(Topic ID: 307965)

Cosmic Chasm Arcade game

By jeffgoldstein2

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 2 years ago

I was curious if anyone knows much Cosmic Chasm the arcade game is roughly worth? I know it is super rare.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Very rare is an understatement. My guess, working, with full side art and proper monitor and decent shape, at least $10k.

Email me to discuss more. Are you buying or selling?

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#3 2 years ago

I had no idea about this game so did a quick google. It is pretty rare and valuable. This list has it at the most expensive.

http://www.rotheblog.com/2008/08/arcade/15-most-valuable-classic-arcade-games/

#4 2 years ago

I know two arcade collectors who own one. I would expect the price to be north of $10k. The color 19" vector monitor is special to this game. I believe it is model 6400, where-as the 6100 version is common to like Atari Tempest, Space Duel, Black Widow, etc. The game boardset is hard to keep running and finding an original complete working game is near impossible. I believe Cinematronics only made around 50 of them.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Very rare is an understatement. My guess, working, with full side art and proper monitor and decent shape, at least $10k.
Email me to discuss more. Are you buying or selling?
Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

My father owns one he had picked up over 30 years ago. Eventually he’s going to sell it.

Thanks!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The color 19" vector monitor is special to this game. I believe it is model 6400, where-as the 6100 version is common to like Atari Tempest, Space Duel, Black Widow, etc.

The stock monitor in a Cinematronics Cosmic Chasm is an Electrohome G08_105. It is the only commercially produced game to use that model monitor. Aztarac (another very rare video game by Centuri) used a Wells Gardner 19K6401. It too was the only commercially produced game to use that model monitor. The monitors can be substituted for each other, but not without electronic modifications because they used different voltages. But both monitors are considered high resolution vector monitors. They were the only two commercially produced games to use a high-res color vector monitor. (I keep saying "commercially produced" because there were some prototype games to use one of these monitors).

When is he selling? Can I come see it? I'm reasonably local to you (Evanston, IL) and am interested. email me if interested.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-chasm-arcade-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.