(Topic ID: 138487)

Could KISS be as good as AC/DC with code?

By grifter

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01c83fcc0a7ac4f2b68afb4c48a98a04156aa3d3c0.jpg
10174743_8_500_206.gif

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Hey all,

I'm looking to switch my AC/DC premium out, and thinking KISS premium could be the go.

Do people think KISS could get as good or better than AC/DC with code, or is the shot layout just not there to make it a classic?

(I love both bands, and love the artwork on KISS. Just don't want to "downgrade" if it's a clear cut feeling that KISS is nowhere near as good a game.)

#2 8 years ago

I like KISS gameplay better now. We all have our own tastes. Codes got a long way to go though on KISS. I sure hope Mr. Ropp and team give this pin the attention it deserves. If the code doesn't come through to me it will be one of those pins that could of been great. A great layout can only carry a pin so far in a home environment. For greatness we need layout and ruleset to match it. I hope this will end up great.

#3 8 years ago

Nope

#4 8 years ago

Kiss all the way. Done sold acdc.

#7 8 years ago

Played Kiss extensively at Replay. Really fun game. But it ain't no ACDC and never will be.

#8 8 years ago

Nope

#9 8 years ago

Never buy a game that could be better with code updates. It doesn't work that way. Compare the two games as they sit. Buy the other if you think the code is better or the game is more fun. But don't do it hoping they make a massive improvement. It will save you a lot of frustration later.

#10 8 years ago

No way! Had Kiss pro for about a month and just cant get into the theme and music. AC/DC is certainly more of a game!

#11 8 years ago

I own a Luci and Kiss pro. I really like both for different reasons. Without say one is better than the other, you will really like kiss. It's fun and the music rocks. I used to hate Kiss music but now I'm listing to their CDs after buying the game. Sound is really clear. Better sound quality than acdc imo. Very happy with Kiss. Also I like how on Kiss the song keeps playing without starting over when you lose the ball like on acdc.

#13 8 years ago

No.

#14 8 years ago

AC/DC flows like H20 down a waterfall compared to kiss

#15 8 years ago

Sure it could be better with awesome code - fingers crossed!

#17 8 years ago

Lol not even close. It's a decent game but just no way

#18 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies so far.

Is KISS even considered one of Stern's top games? (I know it should just be about what I think about the game, but... yeah.)

I think I'm just not that great at pinball, as I find AC/DC so damn hard, and am confused as to what I'm meant to be doing. Still.

#19 8 years ago

As long as the code can be worked, there is always the possibility.
Look, there is KISS fans and AC/DC fans, those peoples minds are made up, period.

#20 8 years ago

KISS is better if for the only reason when you play AC/DC you have to listen to their music!!!

#21 8 years ago

I highly doubt it. Really dig both bands music but the flow and rules on ACDC just can't be beat.

#22 8 years ago

I have ACDC Luci and a KISS Pro. The games are VERY different in rules and how they play. ACDC has almost twice as many playable songs as KISS (12 vs 7) and the scoring/rules are way more varied for each song as well. ACDC lets you stack up to 3 multiballs which you cannot do in KISS. KISS actually shoots more like ST and that's no coincidence given that it's the same programmer. I do like how the music in KISS doesn't start over like it does in ACDC, but there's not much else that KISS might do better than ACDC right now. KISS is still a fun game, but the rules are extremely basic right now which doesn't lend itself to requiring much strategy.

Rob

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

KISS is better if for the only reason when you play AC/DC you have to listen to their music!!!

Im sure this has been discussed a million times in another thread. Why didnt they include Money Talks - one of their best songs?

#24 8 years ago

I have both premiums. I've really been digging KISS since I got it and it will only get better with code updates. It's really fun to shoot. But I don't think it will touch AC/DC. For me AC/DC's one of the best ever.

#25 8 years ago

I was thinking Stern was going to add more KISS tracks, like they did with Metallica?

Thought "I was made for loving you" would have been on the thing for sure.

#27 8 years ago

How good a game is is subjective to an individuals tastes, period. I know guys that like Avengers over Tron and swear that Big Buck Hunter is better than IM. One mans shitty game can be anothers grail. Play both yourself and decide which one fits you better IMO.

#28 8 years ago

I would love it if they finished AC/DC first but I don't think that's happening

#29 8 years ago

The real answer is nobody knows because the code isn't finished. I wondering what everybody was saying when acdc came out with unfinished code. Go with your gut. Good luck!

#30 8 years ago

I have AC/DC Premium and KISS LE.

Games are radically different. KISS gets the nod on looks, feel (smoothness) and sound. AC/DC is just so mature code and rules wise. It would take a massive update on KISS to equal it in terms of depth.

KISS LE is a gorgeous game and the Spike system, for me, pushes the games closer to the classic Bally/Williams feel which I prefer. AC/DC just feels tinnier but has an awesome set of rules.

I have not interest in GOT or TH. The JJP Lawlor game is probably my next target.

#31 8 years ago

Not a chance IMO

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

Do people think KISS could get as good or better than AC/DC

that is a pretty low bar IMO.

ACDC is a turd and not much fun to play. KISS is a fun shooter and OK code at this point.

ACDC is like chopping wood to play and the last game I pick in a lineup often. KISS is already the right amount of physical challenge and much better shot geometry.

Hopefully KISS code gets a big boost soon, but I personally think it is already as good if not better than ACDC.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have ACDC Luci and a KISS Pro. The games are VERY different in rules and how they play. ACDC has almost twice as many playable songs as KISS (12 vs 7) and the scoring/rules are way more varied for each song as well. ACDC lets you stack up to 3 multiballs which you cannot do in KISS. KISS actually shoots more like ST and that's no coincidence given that it's the same programmer. I do like how the music in KISS doesn't start over like it does in ACDC, but there's not much else that KISS might do better than ACDC right now. KISS is still a fun game, but the rules are extremely basic right now which doesn't lend itself to requiring much strategy.
Rob

I had thought 8 songs were selectable? Besides Love Gun and Calling Dr. Love, which song isn't selectable at the beginning?

#34 8 years ago

And KISS has ten songs if I am not mistaken

#35 8 years ago

KISS is a descent game but it is no where near ACDC for gameplay, better code will help but this machine has a long ways to go if you want to compare it to ACDC, ST and MET for that matter...

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ACDC is a turd and not much fun to play.

LMAO !

#37 8 years ago

While I enjoy AC/DC Premium/LE, I do not think it has the universal appeal like some other games (MM, AFM, LOTR). AC/DC is a pinball collector/player's dream because of how good the code is. However, to the casual player it can be pretty intimidating and tough to figure out...heck I've owned mine for two years and am still trying to get a good strategy down.

#38 8 years ago

Different strokes Jim. I think is is BLAH at best and will play every other new Stern over it when given the chance.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ACDC is a turd and not much fun to play.

Are you off your meds again?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I had thought 8 songs were selectable? Besides Love Gun and Calling Dr. Love, which song isn't selectable at the beginning?

Is Love It Loud selectable? I'm at work and cannot verify. For some reason I thought this one was not selectable either.

Rob

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is Love It Loud selectable? I'm at work and cannot verify. For some reason I thought this one was not selectable either.
Rob

Yes. Love Gun and Doctor Love are played during multiballs.

#42 8 years ago

Even with awesome code Kiss will not top AC/DC. The flow and shots on AC/DC are much more elaborate and varying. Whats with Starchild anyway?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Are you off your meds again?

LOL.

I have always disliked ACDC. Tried to like it many times. It is one of the few games I will happily walk away from in the middle of a game. I find it painful to play and extremely boring. UGLY, crappy design, reused cannon that blocks lane view, bad music, meh lighting, stolen minipf design from WWFRR (actually that one is improved with better play and layout) which is no fun to play at all. I can go on...

#44 8 years ago

I would sell my acdc premium before my kiss,but everybody has different taste

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.
I have always disliked ACDC. Tried to like it many times. It is one of the few games I will happily walk away from in the middle of a game. I find it painful to play and extremely boring. UGLY, crappy design, reused cannon that blocks lane view, bad music, meh lighting, stolen minipf design from WWFRR (actually that one is improved with better play and layout) which is no fun to play at all. I can go on...

10174743_8_500_206.gif10174743_8_500_206.gif

#46 8 years ago

I have both the BIBLE and KISSLE. I love them both. Why choose if you don't need to choose? Get them both and enjoy the features they each offer.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.

Translation.....

It's too hard and I don't understand the rules.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Translation.....

no, I can blow it up on a regular basis and know what I am doing on the game, just not a fun game to even do it on.

code is the only thing that keeps the game from being thrown off a building IMO.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Translation.....

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

However, to the casual player it can be pretty intimidating and tough to figure out...

I have new people whom never played pinball over my place.. Most say they like Ac/Dc the Most / They say it is easier and seems to flow nice/Guess they hit some shots / None the less I get a little eh thinking why not MET prem . they tell me they do not like the magnet throw back from sparky and the gRave drops and magnet ... Dayum,, That is what I love about it !!! Ac Dc Could use more of that !! But I get it when they tell me that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-kiss-be-as-good-as-acdc-with-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.