(Topic ID: 167943)

Could Ghostbusters end up being Sterns best pin ever?

By Who-Dey

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 574 posts
  • 175 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1587 (resized).JPG
DSCN1606 (resized).JPG
th (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
Cr4-52pUAAAW20S (resized).jpg
Too funny (resized).jpg
Ok the lisp jokes are gettig old fast (resized).jpg
Thuck ath code athholes (resized).jpg
Lovebirds (resized).jpg
Greatest meme ever (resized).jpeg
Lets give this train wreck some fatalities (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
thee what Im thayin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago

There is no right or wrong answer.

TWDLE and GBLE are my two favorite pins of all time! GB will be another masterpiece if they finish off the code.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But admittedly a beat up Stern Stars might not look as impressive in a finished suburban basement as a brand new GBLE. It's about 20X more fun to play though.

You and RD both need to put the crack pipe down. I don't know WTF you guys are thinking. Just because you/we can pick up some POS beaters and have fun all day long doesn't mean it even compares to a GB.

I can have fun rolling steel pinballs down the hill outside of my house trying to hit shit plinko style, with an iced down case of beer, that doesn't make it "pinball better".

Stars?

GB kicks ass Who Dey Op, who dat?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

RD is right...there are literally hundreds of games that are better pinball games. I own 15 right now and each one of my games is better.

The only one in that group that I'd agree with is NBAFB. But it ain't even close to GBLE all things considered.

Whatever floats your boat.

#83 7 years ago

Some people like old ladies with dentures and no teeth. Gummies.

Some of my favorite times were with my old Intellivision game back in the early 80's. Baseball was awesome!

Coughlins' law "bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint". What movie?

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A bottle of Jack, two dozen Modelos, and a pin with 30 second ball times = PARTY TIME!!!
rd

As long as i don't end up crashing through the screen door! Sounds awesome.

Old school with buddies is a great thing.

I guess you can throw beer cans and bottles and not worry about breaking shit up right?

Odiner might care, disappointed that nimblenuts ain't around much.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

See, with the $7000 left over from buying a mint Stars instead of GBLE, you can repair the screen door 100s of times!!

I f ing love it RD!!

#91 7 years ago

I can love Carlene Carter so don't judge me.

Roadshow is top notch.

Re theme it, put Taylor Swift in there and you could sell that one for $15k easy. Just saying.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like Odin's collection should be seen as a pilgrimage. Come on out Ice, we'll get shit faced and talk about old bullshit that just seems funny now. Also, I just want to say, who was right about Jplop after all that shit you gave me? Come drink with us and tell me how I was right!

Now that is what I'm talking about!. Jpop was a bad chapter in my life. I'll drink, laugh, and have a lot of fun with you Cali M f'ers.

At the end of the day, Pinball is about having fun with friends, and running through and tearing up Odin's screen door!

I will make the trek out there in the near future.

The Odin Mecca, a bucket list kind of thing.

#144 7 years ago

Put 300 or 400 plays on a premium or LE and then see what you think.

I heard the same garbage with TWD and it is one of Sterns best ever

You Stars lovers need to get on the ratings board and move it up from 220

#146 7 years ago

I have zero lane hops.

The sdtm drains from the left side of the pops is a bit aggravating, but you learn to nudge it and minimize those.

Sit down for a few hours on it and explore. It's great fun and addictive.

If Dwight fixes the scoring imbalance and beefs up the code like Lyman did with TWD it will be right up there if not better than TWD and Acdc for me

#163 7 years ago

You f Ing crazy Levi

Now go play some NBAFB and dream about GB

Can't judge any pin set up like crap on location

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really wish I would have thought this topic out a little more. If I did, I would have said "Do you think Ghostbusters could possibly be a top 10 Pin of all time?"

Better question for sure.

The potential for greatness is there.

It's already a blast to play and that's all that matters.

The "pinball elites" will never like anything newer than 1980 Sucks for them.

#214 7 years ago

You guys are cracking me up!

I agree, pins set up poorly on location don't make for a good experience

I guess if I lived up north I could use my GBLE for firewood this winter

You guys can knock yourselves out having fun hammering GB, while you are doing that I'll be having a blast playing my LE!

After beating LMS again yesterday on TWD, GB provides a great challenge to work through

Some funny reviews but you aren't playing the same pin I'm playing. Just saying

#219 7 years ago

The skill shot is great. Hard plunge to left flipper and shot on fly to ecto to start mode

Saucer ejects never go sdtm because the coil power is set properly.

Who got the dog. Start with skill shot. Dead flipper bounce from lock to right flipper. Easy ramp shot. Then left loop on return. 4 shots and onto next mode/ladder.

Learn how to play it top 100 guys Quit whining

What else would you like to know?

#220 7 years ago

Jar, the premiums will have to get out there in mass, like TWD, before people start to figure out what guys like you, me and Art already know!

Having to tweak a pin out of the box, imagine that.

People will say the next code update "saved this pin". No, it's already really really good, despite needing some work

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

When top players are complaining, I know its a great pin

Isn't that the truth, if it's not cookie cutter left ramp, right ramp, spinner, they don't know what to do with it

Kind of like movie critics, if they like it you know it sucks!

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The location excuse is ridiculous.
Our ghostbuster pro is set up FINE. It's level. Tilt is fair. Slimer actually works. And we have access to keys to fix or adjust issues.
Game still sucks bro.
The "top 100 player" burn is also stupid. Just because we don't like it doesn't meant we suck at it. You can dislike a game while sill figuring out a way to muddle through it - sometimes that's what tournament play is all about.
Or I guess I just made this myself?

But enough about ghostbusters...I thought we were discussing Stars?

Sorry bro. Stars sucks and you don't know what you are talking about.

Location pinball makes a big difference, it's not an excuse. Some good, many are terrible

And the pro sucks and is a totally different game

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Unfortunately, the rest of us are tasked with putting in a dollar to press the start button on a game that is probably not tuned in, and is therefore borderline unplayable.

I've played a couple of TWD pins on location that were borderline unplayable. That pin really has to be tuned in just right

Same goes for GB

#237 7 years ago

Carry on. I'm going back to enjoying a great pin.

Hard to discuss with people that can't figure out the difference with a pro and premium.

Ck back in a couple of months when people are raving about their premiums

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a big jump down to "sucks", what's so bad about the Pro that is totally changed on the Prem?

I only said that because Levi has one on location and most of the people here are trying to compare it to the premium/le. A dumb statement on my part, kind of like the paparazzi coming out of the woodworks to knock GB with all of the ridiculous hyperbole. "It's a shit game that doesn't belong in the top 200"

There's a long laundry list in the "Real GB thread" of differences. It doesn't really "suck" some differences include ecto goggles, slimer mech, magna slings, lighting and the right ramp makes the pin play totally different. The pro is fun too, just giving Levi crap.

The premium/le is an excellent pin right now, a blast to play, that could end up being great if Dwight comes through.

It's a great theme, unique and fun layout, and Stern's best art package, sound and lighting so far.

Premium's are coming out soon and hopefully a code update.

#252 7 years ago

I've never played Stars before, if you guys say its fantastic I'll take your word for it, especially if NP vouches for it

Play what you like

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes! It is always the shiny new toy that gets peoples attention and the need to justify the cash spent on the shiny new toy. Have off the posts here are people trying to rationalise spending thousands on toys.

The other 1/2 are just haters that have nothing better to do than rain down a shit storm on somebody else's excitement.

We know what we have, and "Haters are gonna hate".

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If that is the definition a shitstorm, I welcome it.

You aren't suggesting any pin will ever crack 20k again are you? 10k?. How much was the TAF out the door?

Ghostbusters will eventually be one of Stern's top sellers, to be followed by Star Wars of course. Young and old love this theme.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Need at least a 5 year run, to see if it holds up over time to even have a chance to compete with the tried and true games.

I agree with that Neo. I think it will hold up great over time. It's kick ass fun.

No such thing as "the best ever", unless you are talking about Michael Jordan

TWDLE and GBLE are never leaving for me. Everything else is subject to ejection (except NBAFB)

If sales are any indication, GB will go down as one of Stern's top sellers imo, especially as these premiums start to hit the streets and people figure it out.

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not bad at it. I got a billion on a pro yesterday.
I've played 100s of games of ghostbusters. I'm practically an expert

Why keep playing it if you don't like it? Thats "crazy".

The premium/LE is a blast to play. Best lighting, sound and art of any Stern. Code will get there, good right now.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

GOT is so far superior to GB, it isn't even in the same sphere.

Not even close. GOT layout is awful, one of Ritchie's worst imho. Forget the artwork.

But it's your money, to each his own!

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

RD has XMen LE listed as a 9.9 it is his highest rated pin.

RD, No wonder.

Polar opposite tastes. I dislike that pin as well. Borg's worst effort by far imho. That was my biggest fear when TWD was coming out. Did Borg "Wolvie the Wellwalker"?

Answer no, he made it great and fixed his prior mistake.

#430 7 years ago

After about 500 plays on it so far, would have been more but in Vegas over the weekend, GB is def becoming a favorite pin of mine and will end up being one of "Stern's best" when Dwight finishes/polishes the code. And no, just like TWDLE, I have loved it from day one and has ZERO to do with the so called "honeymoon phase". I think i can figure out what i like and don't like.

For those of you waiting for a premium or an LE like Concrete you won't be disappointed. On the plus side, you guys should have had all the play field issues ironed out. My PF has not experienced some of the stuff others have. I'm extremely happy!

What's great about it?

It's the most "fun" I've had playing a pinball machine. Light show, sound and art are second to none and mix in an iconic theme and its just an awesome time.

As for the "code", anybody that has played a few games on it and hasn't been able to progress through the "ladders", don't get discouraged, its what makes you want to keep pushing play. There are multiple ways to play this pin and all of them are a blast.

Tobin saucer is very cool, plenty of bugs in that drop down menu though. That part of the game needs to be better integrated overall.

Negative reinforcement is a lot of fun. Didn't think I'd like it at first but I love trying to remember patterns and beat my high score on it.

Slimer is a great bash toy and very well integrated. I had LotrLE and Balrog and this is MUCH better.

Ecto Goggles, very cool and unique, easy shot which makes up for the flipper gap which is mostly a non issue.

The Subway ramp and lock is one of the coolest and most fun shots for me on any pin that I have ever played.

And the Magna slings, WOW, get them set up right, switch sensitivity and it's beyond COOL and FUN.

The hard plunge skill shot is my favorite of any pin.

The captive Newton balls need code work along with PKE frenzy and the target bank.

If you like different and unique, you guys that have one coming will absolutely love this pin!

Back from Vegas, I'm getting back into GB mode!

#451 7 years ago

TWDLE and GBLE best Stern pins ever. Yep.

If you don't agree then "you have no dick", spook central

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

From what I've seen so far, it's just way too tough a game to be a top title, loved by the masses.

Very good point.

Quoted from rotordave:

Yes and no. For me the thrill comes not in getting a pin, it is learning it and (hopefully) beating it. Learning to play TWD and beating HORDE and TERMINUS is up there with the greatest buzz I've had in pinball.
Getting through Iron Throne on GOTpro was almost as cool. But TWD was better cause my machine is nasty as all hell.

Dang RD, we agree on this one.

You know i love my TWDLE as my favorite pin for those same reasons, like you. GBLE is right up there and more overall "fun".

The code/layout/lighting/art is really a lot of fun to play now, but Dwight needs to bring the code to another level to make it a great one, like it could be, scoring is just too unbalanced and so many features aren't fleshed out and/or integrated with the game yet.

It will be a very disappointing outcome for me if they don't make this a rules masterpiece like the others. They will though, GB will be the biggest seller Stern has seen in a long time!

#502 7 years ago

Played a few hours of GBLE last night, drank a lot of beers, had a blast!

I love playing the ladders, I figure the scoring imbalance will get fixed with upcoming code

1 year later
#567 5 years ago

GBLE is a FUN awesome pin.

Being different is a good thing imo

Needs to be dialed in but I agree that code improvement

Which is why I should only buy Lyman, JJP and now maybe Elwin and Bowen games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 103.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-ghostbusters-be-the-best-pin-ever?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.