Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sturner
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCARVL81H.jpg
    TFhome.jpg
    pinball_gumball_baseball_606-5243990.png
    20121217_142837.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Its pretty fun.. More fun than Avengers

20121217_142837.jpg20121217_142837.jpg

#2 11 years ago

$2499! $500 cheaper than amazon (but still $2000 too much).

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the update! They didn't have any at our local costco just two days ago but i reckon i will stop by the next time i'm in the 'hood.

#4 11 years ago

Might go tonight and play.

#5 11 years ago

Interesting. I wonder if BJ's is selling it...

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

More fun than Avengers

is that the truth or sarcasm?

#7 11 years ago

I'd consider it for $1000

#8 11 years ago

I bet it will actually sell decent at Costco and especially this time of year.

#9 11 years ago

So how does it feel (like a real pin or a cheaper toy)? It actually looks like it would be fun to play...but like 100% of others have said...not for the price

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

is that the truth or sarcasm?

Honestly had more fun on the pin over the avengers. The active backglass was cool and the sound effects were better. Audio quality is crappy on the one speaker though

#11 11 years ago

Well Stern will be doing a Avengers version soon.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So how does it feel (like a real pin or a cheaper toy)? It actually looks like it would be fun to play...but like 100% of others have said...not for the price

Real pin. It is fun

#13 11 years ago

What CostCo is this? I beleive you are from IL as well...

#14 11 years ago

Haven't seen any video of this in action other than Stern propaganda. With the weight reduction, how does the game react to nudging? The playfield looks interesting, but I'm not sure how a light machine like this would stack up.

Interested if the price dropped significantly.

#15 11 years ago

So if this plays better than Avengers , we could see Stern releasing an Avengers version of The Pin ? If that happens it seems likely Stern production would shift in this direction...again. Just frikkin wow. Makes me feel like StevenP is some sort of nostradamos .

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What CostCo is this? I beleive you are from IL as well...

Bloomingdale, IL

#17 11 years ago

What's the return policy on these?

#18 11 years ago

I hope they sell 10,000 units, so I can buy one cheap by next xmas.

#19 11 years ago

JPop said the build quality, fit and finish are first rate and that its a fun pin to play. That to me is endorsement enough. Good to hear he still knows a thing or two about pinball.

thanks for the report. I definitely hope the Costco or BJs in my town carries it.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

So if this plays better than Avengers , we could see Stern releasing an Avengers version of The Pin ? If that happens it seems likely Stern production would shift in this direction...again. Just frikkin wow. Makes me feel like StevenP is some sort of nostradamos .

Gary did a talk in Sydney, Aus a week ago which I sat in and he spoke briefly about "The Pin" Transformers and the board set used in it to be the new set for all the pin range. He then said the next "The Pin" will be a Avengers - suppose it will depend if the Transformers does well.

Interestingly he also said that this new board set can not run incandescent globes so once they phase them into Pro's they all will have leds unlike the current Avengers

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Well Stern will be doing a Avengers version soon.

I could see that happening if it goes well.

Stern can change from "the only pinball maker on Earth" to "Largest volume seller on Earth".

I too hope they sell a ton and I can pick one up for 1k next Chistmas. Its footprint is perfect for a spot in my gameroom.

#22 11 years ago

well they dropped 500 bucks.. which is better then 3K.. 2499 seems to be an more fair price..for an introduction of THE Pin

and i mean if the game is fun guys.. you cant really go wrong with it right? unless u buy pins for an living and buy them to make some money.. this machine is not been build for ops offcourse..

and it may be an collectors item afterall, if stern doesnt sell a lot of it

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What's the return policy on these?

normal 90 days

#24 11 years ago

Then they are going to get killed on returns. I guarantee it.

Also, I have been told from someone that played it in a non-commercial environment that The Pin is extremely loud because of the cabinet materials not insulating the sound well.

#25 11 years ago

It doesnt look like the pf glass slides out. So how do you access the playfield?

#26 11 years ago

Hope they have one in my local Costco.. will report back if its there.

Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Its pretty fun.. More fun than Avengers

LOL.. thats it, lower the bar and raise the price maybe we will get befuddled enough to buy the PIN!

#27 11 years ago

Holy crap it's even uglier in person.

#28 11 years ago

^^^^i can believe that. It's amazing how much sound gets deadened by having a Good, solid, "closed" environment. If the cab is cheap, sound is going to leak

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

It doesnt look like the pf glass slides out. So how do you access the playfield?

- The glass flips up

- also the trim is a special powder coated timber

- the SAM 2 set has 6 high powered super bright less so no fluro needed in the backbones so this can offer a basic light show

- playfield is made from a wood material so guessing not plywood but mdf

#30 11 years ago

I have nothing against the Pin. It does seem that pinball should have an entry level. I just think $2500 or $3000 for this 'Matel" like is very high. I would live this to be $999 ($1499) or whatever. I think I would like the smaller form factor and ease of setup.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Gary did a talk in Sydney, Aus a week ago which I sat in and he spoke briefly about "The Pin" Transformers and the board set used in it to be the new set for all the pin range.

I exposed this a few weeks ago as this is the new sam 2.0 board set Hdmi for LCD Likely Linux OS etc.

#32 11 years ago

What a cheap looking POS, I guess a guy should look at a playfield but wasnt it ~5 years ago that a pro was this much?

#33 11 years ago

I'll have to check it out at lunch, I'm about 5 blocks from the Oak Brook Costco. I need a 5 pound tub of margarine anyway.

#34 11 years ago

Fugly is an understatement.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the price after Christmas.

#35 11 years ago

But would you buy one of these over other machines in the same price range?

I'd take a nice 90's DMD any day over this as well as most of the better 80's pins.

#36 11 years ago

I honestly can't see this worth more than 6-7 hundred and even that is hard to swallow.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I exposed this a few weeks ago as this is the new sam 2.0 board set Hdmi for LCD Likely Linux OS etc.

no dramas, just adding what I heard from the horse's mouth so to speak

#38 11 years ago

Oh for sure. Wonder if he would have said anything though had i not posted a thread here about it.

#39 11 years ago

I have to agree on how the returns are going to kill them on this. But, if you know your local Costcos and their outsourcers well, you'll be able to buy a returned one pretty cheap! In my town, Costco gives their returned stuff to a couple places, one being an auction house, and things go for about half of what Costco sells them for normally. With the way this thing looks, I can't see it going over about $700 at auction...

#40 11 years ago

Wow! That looks more and more like a $599 machine every time I see it.

#41 11 years ago

I'd spend $2,500 on the Pin before $11k on a Tron LE.

#42 11 years ago

None in the Huntington Beach Costco yet. They did have Multicades for 2400 which is a bigger rip compared to used Neo Geos.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from DutchTommy:

and it may be an collectors item afterall, if stern doesnt sell a lot of it

A collectors' item like Vacation America?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

A collectors' item like Vacation America?

Haha! Vacation America, what a joke that was! If this plays better then the Avengers there is a serious problem. It wouldn't shock me if it did though because Stern's play like a toy compared to Williams/Bally.

#45 11 years ago

I feel bad for anyone who buys this. Some unknowing person will buy it not knowing the difference between this and a real pin or just what he could get in the used market for the same money.

Ugh. Shameful of stern. Just suckering noobs.

#46 11 years ago

the proportions are way out
    backbox vs cab

#47 11 years ago

That's the thing, Most people don't do there research. When I was looking for my first pin in 05 I came to this site. After careful research I bought TS for 1400. Hopefully others will discover this site.

#48 11 years ago

None in my neck of the woods either...

Boy, I must really have the Pin-Fever.
    Sorta kinda wanna own this one- just for "WTF?!?" oddity's sake.
    Still, at $2499.99 my sanity is holding strong! Hooray!!!

Seriously though Gary,
    If it was $700, every pinhead on the planet would own one!

#49 11 years ago

"It's from Stern, it HAS to be the real thing right? Since when does Stern make home version games?" said the mother driving a porsche SUV walking around Costco one day.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorta kinda wanna own this one- just for "WTF?!?" oddity's sake

If you want oddity, find one of these on ebay or CL:
    pinball_gumball_baseball_606-5243990.pngpinball_gumball_baseball_606-5243990.png

#50 11 years ago

Well there were The COSTCO Pro Models of Iron Man and The Dark knight Rises that were dumb down. We collectors all had to ask when these titles came up for sale. Were These from Costco?

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/costco-the-pin-is-in-stock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.