(Topic ID: 168570)

Could Ghostbusters end up being Sterns WORST pin ever?

By CaptainNeo

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“could ghostbusters be the Worst Pin ever?”

• Street fighter 2 is a raging piece of crap 39 votes
    20%
  • Xfiles is the worst game to grace the orange dot 11 votes
    6%
  • both sf2 and xfiles should be used as a cat box 48 votes
    25%
  • lionman 95 votes
    49%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp7dtwHXfm1qe8a0fo1_250.gif
2397-Stiller-SimpleJack (resized).jpg
DSCN1606 (resized).JPG
T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbBiBRV30vm58Q_60_1_08a6d2d8-5961-4139-a94f-a79c0af3422a_large (resized).jpeg
a65f8399c7a9443db665086a8413557b152028ca9253fc094dd6962cd640710f (resized).jpg
worst ever (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
6903-spaceballs_61 (resized).jpg

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Could be. But it's not, that title belongs to Street fighter 2 and X-files.

#3 7 years ago

It'll end up with half ass code and ghosted inserts. I wouldn't waste my money. Sucks they wasted such a perfect theme on piss poor qc.

#4 7 years ago

X files is a great game just listen to the music in the game

#5 7 years ago

I'll agree w the SF2 comment but tough to agree w the rest

#6 7 years ago

It would be dificult for Ghostbusters to surpass Twilight zone as the worst dmd game ever made .

#7 7 years ago

My only complaint on Ghostbusters so far is that some of the animations are too long .

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My only complaint on Ghostbusters so far is that some of the animations are too long .

Can't you just hit the flipper buttons to skip the animations?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can't you just hit the flipper buttons to skip the animations?

Yep , I'd like to see shorter ones instead of skipping them though .

#10 7 years ago

Haha god no, it's fun and has great art and music, despite the code shortcomings and weird, sometimes overwhelming physical issues.

#11 7 years ago

Uh oh. Don't take lion man in vain.

#12 7 years ago

I like SF2...

#13 7 years ago

The music from x files makes me want to break something. That stupied file cabinet. I don't care to be Mulder or scully. Street fighter has super corny music that never seems to change or end. Upper playfield with some stupied spinning girl. Ready set fight, or something stupid. WTF?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Could be. But it's not, that title belongs to Street fighter 2 and X-files.

I've got two different people bugging me to sell my sf2. Its got its fans. So does shaq attack and that is one I just cannot stand.

I'd say LIS is a worse game.

#15 7 years ago

No, that would obviously be Stars by Stern

#16 7 years ago

It's far too early! We need to wait to see the software.

I do think it could achieve a spot in the worst 20 if everyone really does their worst.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's far too early! We need to wait to see the software.
I do think it could achieve a spot in the worst 20 if everyone really does their worst.

#18 7 years ago

Tee'd Off exists, which negates this thread entirely.

#19 7 years ago

I'm a pretty huge Street Fighter nerd, hell I'm wearing a Street Fighter hat while I type this. It makes me sad that the pin is so terrible.

#20 7 years ago

I'm having trouble deciding which is worse, so I picked both.

I remember the tournament prize at the '97 Fab Fantasies show in Vegas was the white wood for X-Files. All I could think was that I couldn't imagine the game being any worse but being proved wrong by seeing that handmade turd.

Now I'm sure it's worth bucks but then it was just junk.

#21 7 years ago

X Files has better flow shots than just about and other DE/Sega game. But that may be it's only redeeming feature. But I still own one. The wife won't let me sell it!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm a pretty huge Street Fighter nerd, hell I'm wearing a Street Fighter hat while I type this. It makes me sad that the pin is so terrible.

Same. Loved SF2 arcade. Played the shit out of it back in the early 90's. So disappointed with the pin. sooooo disappointed.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

X files is a great game just listen to the music in the game

so xfiles is only worth the money if you start a game, then go sit down and listen to it loop. That's totally worth a footprint in the collection.

#24 7 years ago

Worst Game I own...Just Sucks.

#25 7 years ago

I really wanted one of these, but the recent ghosting and other issues has steered me away from any new in box Stern as of recent.

#26 7 years ago

mine should be here this week. Let the sucking begin.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

mine should be here this week. Let the sucking begin.

Suck! Suck! Suck!

6903-spaceballs_61 (resized).jpg6903-spaceballs_61 (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Sunday, Football, and Ghostbusters! How horrible life is, having to suffer through a game!

Mr Levi, has shown great wisdom, and I recommend everyone either return their game, throw it away,
or sell it for half price. Why suffer with the "worst pin ever"! (...... .....)

It thats arbitrary, because the next pin, Batman, could be the worst ever!

But now that i think of it, theres this other game Stern did that was the worst....whats that called?

Planets? Asteroids? Oh, I remember now, Stars! Thats a pin that shares the spot with GB as the Worst Ever!

Oh, and dont pickup an airball protector, its not needed, and its so bad, that both the Premium and the Pro are identical
in play and Suck equally......

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Same. Loved SF2 arcade. Played the shit out of it back in the early 90's. So disappointed with the pin. sooooo disappointed.

I don't mind the SF2 layout ...
It's just that 90s Gottlieb flippers and particularly the software sucks ass. Bad.

Don't tell Hilton though. He likes them.

rd

#30 7 years ago

I agree, much rather have an Avengers.

#31 7 years ago

Its closer to being the worst ever than the best ever... that's for sure!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It'll end up with half ass code and ghosted inserts. I wouldn't waste my money. Sucks they wasted such a perfect theme on piss poor qc.

The code as it stands now is very good and already not half-assed. Dwight did a good job on the code on this one. Out of the gate the game feels very polished and came complete. Dwight doesn't deserve for it to be complained about. The QC are separate issues of course and there's no disputing playfield issues. But lets give credit where credit is due. We got a full game on release completed that feels very solid code wise.

#33 7 years ago

Yup crap especially the le and prem ............anyone wanna off load thiers cheap ile dispose of it for you

#34 7 years ago

Its possible that GB could be the BEST Stern machine ever, It might even end up being better than Stern Stars when its all said and done. Ghostbusters rocks and anyone who says it sucks needs their head examined.

#35 7 years ago

GB ranks in my top 5. It's funny to see people bashing a pin that they don't even own. GB has play field problems that will be fixed and is in need of a plastic to stop the ramp air balls. Overall it is a great pin to play!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

GB ranks in my top 5. It's funny to see people bashing a pin that they don't even own. GB has play field problems that will be fixed and is in need of a plastic to stop the ramp air balls. Overall it is a great pin to play!

What kind of floor do you have?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

GB ranks in my top 5.

But you only own five games... So technically GB could be the worst game you own.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ghostbusters rocks and anyone who says it sucks needs their head examined

Because you are right, and everyone else is wrong. Ok, got it.

Quoted from RickAHG:

It's funny to see people bashing a pin that they don't even own

Rick, you don't need to own the pin to rate it.

I've played it enough to know I DON'T want to buy one. In fact, I lost the final of a pinball comp on Saturday night due to the stupidity of the machine. And it was the best set up GB I have played. Still got into "no mode hell". It was a w e s o m e.

rd

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don't mind the SF2 layout ...
It's just that 90s Gottlieb flippers and particularly the software sucks ass. Bad.
Don't tell Hilton though. He likes them.
rd

unfortunately that's what most system 3 gottliebs suffer from. Software. Waterworld had a great layout, rescue 911 had some fun features. Software usually ruins it. But then you have a game like Stargate, which the rules and layout are above and beyond most games made. I don't know how that game turned out to be so brilliant and most of the other stuff fails badly.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its possible that GB could be the BEST Stern machine ever, It might even end up being better than Stern Stars when its all said and done. Ghostbusters rocks and anyone who says it sucks needs their head examined.

just for the record, I never stated it's good or bad. Just an opinion thread to counterbalance the best ever thread. now we evened pinside out, so it's not lopsided.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unfortunately that's what most system 3 gottliebs suffer from. Software. Waterworld had a great layout, rescue 911 had some fun features. Software usually ruins it. But then you have a game like Stargate, which the rules and layout are above and beyond most games made. I don't know how that game turned out to be so brilliant and most of the other stuff fails badly.

Stargate is the best of them, for sure. But the ramps are so steep, most of the SGs you play can't get the ball up there. (Except Hiltons of course).

Stargate (and for that matter most of the 90 Gottliebs) would be soooooo much better with Williams flippers and software that was developed in longer than 3 weeks. Real shame .. But that's the way it is.

rd

#42 7 years ago

I restored my stargate, and all the ramps were nice to make, but I also beefed up the left flipper just a hair.

#43 7 years ago

GB is terrible. Every time I finish a game I force myself to play another just to make sure my eyes and ears aren't deceiving me. After about 20 games I walk away spitting nails. I usually repeat the same pattern the next night. Yep, sux.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I restored my stargate, and all the ramps were nice to make, but I also beefed up the left flipper just a hair.

Restore a SFII and sell it to me.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Restore a SFII and sell it to me.

I'm not going to take a risk putting any time in a $600 game that barely could get $800 restored. Except for the people who already own one, that still claim it's not a $600 game. Except they are not buyers because they are the 3 people that actually can stand it enough to keep one.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

GB is terrible. Every time I finish a game I force myself to play another just to make sure my eyes and ears aren't deceiving me. After about 20 games I walk away spitting nails. I usually repeat the same pattern the next night. Yep, sux.

Its not the fun gameplay that keeps you coming back, its the catchy music. It sticks in your head forever!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its not the fun gameplay that keeps you coming back, its the catchy music. It sticks in your head forever!

Its worse on a subwoofer, cranked past 50!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its worse on a subwoofer, cranked past 50!

Oh I bet....I cant even imagine lol. I bet your neighbors are like....WTF is going on over there? lol

#49 7 years ago

Only in the middle of the day when no ones home....Neighbors are far enough away!

But if they did hear the Ghostbusters tune, Im sure they would come over and say thats the WORST music ever!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Only in the middle of the day when no ones home....Neighbors are far enough away!
But if they did hear the Ghostbusters tune, Im sure they would come over and say thats the WORST music ever!

of course in comic book guy voice.

worst ever (resized).jpgworst ever (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-ghostbusters-be-the-worst-pin-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.