(Topic ID: 104928)

Could MMR be "one and done" for Chicago Gaming?

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rocket_.jpg
wonderland.jpg
spaceship.jpg
platform.jpg
Buford.jpg
bubble.gif
IMAG5215.jpg
repro.jpeg
Keep up.jpg
sensitive.jpg
fired.jpg
dick.jpg
Popcorn.gif
gsm.jpg
pog.jpeg
2014-10-03-20-30-28--1598937576.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You do know this isn't true, right?
"Flippers" are no more to blame for high prices than the actual buyers. If the price that Teekee or anyone else listed for a pin was too high, it wouldn't sell.
As far as not creating anything of value, people like Teekee offer a service in terms of finding very nice (often HUO or fully restored) pins that can be difficult to find. There are obviously people willing to pay for this service. That's the "value".
Just because you don't like it and you wouldn't pay for that service doesn't mean that many other people haven't, and will continue to do so.
So get over it already.

Post edited by misfitdart: Cancel this pist

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Look at it this way....
20 +year old $12000 classic car. Owned by collectors who over the years because of supply and demand have set the price. Fun to drive, will still get me where i want to go. Might need a little work now and then. Could not drive it every day to work.
But its the classic I always wanted.
New remake $8000 car. Fun to dive. Get me where I want to go. Can drive it every day. Has a warranty. And its new. Still might need some work in the future, but its covered by the manufacturer for the first year. Looks and drives like the classic I always wanted. Has a new modern engine, brakes, paint, electronics.
Now which would you buy?
Thats why they will continue to remake any/all of the most desired higher priced games.
Availibility, price and common sense.
An example online right now.
1968 ford gt40 $169000. 45 year old technology. Requiring constant maintaince to drive everyday.
2010 ford gt 40 $ 100000. Modern components, steering, brakes etc. Faster too.

They never made a 2010 gt40 and the 05-06 gt are over 200k but I get your point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-mmr-be-one-and-done-for-chicago-gaming?tu=misfitdart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.