(Topic ID: 265186)

Could Hotwheels become a rare collectible?

By phil-lee

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by adol75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

When the dust settles, it might be only a handful of unaffected people looking to buy $6000 and up new pinball machines. A lot of people will be trying to pay all the bills that have piled up for some time.

If Hot Wheels is their thing, that is one they might be buying. Can't say we will be seeing the value of any of these go up for some time. Money just isn't going to be what it was and readily available like it was six months ago no matter how much they print.

#11 4 years ago

I heard some people thought they could retire on Beanie Babies. Never saw the allure of that investment.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The economy crash in the mid 2000's doomed collectibles.

I must have missed that one.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Seems like there are just so many better options in the pinball market right now and in the near future.

With all the factories shut down now until who knows when, that might be a more far off future. And whatever distributors have sitting in their warehouses right now, might be sitting there for some time too.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Being my closed getting extended, probably doomed my thinking/plans. At least right now.

Do you own the building your arcade is in or rent it?

Reason I ask is escrow just closed on the property my job is on and there is no way when this gets back to normal the new owner will keep rents down like my bosses father in law did for 40 years. The writing was on the wall before coronavirus shut us down.

As far as I know, they may mow the property down and turn it into a strip club.

I'm trying to adapt to this not going to work thing, and I think I am starting to adapt very well.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rent.
LTG : )

Ouch.

Well I hope your landlord is a reasonable person and I have to imagine your rent is a lot less than a similar sized building around here.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair thought but another thought as things start to open is my Guess there won’t be many new start up companies or expanding businesses knocking his door down to rent Lloyd’s place of 30 ish years.

True. As my work property closed escrow I thought what amazing timing my bosses father in law had after owning it for almost 50 years. There were other factors as Ernie is well into his 80s and doesn't get around so well anymore, and his wife and his trustworthy handyman both passed away recently.

But yeah, who's going to be looking to start up a new business and take on a big lease anytime soon? That is for the new property owner to think about and consider strongly before he jacks up anybody's rent.

I saw them do that with another center before the last crash, and the supermarket sat empty there for almost ten years. As did most of the properties there. That'll learn them!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

How is the pin doomed from the unfortunate timing?

Well, if they have not made many yet, it might be quite a while before and if any more do get made.

And even much longer before at least the average pinball buyer has the money or even the thought of buying another brand new machine.

Coronavirus called, and the world has answered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-hotwheels-become-a-rare-collectible?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.