(Topic ID: 104928)

Could MMR be "one and done" for Chicago Gaming?

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rocket_.jpg
wonderland.jpg
spaceship.jpg
platform.jpg
Buford.jpg
bubble.gif
IMAG5215.jpg
repro.jpeg
Keep up.jpg
sensitive.jpg
fired.jpg
dick.jpg
Popcorn.gif
gsm.jpg
pog.jpeg
2014-10-03-20-30-28--1598937576.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

sold an electrical device before it was UL approved. Meaning that the completed unit may be unsafe and changes will have to be made.

Huh? That's not how it works (sometimes amazed at what is written here). You make a product, and then you put it into UL testing to get certified that it is safe - nobody has sold us anything ... you cannot put anything into UL and 'change it' afterwards, otherwise you have to rerun it thru UL ... why not bash all the companies who did not put their game thru UL as opposed to us who has (and Stern and JJP that I know of).

r

#147 9 years ago

UL is where you go when the game is 'done', and then there is a WHOLE bunch of evaluation and then lab testing (they short everything, pour liquids on it, cut things open, try to knock it over, etc). During the process they communicate with the vendor to get clarification, note any issues which need to be fixed (ex: putting additional insulation on a wire, or separating one wire a little farther from another, and I'm sure just about anything they think is a safety issue). If the changes can be made while the machine is in test, then that is the best way, and I do believe that if there is a 'major' issue then that needs to be fixed and then some portion of the testing has to resume once the correction is made.

rick

#157 9 years ago

yes, we are doing more titles, we will figure out the price point and quantity on the upcoming titles as we get closer ... but I'm sure we can adjust what we need to do make multiple titles work out fine.

#170 9 years ago

Guilty of PWD (pinsiding while drunk) ... isn't there a penalty for that Kim?

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Rick put a roofie in my ice tea

The things you can get from Kim once he has a little alcohol in his system ...

#280 9 years ago

It's funny, as at odd times I go thru the WMS IP disks that I have and have found several playfield designs which were on the drawing board which were never made for one reason or the other. In deference to the designer I will probably try to connect with them, but would be cool to share what 'could have been' ...

rick

#294 9 years ago

there won't be a clearance as we will not make many more (nor need to) than we have sold ... so I think this should keep resale prices higher vs lower ...

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Only if demand deems it so...my guess, likely not.

There is demand and we already have sales to resellers for standard ... again, you can pervert my point, which was we will sell what we have orders for. MMR's are just fine.

rick

#301 9 years ago

i don't care about re-sale prices (as i can't predict them) - i'm just saying that we are not going to be flooding a market beyond what people are buying - which generally reduces the opportunity for prices to drop drastically (i.e. the original comment about clearance which only happens when you make more than there is demand).

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Please forgive me as I have a lot of ignored users in this thread so I don't have the whole picture. I'm just curious what the rumor/speculation is on why PPS might consider doing PPS #2 without CGC?

PPS #2 and beyond will include CGC, they are our partner, have made significant hardware investment in a platform which will support #2 and beyond. There is no need to speculate as we have a multi-game agreement that we are planning to move forward on.

rick

#319 9 years ago

yes, manipulation is the rule on pinside - stuff if made up every day just to get reactions out of pinsiders ... and usually works ... lol

#333 9 years ago

fyi ... it may be that I have ignore turned on for less than a handful of people, which makes pinside a much better experience, so if I don't respond to you that's probably the reason

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-mmr-be-one-and-done-for-chicago-gaming?tu=pps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.