Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crile1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9E1AED4F-6875-4DA0-B286-ED3B7D85A388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone know much about this machine? From what I can fine it’s preloded with 60 FX2 tables.

Build quality seemed decent. I was wondering if it possible to load visual pinball to it or it the computer was all locked down. These are at a local store to me for $1999.99. Don’t think I could build one much cheaper than this. If I can load other software on the machine it may be a decent deal. Just can’t find much info on it.

9E1AED4F-6875-4DA0-B286-ED3B7D85A388 (resized).jpeg9E1AED4F-6875-4DA0-B286-ED3B7D85A388 (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

It’s just a local place. They have two on clearance. I’ve seen them on leisure direct for $4900. Just can’t find any info anywhere else.

They were both unplugged at the store. I had my 3 year old with me at the time who was bouncing off the walls or I would have asked to have one turned on.

I’d love to see the PC inside. If it’s a dud I could always throw a newer one that’s upgradable and can have more software

All in all the machine doesn’t look horrible

#8 6 years ago

I’m actually here now and it’s quite buggy

#10 6 years ago

Overall the software is crap. Definitely would just wipe the hard drive and start from scratch.

That’s being said most everything is built. Unsure of the PC specs still it could need a couple hardware upgrades.

However all that said if I could get them to come down even more that would be ideal. I don’t see them selling quickly. They weren’t even turned on because they don’t quite work right because they get the games via steam and the internet at the store is inadequate. So it really makes them loom like a turd.

I tried to for more off to no avail. I’ll wait another week and go back in. If they did manage to sell by then so be it.

I’m not entirely convinced a virtual machine is the way to spend my pinball money but it might be fun for awhile I guess

#14 6 years ago

If they came down another $300 I would be pretty tempted. Then I could install all kinds of games. I also keep coming back to that’s $1500-$2000 I could put towards a real machine. Oh well I’ll keep stopping in and see how desperate they get.

When I asked for a demonstration the salesman took me to his work computer to explain what it was. Once again told him I own actual pins and I’m somewhat familiar with virtual cabs he basically told me they keep them off due to problems and it just not working right in the store due to steam connection issues.

My guess is it’s going to be quite hard to sell a $2k toy that you can’t get a good feel of in store. Suckers are born everyday though

#17 6 years ago

My problem to Cosmo! It’s not perfect but it does look nice. If I can snag it cheap enough I can upgrade some of the components and have a nice virtual cab.

But do I really want a virtual cab? First world problems lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmos-virtual-machine?tu=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.