(Topic ID: 104928)

Could MMR be "one and done" for Chicago Gaming?

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rocket_.jpg
wonderland.jpg
spaceship.jpg
platform.jpg
Buford.jpg
bubble.gif
IMAG5215.jpg
repro.jpeg
Keep up.jpg
sensitive.jpg
fired.jpg
dick.jpg
Popcorn.gif
gsm.jpg
pog.jpeg
2014-10-03-20-30-28--1598937576.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#235 9 years ago

I"m glad Rick came out and and stated that they will be making more games. I think that is good news for the hobby. It just means that now some games that cost way to much are being remade for also too much. I'm in on an MMr because I want a MM and I'd rather pay 8K for new technolodgy and a brand new playfield/mechanics than 8500-10K for a used original. I realise that it will likely be worth 6500 in a year but that's OK with me. In the grand scheme if pinball remains relevent 1500 more MM's will not hurt the long term value 15 years from now and I have no intention of getting rid of it. Buying NIB makes absolutely no sense if you are not going to keep the game for several years. Maybe buying NIB doesn't make sense at all but I wanted it and have no issues with the loss in value.

Long term I think the remakes are just going to mean that other games become the high dollar ones. CV, CFTBL, Congo, white water and many others that have pretty much no chance of being remade may end up increasing in value. Short term remakes lower the value of originals. Long term I just do not see how 1000 more of anything is going to make a huge difference. I'm just happy more people are getting to own some of these titles.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Rick -
You have skipped over my questions twice to answer others - Is it fair to assume you aren't interested in answering the questions posed above and ending the speculation in this thread? Since no one else here seems to know/understand the relationship, you seem to be the only reliable source.
If so, fine, and we can close the thread. If you don't want to answer because I am the one asking, I can understand that too. But either way, I'd like to know if it is worth keeping this thread open or if you have a reason for not providing clarification to those of us interested.

I would guess it is not in PPS's best interest to answer this. The first remake is not even produced yet so I doubt they want to lock themselves into working with anyone or reject the possiblity of working with Chicago Gaming in the future. Until the game is finished I'm sure neither side knows what will make the most sense going forward. Imagine if Rick said we will not be working with Chicago Gaming going forard? Mass panic and people freaking out would happen. MMr is going to be crap, the world is ending, etc.

I don't blame Rick for not answering anything asked. No matter what gets said it ends up twisted and used against him in some way or another. I'm interested in the answer to your question as well jfh not for any other reason other than just curiosity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-mmr-be-one-and-done-for-chicago-gaming?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.