(Topic ID: 168570)

Could Ghostbusters end up being Sterns WORST pin ever?

By CaptainNeo

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“could ghostbusters be the Worst Pin ever?”

• Street fighter 2 is a raging piece of crap 39 votes
    20%
  • Xfiles is the worst game to grace the orange dot 11 votes
    6%
  • both sf2 and xfiles should be used as a cat box 48 votes
    25%
  • lionman 95 votes
    49%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp7dtwHXfm1qe8a0fo1_250.gif
2397-Stiller-SimpleJack (resized).jpg
DSCN1606 (resized).JPG
T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbBiBRV30vm58Q_60_1_08a6d2d8-5961-4139-a94f-a79c0af3422a_large (resized).jpeg
a65f8399c7a9443db665086a8413557b152028ca9253fc094dd6962cd640710f (resized).jpg
worst ever (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
6903-spaceballs_61 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paragon66x.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm not going to take a risk putting any time in a $600 game that barely could get $800 restored. Except for the people who already own one, that still claim it's not a $600 game. Except they are not buyers because they are the 3 people that actually can stand it enough to keep one.

I have $800 cash in hand for a properly shopped SF2 if anyone has one near Iowa. Bought and sold 4 of them over the years and always regret selling it.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Being able to play and understand it, has something to do with it sometimes. But multiballs cannot save a game from horrible layout, boring layout, boring toy, horrible art package and sleeper call outs. ID4 has multiballs up the ass too, but suffers from the same crap Xfiles does. It's also a horrible game. I love playing it in tournament and league because I can blow it up, but it's a shitty game as well.
As for waterworld. It's true. these guys say this shit is worth so much, yet when you are selling, they avoid those threads like the plague, because they like to talk a big game, and don't buy shit. Lets see those wallets come out for $1000, when the waterworlds, freddy's, SF2, Tee'd off, rescue 911's all come out of the wood work. Fully working players conditions. I think all you will see is crickets.

Within a reasonable driving distance of Cedar Rapids Iowa, I have $1000 cash in hand for a nice, decently shopped Waterworld with no playfield wear between the flippers, DMD fully working, plays correctly, good cabinet, and ship optos functioning correctly. Shoot me a private email and let's close the deal.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you will not find a system 3 that doesn't have playfield wear. Now your asking for a restored piece. Restored pieces get double or triple market value. That's not the games we are talking about here. We are talking about your average, pulled out of a home that hasn't been turned on in 10 years, routed typical players game. Working, but needs tweeking. Maybe some cabinet graining, some wear somewhere. saucer holes probably chewed up good. That's the $700-800 waterworlds we are talking about. Not some exceptional condition machine that manage to sneak through the past 2 decades with barely 500 plays on it.

Whatever Neo.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

About 4 years ago, Dennis Hopper's OWN personal HUO Waterworld sold via Christie's auction for $1,300, or about $7,000 less than the leather chair next to it. I can't vouch for the flipper wear but you gotta think it was pretty nice.
This is not a game anybody wants.

Yes, I remember that sale and the price. In your mind in might be a game nobody wants, but I in fact do.

And in response to Neo, I have sold 3 Waterworlds over the past 10 years and 2 of them had no playfield wear and were exceptional condition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paragon66x.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-ghostbusters-be-the-worst-pin-ever?tu=paragon66x and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.