Head to head HD-R (resized).jpg
wan_party_2_2 (resized).png
CCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_00 (resized).jpg
CCR_WANParty_0523 (resized).jpg
4-Kink (resized).jpg
3-Orbit (resized).jpg
2-Ramp (resized).jpg
1-Show (resized).jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

A public beta version of Cosmic Cart Racing 2.0 is available for immediate download from the Multimorphic site.  (CCR 2.0 requires the presence of the Cosmic Cart Racing playfield module.)

Cosmic Cart Racing 2.0 features an entirely new gameplay option called "Career Mode".  Career Mode delivers a 3-ball, mode-based gaming experience that rewards fast gameplay and good strategic choices.  Gameplay has you traveling to different solar systems, where you'll need to earn money to upgrade your cart and enter local races.  Win the race and move on to the next solar system.  Win all of the races to become the Cosmic Cart Racing champion!

This release re-introduces the ramp locks, allowing you to lock balls on the ramp during gameplay before starting Meteor Shower Multiball.  Other features include time-based score multipliers that increase when you hit RPM shots, an inner loop mini-mode, a progressive "Jobs" mode that earns you money, a garage where you can upgrade your cart, mystery awards, hurryup awards, and more.  Most of the features can be stacked, allowing you to strategically maximize scoring potential.  Tip: To score well, avoid holding the ball on the flippers for long periods of time!

It also features music from Buffalo Pinball community member Siggy Sour!

This release is currently a public beta.  If you have a P3 and didn't receive installation instructions, please email us at [email protected] to request them. Also please email us and/or discuss here any issues you find in the beta software.

Thank you for your continued support.  We hope you enjoy CCR 2.0!

- Gerry
CCR_Version2.0_beta (resized).jpgCCR_Version2.0_beta (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago

That sounds really cool. I've got to get one of these machines someday

#4 4 years ago

Installed this tonight and had quite a good time. The light show is fantastic, and I'm enjoying the fresh take on what I feel is a fast, smooth playfield.

I like challenging games, and games with difficult but lucrative shots. This game has all of that and a much more active magnet lock.

In short, a great free upgrade to an already fun game, and a well-thought-out way to add goals to a racing game while retaining that theme integration.

#5 4 years ago

Would love to see a video of this when they are ready!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Would love to see a video of this when they are ready!

I'm working on it! Maybe this weekend?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I'm working on it! Maybe this weekend?

Great, thanks.

#8 4 years ago

I know I can't wait for video. The more videos the better in my opinion!

#9 4 years ago

So I've just uploaded a very rough video from my phone (still processing so it's not in high def yet). I play one ball, get Meteor Shower Multiball, and do a race. Then I drain the rest because the video was almost 5 minutes and I didn't know how long it would take to upload. It will give you a bit of an idea but apologizing up front because admittedly it's a very average video. Sorry. Hopefully bingopodcast's one will come out a bit later and show it properly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A3PvCCxLTqffFvda8

#10 4 years ago

Wow, nice game - I have a pretty hard time hitting just about anything consistently and seeing you backhand that right ramp was a thing of beauty. I just re-set-up my streaming rig tonight... as Heist came! So this weekend, I'll be streaming both CCR 2.0 and Heist. Tomorrow late morning/early afternoon for Heist, followed by CCR 2.0 either evening or Sunday morning.

#11 4 years ago

I can’t wait to see Heist in action. Looking forward to seeing the video

#13 4 years ago

+1 for wearing a Multimorphic Tshirt.

I need the virus to go away... and this economy to recover so I can afford Heist and CCR modules.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for the stream Nick. Do you have the playfield glass on or did you remove it for the video?

#15 4 years ago

Yeah, thanks for the vids, guys. When you aren't anywhere near a P3, video is the next best thing to fuel the obsession.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Do you have the playfield glass on or did you remove it for the video?

Glass on - the mech noises would be even louder otherwise.

1 week later
#17 4 years ago

Version 2.0.2.11 is available for download.

Release Notes:

2.0.2.11:
- Added Settings/Gameplay/Career Mode/ operator setting (default true) to reset locks between balls. False allows lock stealing in multi-player games
- Added Settings/Gameplay/Career mode/ operator setting (default true) to end the ball if the player drains during a race.
- Fixed issue in Career Mode races 2+ where a ball falling into the outer loop hole wouldn't get relaunched.
- Fixed Career Mode bug where multiple button presses when confirming a race start could result in multiple balls being launched.
- Tweaked timing of multiball ball starts from 0.5 to 0.6 to give just a bit more time for a ball to exit the wireform before the next ball comes through. The more this is increased, the longer it takes before jackpots are enabled.
- Increased delay before ball is re-launched after finishing a Career Mode race.
- Tweaked timing in Career Mode end of race messages. Delay after a failed races is now shorter.

Please continue reporting any issues you find with this beta software.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

1 week later
#18 4 years ago

I'll be streaming CCR 2.0 on Saturday @ 3pm CDT. It's a brand new game with conventional rules and tons of strategic decision making. Check it out!

twitch.tv/multimorphic

- Gerry

CCR_StreamAnnouncement (resized).pngCCR_StreamAnnouncement (resized).png
#19 4 years ago

The stream is today @ 3pm CDT. Check it out! CCR 2.0 includes all previous gameplay options and the new ruleset. I'll be playing the new ruleset today.

twitch.tv/multimorphic

- Gerry

#21 4 years ago

Thanks for the stream Gerry, looks really fun!

#22 4 years ago

CCR 2.0 is a blast! Great stream, Gerry!

#23 4 years ago

All;

I celebrated CCR 2.0 by making a simple mod that I've been thinking of for a long time.

The LED strips on the CCR ramp and orbit entrances face sideways, not at the player. This is because the the strips are designed to follow inside and outside curves, but not to twist or bend sideways.

I decided to risk pointing these LEDs towards the player, to get the maximum possible light show.

I'm not recommending than anyone else do this, as it definitely makes the LED strips more susceptible to breaking.
(On my first try, I broke the inner most LED strip, and had to buy a replacement from Multimorphic.)
This mod also puts a kink in the LED strips at the corners (see the last picture).

The mod requires: 1/4" plastic sheet. double sided tape, zip ties.

The mod was straight forward:
Cut the 1/4" thick plastic sheet into strips about 1/2" wide.
Cut lengths of these strips to match the straight portions of the ramp/orbit entrances.
Cut the zip ties holding the LED strips from the ramp/orbit entrances.
Peel the LED strips off the sides of the ramp/orbit entrances.
Stick the LED strips to the plastic strips.
(Reusing the existing adhesive on back of the LED strips or using some double sided tape.)
Rotate the LED strips to face up.
Use the existing zip tie holes to loop a zip ties around the Led strip.

- Mark
1-Show (resized).jpg1-Show (resized).jpg2-Ramp (resized).jpg2-Ramp (resized).jpg3-Orbit (resized).jpg3-Orbit (resized).jpg4-Kink (resized).jpg4-Kink (resized).jpg

#24 4 years ago

All;

On the P3 Heist Thread, we started talking CCR 2.0. I thought I'd move that conversation to the appropriate topic...

A few ideas/suggestions for adding to CCR 2.0:

Have the Qualify Race Target start one of several mini-games to complete the qualification (like a Heist Side Job).

Have the Shop Upgrade Process include Special Weapon selection, and ammo purchases.
(During a race Special Weapon, limited by the amount of ammo, would always be available on a separate button.)

In a race have power-ups awarded for specific uninterrupted combos.
(When one ramp/orbit entrance is hit, immediately light the next ramp/orbit entrance required in the combo, then the next...)

In a race include the ability to taunt your opponents (and vise versa).
(If power-ups are awarded as described above, the captive ball could be used for taunts. So you have to give up some time you could be accelerating to issue a taunt. Of course points awarded for doing so.)

In a race, use the scoop for a pit-stop.
(To immediately un-do the effect of another racer's Special Weapon, rather than waiting for it to time-out.)

In a race, the side targets could be a spin-out.

Do *something* with virtual targets to make more use of the screen (ex: In the qualifying mini-games.)

- Mark

#25 4 years ago

Here's my suggestions copied from the Heist thread:

I watched the stream of CCR 2.0 and it looks like a fun game now. I like the idea of being able to upgrade your cart in the shop. I think they wanted the rules to be simple but I can understand you wanting to see it "fleshed out more". I think it probably just needs a bit more personality. I'd like to see the characters of the carts developed a little more, similar to what they did in Heist. It would be cool if Vigo, Orbit, etc. had their own callouts and 2D animations.
I get that their carts are configured differently but I think it would also be cool to add a secret power or weapon that they each had to distinguish between them a little more and give you more of a reason to choose one over the other.
Having said that, I realise they have already put a ton of work into the CCR 2.0 release and having two versions of the game in really cool. I wonder when online H2H play for CCR is coming? Seems like it would be the perfect time to release it if it is ready.

#26 4 years ago

My 2 cents: One of the things I would fix is to have the progress screen in a race look like a race course, not just 4 vertical lines. Seeing a course with curves and such would give it so much more personality and feel that you are racing. As it is, it just looks like a boring straight strip. I really want to love and own this game, but just needs a little something more. Also, I would change race 2 to being more than just hitting one ramp over and over.

#27 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. We always enjoy reading them, and we're also continuing to work on the game. We're always open to suggestions, and we'll give serious consideration to those that fit within our resource scheduling and also within the overall structure and our vision for the game.

The only one I'll comment on right now is:

Quoted from Crile1:

One of the things I would fix is to have the progress screen in a race look like a race course, not just 4 vertical lines

We originally had the map as mini-versions of the race courses, but literally everybody who playtested the game disliked them (including me). It doesn't work well with 3D tracks for a lot of reasons. The biggest being that if you want to see the positions of everybody, you'd be looking at a ball of spaghetti. We also want you to be able to quickly look up and see exactly how you're progressing relative to others. Representing race progress as linear progressions in the 'map' is the perfect solution. If you want to experience the full 3D nature of the track and environment, that's what fills up most of the main screen; so you're covered there too.

While modeled after cart racing games like Mario Kart and others, this is a pinball game, and players are focused on keeping a ball alive and hitting physical shots, not just steering a cart around a track. The more you ask players to interpret information, the less fun it is. Information needs to be presented in a simple and easy to understand manner. (This is true in all pinball games, but especially on games with dynamic playfield artwork that the P3 has.) We put a lot of design time into information presentation on the P3, and probably the most common feedback we get from people playing P3 games is, "It was easy to understand what to do and what was happening." CCR races are probably the least intuitive gameplay feature on the platform right now and some of the information needs to be cleaned up a bit, but it's very easy to see exactly where you stand in a race. CCR Career Mode, on the other hand, makes it pretty easy to see your progress and what to do.

- Gerry

1 month later
#28 3 years ago

Internet features are now enabled! https://www.multimorphic.com/news/head-to-head-pinball-over-the-internet/

A bunch of us are planning to play together this Saturday May 23 @ 4pm CDT. Please join us!

- Gerry

CCR_WANParty_0523 (resized).jpgCCR_WANParty_0523 (resized).jpg
#29 3 years ago

Awesome job Gerry! Looking forward to playing online!

1 week later
#30 3 years ago

I haven't heard any reviews or reactions to playing CCR online. Did anyone do it? How was it? Glitchy? Fun? Easy to hook up? Or was it no different than playing solo against AI?

#31 3 years ago

CCR online - I played with my daughter the other day. Zero glitches , extremely fun, and as easy as pressing start.

The lobby system allows for any P3 to 'host' the game. As the host you name your session, set the course to race on, and the length (number of laps).

After that you can wait for up to three other players to join or start at any time. During the online session the other day, it was near instant. That'll be heavily dependent on the number of people playing (fewer = more waiting for people to join).

As a client, you go into the lobby, pick the game you want and you're racing. Really quick and easy.

Playing against a human was actually a lot more fun than playing against the AI. I wasn't expecting it to be such an improvement over the AI, but it was like a simultaneous multiplayer pinball game. Really amazing. People using items against you from all over the world. I found that I was paying a lot more attention to the rankings on the minimap during the race than usual.

My daughter and I enjoyed it immensely and we'll be talking about it on a podcast soon in slightly more detail if you care to listen.

#32 3 years ago

Thanks for the post. I tried talking Gerry into giving a deal for CCR and Heist playfield combo buy. I really want both, but looks like will only be one. As soon as the wife gives me the green light!

#33 3 years ago

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but $2750 for Heist is pretty amazing. The playfield is packed! We don't have CCR yet, but $2500 seems like a great deal for any new game. I wonder what kind of profit they make per game - really can't be much.

#34 3 years ago

P3 modules are the best deal in new pinball by far. The updates to CCR have made a big difference in longevity and fun factor, in my opinion.

2 weeks later
#35 3 years ago

CCR Beta Version 2.2.0.8 is up on the site. We're looking to have another WAN party this saturday 6/20 @ 4pm Central, but I'll confirm later.

Release Notes:
2.2.0.8:
- Fixed track index on network games. It should no longer use the wrong race name and rules.
- Fixed race position text continuing to update after the player finished the race.
- Fixed flipper staying up when opening feature menu before launching a ball.
- Added Bluetooth pairing options to feature menu.
- Added private room capabilities for internet games (requires a password when creating/joining)
- Added more messaging for unexpected network game connection issues.
- Added voice callouts for other players joining the race roster in network games.
- Added a sound effect for other players dropping out of the race roster in network games.

Note - users running CCR version 2.1.a.b won't see matches hosted by users running CCR 2.2.x.y. This is to make sure incompatible versions don't try to connect with each other. So make sure you update to the latest before joining the party!

- Gerry

#36 3 years ago

Who's up for another CCR WAN party? Let's race against each other over the internet again!

We're planning for this Saturday (6/20) at 4pm Central.

Note - please make sure to update to the latest CCR beta code (currently 2.2.0.8). Otherwise you won't see matches hosted by people who did update.

(CCR users can log in any time to play against each other, but organized WAN parties are great for getting more players together at once.)

- Gerry
CCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_00 (resized).jpgCCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_00 (resized).jpg

#37 3 years ago

I'm in!

#38 3 years ago

Really neat to see this kind of innovation!

#39 3 years ago

WAN Party is today!

Remember to update to the latest CCR code (2.2.0.8).

- Gerry

#40 3 years ago

Had a great time again. Thanks to everybody who joined!

- Gerry

wan_party_2_2 (resized).pngwan_party_2_2 (resized).png
#41 3 years ago

Did Gerry hack and beat you guys again.
He always swears hes just a good player... but I think he puts loop holes and special modes in his games.

(I kidd)

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did Gerry hack and beat you guys again.
He always swears hes just a good player... but I think he puts loop holes and special modes in his games.
(I kidd)

The only thing I'll swear to is that I know the code better than everybody else, and if there are any loopholes or special modes, it's likely I'm the only one who knows about them.

- Gerry

#43 3 years ago

Had a ball again Gerry although can't come close to beating you. Now how do we make this a regular thing

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Now how do we make this a regular thing

Let's do that! The only challenge is finding a time that works well for everybody since we have players joining from all over the world. Please PM me some preferred days/times.

- Gerry

#45 3 years ago

Everybody: please join us this Wednesday (6/24) at 7pm CDT to see what head-to-head pinball over the internet is all about! Four of us are getting together for a livestream of Cosmic Cart Racing. Check it out!

- Gerry

Head to head HD-R (resized).jpgHead to head HD-R (resized).jpg
#46 3 years ago

Yesterday was my first CCR WAN Party and it was frickin’ awesome! I can’t wait to play another one.

If anyone wants to schedule play time outside of the WAN Party times let me know! The matchmaking server is always running.

#47 3 years ago

3 hours until the CCR internet head-to-head livestream...

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#48 3 years ago

Thanks to everybody who joined the stream. We had a great time! Big thanks to Nick, Dave, and Mike for playing in this first ever livestream of 4-way internet-connected head-to-head pinball.

Here's the twitch archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660606040

One of the participants had some network issues for a while, but once we got going, things went really well. Sarah is still smiling from crushing the guys a few times in a row!

We have a full recording that we hope to get on youtube at some point.

- Gerry

#49 3 years ago

The next logical step is a small modification to the flipper buttons to allow them to deliver motivational electric shocks to the player in last place.

2 weeks later
#50 3 years ago

It's time for another WAN party!

Toss the CCR playfield into your P3 and log into the networking lobby this Saturday (7/18) at 4pm CDT. Let's race!

Join this discord channel to chat with other racers during the party (and other times): https://discord.gg/Wun35jd

- Gerry
CCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_01 (resized).jpgCCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.