with it in about a month.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Yeah gameplay. I said it. It's a very simple game and relatively quick to get to the "wizard" mode on a single ball. Again, I stated it's a great competition game, it just is not deep enough for me to want to pay what the going rate is. I'd be bored with it in about a month.

I thought that too, but 4 years later it's still the least boring game I own! Also, I'll bet you never got to the final wizard mode...on ten balls it would be tough! Getting there on one ball is impossible.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Yeah gameplay. I said it. It's a very simple game and relatively quick to get to the "wizard" mode on a single ball.

You've never been to the wizard mode.

Ever.

#213 9 years ago

Which wizard mode are you talking about? The Do or Die Multiball super crazy just grind for a while to get me multiball? No I haven't gotten that and doubt I will. I do get to Jericho quite often and collect the Do or Die hurryup almost just as often because I make a point of stacking those two together. What other wizard mode am I missing? I'll aim for it tonight at league

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

What other wizard mode am I missing?

The one that you said you got to in one ball but then said you didn't.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The one that you said you got to in one ball but then said you didn't.

Hmm? I get Jericho and Do or Die in one ball usually. You can only get Do or Die on a single ball I believe. Once you drain you gotta start over again unless you fully completed a mode (flashing light).

#216 9 years ago

Iron man is a painfully simple game. I fail to see why people like it.

The first time i got do or die. I though i was going to get a sweet multiball / wizard mode type thing. Nope just a boring 50mil. Maybe they changed the code since.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Hmm? I get Jericho and Do or Die in one ball usually. You can only get Do or Die on a single ball I believe. Once you drain you gotta start over again unless you fully completed a mode (flashing light).

I think you are missing the point. That's not the wizard mode.

Do or Die Multiball is the wizard mode.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Iron Man is a painfully simple game. I fail to see why people like it.

Your loss.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think you are missing the point. That's not the wizard mode.
Do or Die Multiball is the wizard mode.

Nope, those are wizard modes. Like it or not. The Do or Die Multiball is a super wizard mode (or whatever you call it)... A victory lap wizard mode maybe? It's like Valinor on LotR. Something wicked far out there to get after you've completed everything a few times in one game.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The price is not the same for everyone. Simple wholesale economics. Ask Sealclubber. (NOT where I purchased)

Yeah, I got burned on my first NIB. But mainly because they lied about something else. I was willing to pay more for the pin to get the feature since I didn't have the maintenance skills I do now. I learned and have not overpaid since, IMO. And definitely won't buy from them again.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is starting to add up isn't it?

The Marvel banner on Stern's Facebook page yesterday combined with those recent pics of Iron Man playfields stacked up really makes it appear that this is what will happen.

What will really be interesting is to see what kind of version they release? My guess is it would be like a Premium version, and will cost more than $6k.

And did anyone else notice that these suddenly showed up @ pinballife this week?

880-5115-01.jpg880-5115-01.jpg
#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

It's like Valinor on LotR.

Yes, it's like Valinor in that Valinor IS THE WIZARD MODE.

But let's keep arguing about what is and isn't a wizard mode, or "super wizard mode" as you want to put it.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

And did anyone else notice that these suddenly showed up @ pinballife this week?

Those have been available on Terry's website for weeks.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Those have been available on Terry's website for weeks.

well, they are still "new"

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, it's like Valinor in that Valinor IS THE WIZARD MODE.
But let's keep arguing about what is and isn't a wizard mode, or "super wizard mode" as you want to put it.

Destroy the Ring is also a wizard mode ya silly goose
Wizard modes come after you've played what the game has to offer and survived but NOT NECESSARILY "completed" them. Take ST:TNG for example. Just time out the modes to get to Final Fronter. ToM same idea, time out the modes then "complete" the other couple requirements. MM/AFM you must complete the modes to get to the wizard mode. Iron Man you just need to start the modes for Jericho not complete them, Do or Die Multiball you need to complete the modes but to complete some modes just means to grind and play it multiple times rather then achieve a super jackpot or actual progression-win condition.

#228 9 years ago

I always thought the wizard mode was the final mode of a game.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I always thought the wizard mode was the final mode of a game.

So did I.

But I guess we are "silly gooses".

#230 9 years ago

Looks like there are 62 Pinsiders who either bought the game in the 5-6K range or bought NIB and watched the value rise and want to protect their "investment"-- haha based on the "Hell No" votes. Seriously, I think there is huge demand for this title. I do believe that the hype train is part of the deal and that the game is not as good as promoted by many pinheads, but I don't dictate reality. The reality is that this is a very in demand game any way you slice it and Stern would have no problem selling these.

On another note, never ever pay more NIB price on a Stern that's less than 5-6 years old. History shows that despite what the naysayers say, any of those titles could be run again at any time (pending licensing). Stern has demonstrated this time and again.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So did I.
But I guess we are "silly gooses".

yup, silly gooses
Anyways we off-tracked the thread enough .

My point remains for ME- I do not see the game as more then a $2k->$2.5k machine because I find it simple and I generally play all modes *cough* except for one *cough* each time I play it. Great for competition play, no good at the price for my home.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

yup, silly gooses
Anyways we off-tracked the thread enough .
My point remains for ME- I do not see the game as more then a $2k->$2.5k machine because I find it simple and I generally play all modes *cough* except for one *cough* each time I play it. Great for competition play, no good at the price for my home.

You can't get to wizard mode on buck Rogers, roller games and paragon with any frequency, huh?

Edit: I'm not being fair. You qualified your statement. It is your prerogative to place whatever value you see fit on any game. I'd pay $4500 ish for a nib and that's it.

#233 9 years ago

Only game that gets me too excited when I get do or die going and lose all my playing skills trying to make the timed shot and worse during double scoring. I have definitely become a better swearer due to this pin.

Of course as an owner I am going to say hell no to buying another! Rerun the game as many need this pin playing experience at home but I only need the one.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Destroy the Ring is also a wizard mode ya silly goose
Wizard modes come after you've played what the game has to offer and survived but NOT NECESSARILY "completed" them. Take ST:TNG for example. Just time out the modes to get to Final Fronter. ToM same idea, time out the modes then "complete" the other couple requirements. MM/AFM you must complete the modes to get to the wizard mode. Iron Man you just need to start the modes for Jericho not complete them, Do or Die Multiball you need to complete the modes but to complete some modes just means to grind and play it multiple times rather then achieve a super jackpot or actual progression-win condition.

I have to disagree on this one. I call DTR a half mini mode. Definitely not an ending wizard mode. Wizard mode is the ending of the game.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn't put too much weight on that one - TONS of previously run sterns were in that stack. The caption on the picture listed Family Guy, spiderman, and LOTR too - but if you look at the tags hanging out of the stacks, I'm guessing there were a LOT more not listed. It's not like they cranked out 500 Iron Man blanks and that's what the pile was. It's just overruns from old jobs that they didn't dispose of.

Or seconds.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Iron Man is a painfully simple game. I fail to see why people like it.

Because sometimes less is more.

And sometimes more is less.

Yes, yes you do.

3 weeks later
#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Why does Stern care about selling another 500 IM's, when they can easily sell 500 of the new title

Because they can. And they want to give the people what they want.

#238 9 years ago

Okay if Pinside is granting wishes, I wish Kat Dennings from 2 Broke Girls to show up in my house wearing a cocktail dress and 4 inch stiletto heels.

dennings.jpgdennings.jpg

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Looks like there are 62 Pinsiders who either bought the game in the 5-6K range or bought NIB and watched the value rise and want to protect their "investment"-- haha based on the "Hell No" votes. Seriously, I think there is huge demand for this title. I do believe that the hype train is part of the deal and that the game is not as good as promoted by many pinheads, but I don't dictate reality. The reality is that this is a very in demand game any way you slice it and Stern would have no problem selling these.
On another note, never ever pay more NIB price on a Stern that's less than 5-6 years old. History shows that despite what the naysayers say, any of those titles could be run again at any time (pending licensing). Stern has demonstrated this time and again.

I'd just like to congratulate myself on this bit of insight. Haha.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'd just like to congratulate myself on this bit of insight. Haha.

Insight?

You mean the part where you said that the game isn't that good?

#241 9 years ago

Oh, man. So much good stuff in here.

Quoted from genex:

Yeah someone asked Gary about this at the Mustang launch party in Colorado and he pretty much said it's not gonna happen. I'd love it to but am not holding my breath for it. Def want an IM though!!!
Can someone from Colorado who was there chime in if you are reading this?

Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Do I think demand would sell 500 units, yes. Distributors would definitely agree. Would be nice if JJ would chime in (think he is the largest distro on pinside volume wise). Price this the same as a pro like Metallica or Star Trek, home use sales would be an easy 200 at that price (more than just the 20 or so on here that you hear from), route sales would be close to the same. This is an attractive game to look at, quick ball times, with more movies on way with RDJ as IM, I think it keeps good route appeal.
100 for overseas.

Quoted from Pimp77:

The meat has rotted off this dead horse months ago, yet people keep beating on the skeleton...

Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah, my gut feeling is that Stern will re-run IM as a special edition version very soon. Let see, first we see a stack of IM playfields during CGC tour, coupled with Stern changing their Facebook to a Marvel banner followed by dealer selling his personal game all to go along with lackluster sales of Mustang. It just makes too much sense. Out of all of their games that are out of production IM has by far the most demand right now and also the lowest bill of materials to produce. Tron Premium would be the exception but Stern would shoot themselves in the foot by angering all the LE owners. IM never had an LE so there is no one that should be upset about running more. And as far as the licensing and making more Iron Mongers go, I don't really see either as a big hurdle.

Excellent work

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Insight?
You mean the part where you said that the game isn't that good?

Funny how you only recognize the negative. The bulk of the post is undeniable. (I was actually joking about congratulating myself, by the way.) But, it is a good slap in the face to the remake deniers. And we all know who they are. As it turns out, I really don't think that the IM remake will be good for Stern long term. But it will be good in the short term as people gobble them up. Long-term, collectors will move out of NIB and into W/B that will never be remade- as in those that Planetary will not be able to sell for 8K.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is starting to add up isn't it?
The Marvel banner on Stern's Facebook page yesterday combined with those recent pics of Iron Man playfields stacked up really makes it appear that this is what will happen.
What will really be interesting is to see what kind of version they release? My guess is it would be like a Premium version, and will cost more than $6k.

Well I was wrong on the price point.

Sorry Pimp77 that you gave me a thumbs down on this post, but I was closer to being right than you.

#244 9 years ago

Could Stern sell 500 more IM's ,, Hell Yea , but the count I hear is 400 .. Sell out by the weekend

Distributor's will eat them up and Pass them On

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

collectors will move out of NIB and into W/B that will never be remade-

They aren't gettin' my Judge Dredd.

#246 9 years ago

Don't break your hand patting yourself on the back so hard !

#247 9 years ago

shouldn't I get a finders fee or something since I obviously gave Stern the idea (see my poll)? also I pointed out the dealers selling their own personal IM pins was a super good indication also watch out for said dealers because I think it was a dirty trick by them.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

shouldn't I get a finders fee or something since I obviously gave Stern the idea (see my poll)? also I pointed out the dealers selling their own personal IM pins was a super good indication also watch out for said dealers because I think it was a dirty trick by them.

I don't think that the dealers actually knew about this until today.One dealer sold his IM.Who else are you referring to ?
Hindsight is always 20/20 !

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Could Stern sell 500 more IM's ,, Hell Yea , but the count I hear is 400 .. Sell out by the weekend
Distributor's will eat them up and Pass them On

Agreed, and at what price when a few are left to sell NIB ?

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They aren't gettin' my Judge Dredd.

Take Dirty Harry ,, Awesome Pin !! I'm gonna list my Shop'd & Blinged DH 2-morrow ..
Sacrifice it 4 IM

PM if interested

Demo Man headed to CO 004.JPGDemo Man headed to CO 004.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-stern-sell-another-500-im-pins/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.