• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giddy_(resized).jpg
testfinal_zps0bc71478_(resized).jpg
ghostbusters-2016-cast-proton-packs-images_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I think it'll be another ACDC/Metallica. I am not seeing this be TAF for Stern. TAF was just the perfect storm of nostalgia, reaching across multiple generations. The new movie had just re-invigorated everyone's interest, and it was peak pinball for B/W.
Stern's GB has to ride on the coat-tails of this atrocity:
ghostbusters-2016-cast-proton-packs-images_(resized).jpg
When it SHOULD.....be riding the wave of this awesomeness:
testfinal_zps0bc71478_(resized).jpg
TAF had Raul Julia, Anjelica Houston, and Christopher Lloyd as its support - you know - veteran talent and potential. GBs 2016 has the same ol' banal "har har, dat's funny right dar" humor that was as original as the gum underneath the table at your local university auditorium classroom.

Yeah but the GB pin has nothing to do with the new movie (thank goodness, lol), there's not even a reference to the new movie in the game. Everything about the game involves only the original films.

If TAF was the perfect storm of nostalgia, reaching across multiple generations like you said then I'll say Ghostbusters, the original, does the same thing. It's a perfect pinball theme and as John T. himself said one that every designer dreams to have.

Combine what we have saw so far. A great and unique layout offering a lot of shots, multiple interactive toys, proper license use, incredible hand drawn artwork, custom audio tracks, custom callouts by an actor from the films, and what appears to be a deep progression based ruleset. Yup, I can easily see GB pinball being Stern's Addams Family in terms of overall fun and how well its received.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There is no truth to this. Lonnie has his hands full with his own games and I am going no where.
- Dwight

The man himself has spoken

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not saying GB is not cool.
But what is so unique about the layout? Ramp under PF (ok) but other than that it's just a ramp.
I'd say Met also has as about many shots, toy (snake, Sparkey), hand drawn art, custom call outs (better dots).
I'm just saying yes GB looks great but so does Met so what's the difference? Plus the code on Met is probably going to be better. No video mode at least for a start.

The ramp does a lot more then just drop under the playfield which alone is slick. Not only does the ramp drop under the playfield from a steep shot but its also integrated with a physical 3 ball lock + VUK that acts as a scoop shot at the top level. That sounds incredible and its never been done before in a pinball machine.

Then theres the moving Slimer toy on the premium / LE, the magnetic slings, the Ecto Goggles toy, two scoop shoots, two captive ball mechs, etc. The game is going to be a classic

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think Star Wars has more of a chance to be Stern's TAF but I still don't think any Stern will break TAF's record. I still think the resurgence in pinball has a long way to go before it reaches the heights of the early 90s and it will never reach the heights of the late 70s.
Star Wars has a good chance of being their best seller though. They are releasing popular Star Wars movies right now and if it's a good game and releases around the same time as a movie, it could do really well.
If Stern ever had a game break TAF's record, you can rest assured that they would let everyone know.
GB is a big deal for collectors but little appeal to the mainstream.

GB has little appeal to the mainstream? That couldn't be further from the truth.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Anytime I've ever heard someone say "Who you gunna call?", I have never heard anyone respond with anything other than "Ghostbusters".

Yup!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/could-gb-be-sterns-addams-familyi?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.