(Topic ID: 39871)

could some pinhead please sell me an inexpensive pinball machine?

By tankpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-4.jpeg
    troll.jpg
    image006.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Hey guys. I would really love to buy a pinball machine but my mom says they are too expensive (I agree!). Could some pinhead please sell me an inexpensive pinball machine that costs around $1000? I would prefer...
    -a medieval madness
    -a family guy
    -a spiderman
    -a simpson's pinball party
    or a roller coaster tycoon

#2 11 years ago

Not gonna happen pal. All those machines are $2000 and up. Stick to Craigslist and get a solidstate 80's or 90's machine to start with. Dont be in a hurry to roll with the big dogs!

#3 11 years ago

this has got to be a joke

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

You can occasionally track down a Roller Coaster Tycoon for under 2K. If you find a Simpson's Pinball Party or a Medieval Madness for $1000, please let there be duplicates!

Lower your standards. I would look at mid/late 80s solid state games for that price range. There are plenty of awesome games from that time period.

#6 11 years ago

Your Mom sounds a lot like my wife.

#7 11 years ago

My girlfriend says pinballs cost too much. If I can afford all these games why doesn't she have a nice ring yet? Can sumbuddy sell me a HUGE engagement ring for like $100 please (I'll pay up to $2k for a MM)

#8 11 years ago
    #9 11 years ago

Maybe give the digital versions a shot until you can afford the real deal. Fortunately, along with the resurgence in real pinball, digital pinball has seen some great growth as well. There are plenty of tables available on a variety of platforms. xbox, ps3, IOS, android. Lots of options!

It stinks, but it's a tough hobby to get into without a few thousand dollars.

#10 11 years ago

Why not all five for $1000?

#11 11 years ago

I want cheap pins too, I have 1200 though...so me first..and collector quality only plz...no junk

#12 11 years ago

Take it easy on him guys. I think it's a legit post. The poster just happens to be very young and likely doesn't yet understand the economics of pinball. Try not to be to harsh with him and maybe give him some useful advice.

Not EVERYONE is a troll.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

He is a 14 year old kid who lives with his mom, I don't think he really know any better right now.

Tank- Take a look here- http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_112112.htm and look at the YTD column.... That is pretty close to what the market is on machines right now.

Congrats on having 1k to spend as a 14 year old, I think I had about 20 bucks on a good day...LOL

#14 11 years ago

*** Inappropriate comment removed ***

Otherwise, good luck.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Could some pinhead please sell me an inexpensive pinball machine that costs around $1000?

You should probably start with your location.... Although the answer is still no

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

*** Inappropriate comment removed ***
    Otherwise, good luck.

Seriously? He is a 14 year old kid....

#18 11 years ago

Judge Dredd is a $14..................................

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Seriously? He is a 14 year old kid....

What? I didn't ask HIM for one.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What? I didn't ask HIM for one

LOL... Fair enough...

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Hey guys. I would really love to buy a pinball machine but my mom says they are too expensive (I agree!). Could some pinhead please sell me an inexpensive pinball machine that costs around $1000? I would prefer...-a Medieval Madness-a Family Guy-a spiderman-a simpson's pinball partyor a roller coaster tycoon

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that this isn't a joke post...

You have good taste in games! It's also pretty awesome that you have $1k to spend on a machine. Unfortunately those particular games will not be possible at that price. The closest on that list would be the RCT which you should be able to find for around $2k or maybe a little less if you get lucky. The rest are probably in the $4k - $10k (MM) range. I agree that is too expensive, but it is what it is.

The good news is there are still a ton of really cool games in the $1k range that would be a great way for you to get into the hobby. If you are willing to take a look at EMs, the world is your oyster. There are only a handful of EMs that sell for more than $1k, so you can almost take your pick. They may not be as flashy or complicated as the newer games, but there is some real fun to be had in them. Not to mention they are really impressive pieces of art and engineering. Give them a shot! Otherwise, you can probably get something as new as a System 11 game from the late '80s if you are patient and have a bit of luck. There are many great games in that range. You might even luck out and find a DMD game from Gottlieb, Sega, or Data East!

It would definitely help if you post your location. Check your local Craigslist and talk to some of your local pinheads. I am sure you can find something in your price range, but unfortunately it won't be anything from your list.

Best of luck!
    Chris

#22 11 years ago

Wow, harsh guys! Pin prices can be terribly confusing for the non-collector, I mean most arcade games from 1993 would never sell at $1000, while a pin from the same year would sell instantly at twice the price.

Tankpin, Take it slow. I'd love to get my hands on a LOTR or STTNG but I don't want to drop 3k-5k on a pin. My plan is to search out smoking deals on earlier non-dmd SS games until I have enough to sell/trade them all for a better and more modern pin. My current lineup (Air Aces, Mr & Mrs Pac Man, Firepower, Genesis) cost under $1,000 for everything including repair parts. Try keeping earlier like this and work/trade your way up to something better.

#23 11 years ago

Haha, I got edited, oh well.

#24 11 years ago

I wanted a pin my whole life and only managed to do it when I was 38, with a house and extra money to spend.

You may have to be satisfied with finding some pins on location around you, an expo if there is one around you, and playing on ipad.

#25 11 years ago

Hang in there little dude. Maybe get a part time job for the summer? I did that at your age to fund a 900$ Neo-Geo.

I feal bad for younger new people to the hobby. The prices are just nuts these days.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from CodyF:

My current lineup (Air Aces, Mr & Mrs Pac Man, Firepower, Genesis) cost under $1,000 for everything including repair parts.

Per machine? If that's TOTAL, that's *damn impressive*, and I've built my little empire on trading up... jesus...

#27 11 years ago

When I was 14 I was playing pinball for 25 cents. The whole buying a machine thing is new.

#28 11 years ago

Guys this is a LEGIT post. And the reason why I would like a game like those on the list is because I'm not a big fan of 70's-80's games. I like newer pins with multiball and dmds.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Haha, I got edited, oh well.

How about retyping that edited comment but use funny and appropriate words (like double meaning) so that we can see that post

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Guys this is a LEGIT post. And the reason why I would like a game like those on the list is because I'm not a big fan of 70's-80's games. I like newer pins with multiball and dmds.

So find a Stargate. 1500-ish, instead of 10,000$ like Medieval Madness...

They're out there...but it's gonna take a lot of patience. I just bought Doctor Who for 1k, but I had to drive 8 hours round trip to get it, do some board repairs myself, and probably going to put another 150 in parts to get it working 100%.

#31 11 years ago

Oh and I dont want to give out my exact location because I'm afraid bad people will be able to steal my information and hack into it.
    And a revenge from mars or star wars episode 1 would be good too.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

How about retyping that edited comment but use funny and appropriate words (like double meaning) so that we can see that post

Nah, it was a little edgy for this crowd, so I'll let it go.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

1k isn't going to get it done unfortunately, you have expensive taste....

The best you are going to do from your list is a RCT in the 1500-1700 range....And that may take a little time.

There are a ton of other titles that are DMD and multiball that around the 700-1200 range.... My suggestion would be to find some local collectors and try and play a bunch of titles to see what you like. LW3 is a great first pin and can be found routinely for under 1k.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Oh and I dont want to give out my exact location because I'm afraid bad people will be able to steal my information and hack into it.
    And a Revenge From Mars or Star Wars Episode 1 would be good too.

You already did... Oviedo Florida.... Don't be paranoid, it's okay, there is no hacking going on here.... I would suggest this- http://www.southernpinballfestival.com It is somewhat local for you and is coming up soon.

#35 11 years ago

I can tell you guys I do live in the central florida area but thats all because I don't want to disclose my address.

#36 11 years ago

This is really weird

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You already did... Oviedo Florida.... Don't be paranoid, it's okay, there is no hacking going on here.... I would suggest this- http://www.southernpinballfestival.com It is somewhat local for you and is coming up soon.

whoops anyways that already happened and I couldn't attend because I played football for the Central Florida Youth Football League while the show was running

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Per machine? If that's TOTAL, that's *damn impressive*, and I've built my little empire on trading up... jesus...

Yep, total. $500 for the MMPM and Air Aces, found the Genesis behind a dumpster, and the Firepower I traded a ~$200 6 year old laptop for. I have right around $300 in parts now for them all.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The technical tern is "troll."

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

The technical tern is "troll."

I'm not a troll. It's just I would really like to get a cheap pin.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

whoops anyways that already happened and I couldn't attend because I played football for the Central Florida Youth Football League while the show was running

Looks like a November Show? It will be back around again I am sure....

have you been on here at all- http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/

That is a local forum to you.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

So do the thousands of other people on this site.

Why should you get a 10,000 dollar MM for 1000? Who cares if your 14 or not. Nobody...

Your expectations are to high. You will be lucky to find ANY working DMD pin for 1000...either save more money, or lower your standards..

#43 11 years ago

Sorry tank, but you either need to adjust your expectations or your pocketbook.

You are VERY unlikely to find any of the games you have listed for under 1k. Go find some local pinball events (with your parents along for the ride), play some games, talk to some local pinheads, and hopefully you will find some guys willing to help you find a decent game for your budget.

Other than that, get back to school and stop screwing around on Pinside. It is noon on a Weekday, shouldn't you be in class rather than screwing around on here...

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Right, and the rest of us prefer to pay exorbitant amounts for ours?

Personally, I think you're a troll. But just in case you aren't, you need to realize that part of the fun is finding your own deal and not asking someone else to hand it to you on a silver platter. It's not going to happen. It would be one thing if you asked for *any* game at a good price because you want to get into the hobby, but asking for the most sought-after games of all time at a fraction of their value is pretty much insulting to everyone else here who works really hard to find and pay for good deals.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry tank, but you either need to adjust your expectations or your pocketbook.
    You are VERY unlikely to find any of the games you have listed for under 1k. Go find some local pinball events (with your parents along for the ride), play some games, talk to some local pinheads, and hopefully you will find some guys willing to help you find a decent game for your budget.
    Other than that, get back to school and stop screwing around on Pinside. It is noon on a Weekday, shouldn't you be in class rather than screwing around on here...

Actually I'm homeschooled using textbooks and computer and i'ts through Calvert Homeschool. Anyways, some older pins I would be interested in are gorgar, taxi, space shuttle, and black knight.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Word.... though it is like noon there... he might be at lunch on a cell phone, LOL.. oh the luxuries these twits have today.

#47 11 years ago

Well since you said please . . . . I suppose that deserves a 75% price reduction.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

Actually I'm homeschooled using textbooks and computer and i'ts through Calvert Homeschool. Anyways, some older pins I would be interested in are gorgar, taxi, Space Shuttle, and black knight.

And you should be able to find those with a little effort for less than 1k..... Hell if you were near me, I would have you come over and refurb a pin and then sell it to you cheap, if you had the passion and the right attitude.....

Without new blood in the hobby, there will be no hobby....

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

gorgar, taxi, Space Shuttle, and black knight.

See, there ya go. I swear there have been at least five Gorgars for sale in Dallas area under 1k in the last year, and most of them actually looked nice to boot!

I own a Space Shuttle. It's a great game that doesn't need a lot of maintenence, and even if you get ahold of one with a BEAT UP playfield for cheap, it doesn't care, it STILL plays great with a ton of wood wear.

#50 11 years ago

Since you are home schooled...

Tell you parents that you want to cover a lesson on supply/demand and how that impacts price.

Then tell them you want to learn how perception can further alter price in supply/demand economics.

Finally, research how teenage sense of entitlement has changed over the past few decades.

Please report back with your research and how it has impacted your 'wants'.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-some-pinhead-please-sell-me-an-inexpensive-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.