(Topic ID: 79566)

Cosmic Gunfight Club (Facking Lazers PEW PEW!!!)

By singlebanana

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jkashani
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is your Cosmic Gunfight ownership status?”

• I own Cosmic Gunfight 9 votes
    39%
  • I once owned a Cosmic Gunfight 2 votes
    9%
  • I hope to own a Cosmic Gunfight some day 12 votes
    52%

(23 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
IMG_1693 (resized).JPG
IMG_1694 (resized).JPG
IMG_1692 (resized).JPG
cosmic gunfight (resized).jpg
20160917_cg1_one-way-gate2 (resized).jpg
20160917_cg1_one-way-gate1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0592 (resized).JPG
201609_Cosmic_in-da-car (resized).jpg
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2178.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG
Machine 2-444.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Every other machine has its club, so why not? Curious to see others machines, parts that are available and where you found them, how you light your machine, and just general discussion about gameplay and scoring in general. Few own, but all are welcome.

Here's a recent video of mine:

#2 5 years ago

Im in the market for one if anybody wants to ditch an excellent example with little to no playfield wear.

#3 5 years ago

Put me on that list as this is a Club I want to join!

#4 5 years ago

Another great game by the criminally underrated Barry Oursler!

#5 5 years ago

I'm in the market for one if anybody wants to ditch a project or players example with some to lots of playfield wear, flaking glass, crappy cab, bad/missing boards, etc. Long as it's cheap

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Another great game by the criminally underrated Barry Oursler!

I couldn't agree more. Oursler is my favorite designer. Hope to make it to the Atalanta Expo this summer to meet him. Hate to hear about he and his wife's health issues.

#7 5 years ago

1008 confirmed Cosmic Gunfight machines produced by Williams in 1982 per ipdb.

#8 5 years ago

138,478 career total. WOW! I don't know what the comparative #'s are for other designers, but other than Greg Kmiec and Steve Ritchie... who had higher production #'s?

#9 5 years ago

I've only seen one in person once. It immediately struck me as a fantastic game. Since I don't own one, lucky for me I know a banana not too far away.

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

I have a very nice CG I was thinking about selling. Plan to post locally soon, but saw the wanted posts here. Game is located in Seattle. Perfect back glass (clear coated) and very few minor imperfections on playfield. I'm a local collector and member of the Washington Pinball Crazies (WPC). Asking $1,700 due to condition.

Machine 2-444.jpg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have a very nice CG I was thinking about selling. Plan to post locally soon, but saw the wanted posts here. Game is located in Seattle. Perfect back glass (clear coated) and very few minor imperfections on playfield. I'm a local collector and member of the Washington Pinball Crazies (WPC). Asking $1,700 due to condition.

Why must the pinball gods tempt me so!!!! I'm trying to be good focus on my home repairs.

I let one go, and now I want another back. Must stay strong!

I'm sure the new owner will love it!

Marcus

#12 5 years ago

I'm a member!!! Mine won't be going anywhere, cept maybe to some more shows...but I think it gets a break this year!! I think Defender and Warlok are doing The (my) show circuit this year!

Phoebe

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Why must the pinball gods tempt me so!!!! I'm trying to be good focus on my home repairs.
I let one go, and now I want another back. Must stay strong!
I'm sure the new owner will love it!
Marcus

Already Sold

3 months later
#14 5 years ago

My CG is now for sale. I have one interested party to hear back from first and then it is open season. Game has been fully LED'd with the exception of a few bulbs in the rollover lanes. Very clean game and has recently been rerubbered and cleaned/waxed. Plastics are good with only a few spots, bg is 9/10, and cab is really nice. Playfield has a few cracks in it under the slings where it looks like someone ratcheted down the slings too hard. Game plays and scores fine with the exception of 1 non-working pop bumper. Nice game and perhaps some others who have played it can comment. Asking $2500 OBO.

See video in initial post. Can also send pics via PM.

#15 5 years ago

I played this CG shortly after singlebanana acquired it & I thought it was a great game. My only time EVER seeing a CG in person. Hope I get a chance to see it again, now that it's been shopped & blinged, before it sells.

I've purchased a game from Rich in the past & I'll say he's an honest guy & straight shooter. Deal with confidence!
GLWTS!

5 months later
#17 4 years ago

Just bought a Cosmic Gunfight in pretty good shape. It has a black cabinet.

I got it on the cheap because it will not start game play. I am wondering if this thread is a place to seek help or if you all can suggest another for me to post to here at Pinside. After reading up on it and watching the youtube videos I can't wait to get it up and running again.

I have read through the operator's guide posted for this machine but can't seem to figure out how to solve the following issues:

Issue 1 - when powered up, top left display = "2502 1". From the manual it looks like this is the game identifier and it is in some kind of audit mode. Is this normal for power up? -- the only way I seem to get it to get to the point is should be ready to accept a coin is to run through all the audits pushing the advance button.

Issue 2 - Once I do get the game to the point of receiving coins (adding credits), then press the "game start" button on the upper left area of the front of the cabinet, with credits showing, nothing happens except the credits decrement as though I am adding players to multi-player mode. But no ball is put into the trough. Yes, there are two balls in the machine and down in the "drain area". Flippers work, but no ball getting kicked into the shooter lane.

Sound and System 7 board checkout so far.

Any tips, or direction you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#18 4 years ago

Is the kicker-coil functioning ?
Inspect if there is no wire broken off the lugs.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPlayer:

Just bought a Cosmic Gunfight in pretty good shape. It has a black cabinet.
I got it on the cheap because it will not start game play. I am wondering if this thread is a place to seek help or if you all can suggest another for me to post to here at Pinside. After reading up on it and watching the youtube videos I can't wait to get it up and running again.
I have read through the operator's guide posted for this machine but can't seem to figure out how to solve the following issues:
Issue 1 - when powered up, top left display = "2502 1". From the manual it looks like this is the game identifier and it is in some kind of audit mode. Is this normal for power up? -- the only way I seem to get it to get to the point is should be ready to accept a coin is to run through all the audits pushing the advance button.

Batteries bad and maybe a bad 5101 , battery holder, etc.

Issue 2 - Once I do get the game to the point of receiving coins (adding credits), then press the "game start" button on the upper left area of the front of the cabinet, with credits showing, nothing happens except the credits decrement as though I am adding players to multi-player mode. But no ball is put into the trough. Yes, there are two balls in the machine and down in the "drain area". Flippers work, but no ball getting kicked into the shooter lane.
Sound and System 7 board checkout so far.
Any tips, or direction you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Bad fuse perhaps.

#20 4 years ago

Ok made some progress.

Issue 1

It was starting up in Audit mode because the battery holder was no longer working. Thus when the game was switched off the RAM memory wheat into a random state. Thus the next time the game is powered up the System 7 MPU went into Audit mode given it did not know what the settings should be.

I have rigged a battery pack to the board until I can get a more permanent solution.

Issue 2

The lever on the micro switch below the area that the ball stays before being ejected into the shooter lane was bent in such a way as it looked to the MPU that no balls were in that area. Once I bent the lever into the right position the ball ejected into the shooter lane as one would expect at game start.

Now for the easy part.... Rebuild the pop-bumpers, flippers, replace all rubber rings, replace plunger spring and sleeve, and on and on.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

#21 4 years ago

LEDs and Cosmic Gunfight

I saw a video that showed a Cosmic Gunfight with LEDs throughout the playfield. It looked really great. Does anyone on this thread happen to have used LEDs on their CG? If so can you give some recommendations on colors and which LEDs you used?

Thanks

#22 4 years ago

I did the video at the beginning of this thread and the bulbs I used were from Comet. Great prices and service, and I've never had an issue with a single bulb not working in 3 orders. I used purple faceted lens bulbs on the GI and flat supreme brightness bulbs (natural white) under the pf and in the bg.

#23 4 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation. The purple LEDs I think really add to the look of the game.

4 weeks later
#24 4 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

I did the video at the beginning of this thread and the bulbs I used were from Comet. Great prices and service, and I've never had an issue with a single bulb not working in 3 orders. I used purple faceted lens bulbs on the GI and flat supreme brightness bulbs (natural white) under the pf and in the bg.

Did you add plastic protectors? Hard to tell from video.

Joined the club last night with a looks to be single owner HUO black cabinet version. Been looking and know the orange cabs are the rarer of the two however does anyone know actual numbers? Seems like more orange cabinets surface of late

#25 4 years ago

No plastic protectors added.

1 month later
#26 4 years ago

Sold -- After a couple of months of work, I have finished restoring / refurbishing my Cosmic Gunfight and am ready to sell it and start on my next machine. Given those on this thread are true CG enthusiasts, I thought I would get the word out here before putting in the Pinside Marketplace and elsewhere this Friday. I would like this game to go to someone who will really appreciate it.

It is in excellent working condition and I would classify it as a "high end players" quality machine. See details on my tumblr account CG4Sale. I took the lead from SingleBanana and put leds throughout. It really jazzed it up.

I live in Orange County California and will be listing it for $1800 (shipping not included). It is a black cabinet version.

See it in operation by visiting YouTube:

and

Please contact me through Pinside if interested.

IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_2178.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG

Post edited by SoCalPlayer: Status updated

#27 4 years ago

Messaged you before I saw your most recent post, Socal player. I think I know someone who would be interested.

Update: They want it. I sent you their info.

#28 4 years ago

I use to own one of these years ago, looking to pick this one up. PM has been sent.

Thanks

#29 4 years ago

Hi All - a quick update. I sold the CG today. Thank you all for your assistance with helping me fix it and to SingleBanana for the great input regarding LEDs. I am sad to see it go as the more I played it the more I came to understand how great CG is.

Thanks

#30 4 years ago

Good going! Love that game.

4 weeks later
#31 4 years ago

Does anyone know some of the unique rules for CG?
-mof

1 year later
#32 3 years ago

Seeking a cosmic gunfight backbox in any shape. Thanks.

#33 3 years ago

If anyone has one to sell me in the Massachusetts area please PM me...

Memories...

#34 3 years ago

If anyone has one of these in NJ, PM me. Looking for one as well.

#35 3 years ago

Why is nobody in Holland searching for this title

2 months later
#36 3 years ago

Anyone have a used playfield they would be willing to sell? Doesn't have to be in great shape!

Or.... Buy this one, and I'll buy your old one to help cover the cost.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,782.0.html

2 months later
#37 3 years ago

Does anyone know a source for the pop cap decals?
-mof

#38 3 years ago

got one.. wish i had time to get it going .. one day

#39 3 years ago

(knock, knock) looking to get into this club...
-mof

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Does anyone know a source for the pop cap decals?
-mof

We need to get PPS to stamp some new caps.

#41 3 years ago

I'm guessing there are as of yet no stencils out there?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-gunfight

-mof

#42 3 years ago

Do we know about any rumored plastic sets being worked on?
-mof

#43 3 years ago

There *are* pinball gods...
-mof

201609_Cosmic_in-da-car (resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago

Question: Anyone else need stencils for CG?
-mof

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Question: Anyone else need stencils for CG?
-mof

I probably will.

#46 3 years ago

Poll answered. Crickets !!!

#47 3 years ago

I have the ever illusive orange cab which I believe was a prototype. I actually have had two before this, both black cabs and very nice. What a great game...

IMG_0592 (resized).JPG

#48 3 years ago

How do you earn 2x scoring?
Ok found it. Right shot to rollovers...

#49 3 years ago

if anyone has one for sale in the WI, IL, MI, IN, MN area, i'm looking as well.

#50 3 years ago

Glass off, trying to figure out the scoring... Seems like the points are as follows when in 2x mode: (from memory, might be a hair off)

1. X-Y rollovers: 120k
2. drops in order: 100k
3. right orbit: 150k?
4. A-B-C rollovers: 150k?

So there's no question the game leans right, and you should technically shoot top right over and over -- now I see why the game gets the beat down in the ratings... scoring is a little lop sided. The shot to top right orbit to rollovers = 150k + a chance at completing another 150k...

I did discover something neat. When you are in multiball, WHEN you are scoring, you add to the bonus ball timer. I did a double-cradle and the timer stopped going up. Still not sure if the timer going up was due to just "hitting stuff" or specific targets.

-mof

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Albany, IN
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Albany, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burlington, WI
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
$ 39.50
$ 4.95
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside