Head to head HD-R (resized).jpg
wan_party_2_2 (resized).png
CCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_00 (resized).jpg
CCR_WANParty_0523 (resized).jpg
4-Kink (resized).jpg
3-Orbit (resized).jpg
2-Ramp (resized).jpg
1-Show (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago

All;

I celebrated CCR 2.0 by making a simple mod that I've been thinking of for a long time.

The LED strips on the CCR ramp and orbit entrances face sideways, not at the player. This is because the the strips are designed to follow inside and outside curves, but not to twist or bend sideways.

I decided to risk pointing these LEDs towards the player, to get the maximum possible light show.

I'm not recommending than anyone else do this, as it definitely makes the LED strips more susceptible to breaking.
(On my first try, I broke the inner most LED strip, and had to buy a replacement from Multimorphic.)
This mod also puts a kink in the LED strips at the corners (see the last picture).

The mod requires: 1/4" plastic sheet. double sided tape, zip ties.

The mod was straight forward:
Cut the 1/4" thick plastic sheet into strips about 1/2" wide.
Cut lengths of these strips to match the straight portions of the ramp/orbit entrances.
Cut the zip ties holding the LED strips from the ramp/orbit entrances.
Peel the LED strips off the sides of the ramp/orbit entrances.
Stick the LED strips to the plastic strips.
(Reusing the existing adhesive on back of the LED strips or using some double sided tape.)
Rotate the LED strips to face up.
Use the existing zip tie holes to loop a zip ties around the Led strip.

- Mark
1-Show (resized).jpg1-Show (resized).jpg2-Ramp (resized).jpg2-Ramp (resized).jpg3-Orbit (resized).jpg3-Orbit (resized).jpg4-Kink (resized).jpg4-Kink (resized).jpg

#24 4 years ago

All;

On the P3 Heist Thread, we started talking CCR 2.0. I thought I'd move that conversation to the appropriate topic...

A few ideas/suggestions for adding to CCR 2.0:

Have the Qualify Race Target start one of several mini-games to complete the qualification (like a Heist Side Job).

Have the Shop Upgrade Process include Special Weapon selection, and ammo purchases.
(During a race Special Weapon, limited by the amount of ammo, would always be available on a separate button.)

In a race have power-ups awarded for specific uninterrupted combos.
(When one ramp/orbit entrance is hit, immediately light the next ramp/orbit entrance required in the combo, then the next...)

In a race include the ability to taunt your opponents (and vise versa).
(If power-ups are awarded as described above, the captive ball could be used for taunts. So you have to give up some time you could be accelerating to issue a taunt. Of course points awarded for doing so.)

In a race, use the scoop for a pit-stop.
(To immediately un-do the effect of another racer's Special Weapon, rather than waiting for it to time-out.)

In a race, the side targets could be a spin-out.

Do *something* with virtual targets to make more use of the screen (ex: In the qualifying mini-games.)

- Mark

9 months later
#93 3 years ago

All;

Is anyone else having problems starting a game with the Beta Release of CCR?

I have the current version of all the software installed.

When I press the start button, it stops flashing, but the game does not start.

(The V1.0 version works fine.)

I have to wonder if it's because my machine is one of the few out there without a backbox display...

- Mark

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Do you have the beta module driver installed? I made that mistake when updating the drivers recently... but in that case the launcher fails to load it and will give you an error and return you to the launcher.
A missing backbox display doesn't create that type of error (I wouldn't think) as the P3 software doesn't care/differentiate if there's an upper display or not - in other words, it's purely for display, at least from my development experience. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

My installed software list is below.

Please note that I started with just the Beta CCR and Beta CCR Module Driver (No good), then added the current CCR Module Driver (Nope), then added the legacy CCR Module Driver (Still Nope), then added the legacy CCR Game (No change).

As for the back box display, I was just trying to think what would make my P3 different than the average.

Thanks for your help!

- Mark

20210204_114828 (resized).jpg20210204_114828 (resized).jpg20210204_114851 (resized).jpg20210204_114851 (resized).jpg
#98 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

If the app successfully loads, it's unlikely to be an incompatible driver. If you have the latest beta driver and the latest beta app, you should be ok. Yes, that's CCR Beta 2.3.0.2 and beta CCR driver 2.1.2.4.
I just tested with and without backbox, and they worked here. Please reproduce the failure and send us a log. Make sure to enable All logging in the CCR settings first. (Settings -> Info -> Logging Level).
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Gerry;

Thank you. I verified that the correct Module Driver is being loaded and uploaded the logs you requested.

- Mark

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Just for sanity sake, you have CCR setup for free play right? It could be waiting for some credits before allowing you to start.

I had not thought of that possibility. Thank you.

I just double checked and it is on freeplay.

Gerry is now on the case, so good things are right around the corner...

- Mark

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

For those following along, the log revealed the issue. The CCR beta requires the latest operating system code, and since Mark doesn't have the backbox display, he was never forced to update. We'll need to document this dependency.
So Mark was right.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

I was sorta kinda right-ish.

Yesterday, after I provided the logs: Gerry explained the issue to me and pointed me at the P3's System Update Process.

I didn't follow through until this afternoon, but it just took a couple minutes and all was well.

Gerry: As always: Thanks for your terrific customer service!

- Mark

5 months later
#112 2 years ago

I hope I can get away with a quick cross-post...

For Sale: Cosmic Cart Racing Playfield Module for the P3:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117529

- Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3?tu=shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.