Head to head HD-R (resized).jpg
wan_party_2_2 (resized).png
CCR_Version2.2.x.y_WANParty_00 (resized).jpg
CCR_WANParty_0523 (resized).jpg
4-Kink (resized).jpg
3-Orbit (resized).jpg
2-Ramp (resized).jpg
1-Show (resized).jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

For those following along, the log revealed the issue. The CCR beta requires the latest operating system code, and since Mark doesn't have the backbox display, he was never forced to update. We'll need to document this dependency.
So Mark was right.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

I was sorta kinda right-ish.

Yesterday, after I provided the logs: Gerry explained the issue to me and pointed me at the P3's System Update Process.

I didn't follow through until this afternoon, but it just took a couple minutes and all was well.

Gerry: As always: Thanks for your terrific customer service!

- Mark

1 month later
#102 3 years ago

I’ve been playing a lot of CCR
Lately - Really looking forward to joining in on the network play eventually -

Question(s) for the pit crew:

- should I be able to backhand either of the ramps?

- speaking of ramps, I can almost never get it up the right ramp unless it’s shooting a perfect line drive from a dead stop? I almost always get part way up the ramp, then it comes back down

- are there any bug fix releases planned ? I’ve noticed a couple of things although nothing awful

- captive ball: I hit this a lot but it doesn’t seem to register. It seems when I absolutely just annihilate it with a bazooka shot is the only time it registers. Normal?

- I’m getting two ball multiball in a couple of
The races in Arcade mode, but I can’t figure out how to start it - there’s no lock like in career mode

- are there extra balls? Is this just not a MultiMorphic thing?

I have a couple other questions but those are the big ones

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve been playing a lot of CCR
Lately - Really looking forward to joining in on the network play eventually -
Question(s) for the pit crew:
- speaking of ramps, I can almost never get it up the right ramp unless it’s shooting a perfect line drive from a dead stop? I almost always get part way up the ramp, then it comes back down

Sshh - don't tell Gerry but I have the Flipper strength set to 25. Plays much better. I can backhand the right ramp and shoot it from the left flipper no problem. Plays really smooth. Still can't beat Gerry in a race though

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Sshh - don't tell Gerry but I have the Flipper strength set to 25. Plays much better. I can backhand the right ramp and shoot it from the left flipper no problem. Plays really smooth. Still can't beat Gerry in a race though

-25-?! Something must be wrong with my setup. I have my flippers set to 28 or 29 and I can’t make it up those ramps. Maybe I need to check my level again.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, definitely. The left ramp should be pretty easy to backhand. The right ramp is backhandable when accelerators are enabled.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is it rattling or just weak? Rattling almost always suggests the playfield isn't sitting flush with the back of the scoops. Always check your playfield is flush with the aluminum block that holds the playfield latch, as that's the static point. Everything else is adjustable.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

- are there any bug fix releases planned ? I’ve noticed a couple of things although nothing awful

Yes, some are in progress, mostly including some network reliability updates. Please submit all others through our ticket system at www.multimorphic.com/support.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

- captive ball: I hit this a lot but it doesn’t seem to register. It seems when I absolutely just annihilate it with a bazooka shot is the only time it registers. Normal?

You have to hit it fairly flush, but it shouldn't be too hard to hit. With the glass off, you can go into diags, launch out a few balls (Under Playfield test), and then go into switch test and roll balls manually at the target. Is the captive ball rebounding up to the switch easily? Is the switch only reporting contact on really hard shots? It might be the standup switch needs a little adjusting, or it might again be playfield transition level.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

- I’m getting two ball multiball in a couple of
The races in Arcade mode, but I can’t figure out how to start it - there’s no lock like in career mode

The 2nd race in Arcade mode is Particle Accelerator, which is a 2-ball mode, though the 2nd ball should stay in the upper left magnet ring. If yours is dropping into play, then something's not quite right. A video might help us see what's going on. I can't think of any other time you should be getting MB in arcade mode.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

- are there extra balls? Is this just not a MultiMorphic thing?

In arcade mode, the ball keeps coming back to you (because it's a race, not a 3-ball effort). In Career Mode, there isn't currently an extra ball. There is a setting for whether or not draining during a race ends your ball or just ends the race and returns a ball.

Lexy Lightspeed actually has quite a few (in the form of respawns), and it plays longer than the others because of it. Each game has a different vibe and difficulty level. There are a couple of places we might add extra balls to CCR Career Mode and Heist, but we're waiting to see people's reactions to the next Heist update first. By default, it'll be much easier to start modes and get people out of jail, and therefore be easier to get deeper in the game.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a couple other questions but those are the big ones

Fire away.

- Gerry

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Still can't beat Gerry in a race though

My wife beat Gerry once way back in the first online meet-up...and she stinks. LOL - just sayin.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Yes, definitely. The left ramp should be pretty easy to backhand. The right ramp is backhandable when accelerators are enabled.

Is it rattling or just weak? Rattling almost always suggests the playfield isn't sitting flush with the back of the scoops. Always check your playfield is flush with the aluminum block that holds the playfield latch, as that's the static point. Everything else is adjustable.

Yes, some are in progress, mostly including some network reliability updates. Please submit all others through our ticket system at www.multimorphic.com/support.

You have to hit it fairly flush, but it shouldn't be too hard to hit. With the glass off, you can go into diags, launch out a few balls (Under Playfield test), and then go into switch test and roll balls manually at the target. Is the captive ball rebounding up to the switch easily? Is the switch only reporting contact on really hard shots? It might be the standup switch needs a little adjusting, or it might again be playfield transition level.

The 2nd race in Arcade mode is Particle Accelerator, which is a 2-ball mode, though the 2nd ball should stay in the upper left magnet ring. If yours is dropping into play, then something's not quite right. A video might help us see what's going on. I can't think of any other time you should be getting MB in arcade mode.

In arcade mode, the ball keeps coming back to you (because it's a race, not a 3-ball effort). In Career Mode, there isn't currently an extra ball. There is a setting for whether or not draining during a race ends your ball or just ends the race and returns a ball.
Lexy Lightspeed actually has quite a few (in the form of respawns), and it plays longer than the others because of it. Each game has a different vibe and difficulty level. There are a couple of places we might add extra balls to CCR Career Mode and Heist, but we're waiting to see people's reactions to the next Heist update first. By default, it'll be much easier to start modes and get people out of jail, and therefore be easier to get deeper in the game.

Fire away.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry - this clears up a lot of confusion I had. The 2-ball "multiball" has only happened two or three times, so it sounds like it was unintentional. The game kept re-serving the ball if I drained (since it was Arcade mode) , so I wasn't sure. I can't remember if it was Accelerator or not, but that makes sense. I'll pay more attention if it happens again.

I'm going to check out the captive ball - sounds like it should be easier to hit; but now looking at how it's set up, it could be the switch too.

I also discovered my game was a bit too high in the back - I set it down and the ramps are a touch easier to hit, so that's good!

I'm glad you mentioned the setting for Career Mode for disabling losing a ball when you drain - I am definitely going to set that to "off" for the time being.

Thanks for the responses! Can't wait to see the Heist update when you guys are ready. I think I'm going to stick with the CCR playfield until that Heist update drops..

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks Gerry - this clears up a lot of confusion I had. The 2-ball "multiball" has only happened two or three times, so it sounds like it was unintentional. The game kept re-serving the ball if I drained (since it was Arcade mode) , so I wasn't sure. I can't remember if it was Accelerator or not, but that makes sense. I'll pay more attention if it happens again.
I'm going to check out the captive ball - sounds like it should be easier to hit; but now looking at how it's set up, it could be the switch too.
I also discovered my game was a bit too high in the back - I set it down and the ramps are a touch easier to hit, so that's good!
I'm glad you mentioned the setting for Career Mode for disabling losing a ball when you drain - I am definitely going to set that to "off" for the time being.
Thanks for the responses! Can't wait to see the Heist update when you guys are ready. I think I'm going to stick with the CCR playfield until that Heist update drops..

Just a thought, when you change your playfield do you take the 15 or so balls that are sitting on the back rail and move them into the pan at the bottom? Maybe when you are dropping in your playfield it's hitting the balls on the rail and not sitting down far enough?

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Just a thought, when you change your playfield do you take the 15 or so balls that are sitting on the back rail and move them into the pan at the bottom? Maybe when you are dropping in your playfield it's hitting the balls on the rail and not sitting down far enough?

Yep, i I did that when changing play fields from Heist last time. Lowering the back legs seems to have helped a bit too

#110 3 years ago

yeah back and front legs should pretty much be screwed in. That should have the machine at the recommended playfield incline. Glad that has helped. Such a great machine.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

yeah back and front legs should pretty much be screwed in. That should have the machine at the recommended playfield incline. Glad that has helped. Such a great machine.

My floor is super un-level so it’s been a real challenge to normalize games

3 months later
#112 2 years ago

I hope I can get away with a quick cross-post...

For Sale: Cosmic Cart Racing Playfield Module for the P3:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117529

- Mark

#113 2 years ago

Pm sent on the CC playfield.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Pm sent on the CC playfield.

That was fast. Lightning deal, too. That playfield is pretty awesome - make sure you get Ranger in the Ruins too!

#115 2 years ago

Nice! First module I have seen for sale. I heard a couple of different podcasters saying that one of the disadvantages of the P3 is that you can't sell games like you can with normal machines. I dont agree, I think the P3 system makes buying, selling, trading and shipping games easier. This one certainly seemed to go fast.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That was fast. Lightning deal, too. That playfield is pretty awesome - make sure you get Ranger in the Ruins too!

$1,500.00 off retail w/ free shipping was a great bargain.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Nice! First module I have seen for sale. I heard a couple of different podcasters saying that one of the disadvantages of the P3 is that you can't sell games like you can with normal machines. I dont agree, I think the P3 system makes buying, selling, trading and shipping games easier. This one certainly seemed to go fast.

I have seen 2 for sale ever. 1 was a full machine. I’m sure there have been more but certainly they don’t come up often. No idea what the podcasters mean that you can’t sell them. They’ve ALL been sold when put up for sale.

2 weeks later
#118 2 years ago

We’ve got some online multiplayer games going on CCR tonight! If anyone wants to jump in and join us, join the P3 owners discord! https://discord.gg/wgAKPwa6

#119 2 years ago

Had a blast!

#120 2 years ago

Nice racing tonight! Always a pleasure to lose.

#121 2 years ago

Sorry I missed it this time - hopefully soon I will be out from under this deluge of work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-cart-racing-20-for-the-p3/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.