Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sethi_i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iron_nails-1 (resized).jpg
    FargoJustSayin (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

What in the hell am I even looking at? It appears it costs 3500 for a bill of sale to a game you didn't buy?

But...
    But....
    But.....

Why???

ebay.com link: 0

#2 5 years ago

What are these things? Ive seen them blowing up all over Ebay for insane prices. This one is by far the best though, unfortunately some sucker will buy it not reading the fine print.

#3 5 years ago

The original invoice paper is immaculate and has been digitized fewer than 600 times!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Schamattack:

What are these things? Ive seen them blowing up all over Ebay for insane prices. This one is by far the best.

All you are getting is a digital image of it. Read carefully.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

I dont know which human quality such a thing exemplifies more, greed or stupidity.

#7 5 years ago

Supreme is a brand known for releasing very limited quantities of items that get sold out immediately and then resold to collectors on the secondary market. Stern partnered with Supreme to sell 200 re-skinned Spiderman Home editions and they sold out nearly instantly.

This is someone trying to take advantage of people not reading the fine print. It's the same as when a new video game console comes out and people try to sell the box to a fool.

There's a few threads around here about Supreme. I don't get it at all, but it's been entertaining to follow.

#8 5 years ago

Head over here and join the fun

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine

By the way, I myself am offering a digital image of the digital image, only $500!! Paypal me directly if you want it!!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:By the way, I myself am offering a digital image of the digital image, only $500!! Paypal me directly if you want it!!

A digital image of a digital image? All the cool kids know that the real collector's item is a Polaroid of the digital copy, which you then show to an artist who uses it to sketch a copy, which you then scan into your computer.

#10 5 years ago

If a digital image of a digital image is not concrete enough, you can always buy a Supreme brick for $2,000
    ebay.com link: Supreme red clay Brick FW16 BOX LOGO STICKER fall winter 2016 debossed logo

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

If a digital image of a digital image is not concrete enough, you can always buy a Supreme brick for $2,000
    ebay.com link » Supreme Red Clay Brick Fw16 Box Logo Sticker Fall Winter 2016 Debossed Logo

Well you can put in an offer for 1 cent and pay $49.99 for shipping also.

#12 5 years ago

I think a similar case went in front of Judge Judy and she called out the scammer and found in favor of the plaintiff

Yep, here it is:

#13 5 years ago

What are you talking about? This guy is offering a bargain! There's another on Ebay for $15K, and he's not being as up front about it. Describes it as "100% Authentic / Extremely Limited / Supreme x Stern Pinball Machine / 100% Guaranteed" and then throws in the last line of "this is just a picture. you are buying a picture."

Simple answer....people are stupid!

#14 5 years ago

I reported both of them to eBay, I wonder how eBay will respond. It's fraud and I wouldn't think eBay would want that on their site.

#15 5 years ago

I don't do a whole big amount of work on Ebay, but I do buy and sell there and I have looked at a variety of stuff. Now granted there are probably 8 zillion things for sale on Ebay and I am only looking at a small amount in areas I am interested in, but I generally never see such nonsense listings as "pictures of a thing" for sale, or, "a picture of a receipt for a thing". I mean, most people with half a brain and a modicum of common sense would just laugh at something that ridiculous. But, these types of offers seem to be numerous for the category of "Extreme Pinball Machine".

I can't help but think that the scammers have a general idea of the audience who would want to get their hands on the Extreme Pinball Machines ("hype beast" types???) and figure they have a pretty good shot at getting a hit. It may say something about this target audience...

FargoJustSayin (resized).jpgFargoJustSayin (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

I'm not sure about that. Both ads state (somewhere in the ad) that the person is buying a picture. One does it more emphatically than the other, but if you read the ad I don't think anyone could claim they were defrauded.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

It may say something about this target audience...

THIS^^^^

#17 5 years ago

That is crazy!! And I'm with a post above....It's not Fraud. The description explains what it is. Maybe not a good thing to do if you want a good reputation but isn't really misleading if the description is read.

If any one buys this? It's their fault. Or...Maybe they want a copy of whatever...

#18 5 years ago

Damn first the IRS scams threatening to send the cops now pinball scams. I'm checking out the world is definitely going to hell. OGR

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Damn first the IRS scams threatening to send the cops

Oh crap, you mean I've been hiding in my friend's barn for 3 weeks avoiding the cops and firesold all my belongings so the IRS couldn't have them?!

Son of a.....

#20 5 years ago

What ever happened to the ole Brady bunch days of caveat emptor.
    We are a society of idiots rewarding more idiocracy.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm not sure about that. Both ads state (somewhere in the ad) that the person is buying a picture. One does it more emphatically than the other, but if you read the ad I don't think anyone could claim they were defrauded.

THIS^^^^

In the eyes of “law” you are probably right.......

In the eyes of human decency and morals.....it’s fraud

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

The original invoice paper is immaculate and has been digitized fewer than 600 times!

I believe you mean "imamaculate"

#23 5 years ago

its fun reporting people on ebay for this crap.

#24 5 years ago

digital image? This is so weird. is it their intention to scam or trick? or are they really trying to sell some pictures?

100% Authentic.
    Extremely Limited
    Supreme x Stern Pinball Machine
    100% Guaranteed
    this is just a picture. you are buying a picture.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

digital image? This is so weird. is it their intention to scam or trick? or are they really trying to sell some pictures?
    100% Authentic.
    Extremely Limited
    Supreme x Stern Pinball Machine
    100% Guaranteed
    this is just a picture. you are buying a picture.

It’s a SCAM, they are hopeful the person won’t read the fine print.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

More
    It’s a SCAM, they are hopeful the person won’t read the fine print.

If that's the case then that's pretty messed up.

looks like some little kid for the ebay avatar.... or that's just what they want you to think.

#27 5 years ago

Universal clothes hanger
    Only $9.95!!

iron_nails-1 (resized).jpgiron_nails-1 (resized).jpg
    #28 5 years ago

$1 says you get kicked off ebay, not them....................

Quoted from EricHadley:

I reported both of them to eBay, I wonder how eBay will respond. It's fraud and I wouldn't think eBay would want that on their site.

#29 5 years ago

Legal scammer...
    It would be tempting to set up an anonymous ebay burner account -- buy the part and never pay for it. Would be interesting to see the emails from the buyer trying to collect on it.

#30 5 years ago

He has a Make Offer on his item and I just send him an offer for .99 cents. Now if everyone starts doing this maybe then he will get hundreds of emails for .99 cents. I'm not sure how much time he will be wasting responding to emails but it would be cool fill-up his mail box with low offers.

#31 5 years ago

OK -- Looking at the seller and addresses. I know this person and this isn't the sort of thing he would do. I'll bet it is a hacked ebay account.

Edit --> not the person I know. Just similar name.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

He has a Make Offer on his item and I just send him an offer for .99 cents. Now if everyone starts doing this maybe then he will get hundreds of emails for .99 cents. I'm not sure how much time he will be wasting responding to emails but it would be cool fill-up his mail box with low offers.

He won't get any of them...you can "auto reject" offers on eBay at whatever threshold you set.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Universal clothes hanger
    Only $9.95!!

Paint it white and stencil "Supreme" on the side. It's now worth $995.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-somebody-please-explain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.