4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jp1985
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB0B1D1B-61A0-469A-9FA7-AE5BE3B6F401 (resized).jpeg
    2571A632-DD3E-41B4-A3B5-DAAE2A2D797B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loganpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I thought anyone interested in a cosmic carnival machine would be interested in following this machine that I bought new in box and what its been like now and in the long run as I will update as it goes.

1: It was very confusing right out of the box with how many balls go into the machine. There are no stickers telling you and this game came with 4. The flyer states that there is a 4 ball multiball, so we put 4 in. The game went nuts and it turns out it only needs 3 balls. The 4th confuses it! No big deal but confusing.

2: The machine would freeze and crash randomly. We got the link to update to latest code and installed it. No matter what code you install it still displays original code and not the one you install so? I reached out and got some advice from a fellow pinsider and he suggested checking the 5 volt circuit. It was set a 5.14. He suggested boosting it to 5.30. i did and that made a huge difference. However if you cradle a flipper too long it will freeze machine. So still trying to resolve that, but its way more playable since upping voltage.

3: drop down targets started to fail to reset after a few days of playing. The drop height is adjustable, so I raised the drop bar setting just a few turns on each side and that fixed them.

4: This one sucks! The center hole chipped out after 1 day. See pictures. I repaired the paint and made a cliffy for it out of stainless steel. Its covered and wont get beat up anymore, but the paint around the hole is terrible. If you own this make a clifffy!

I really do enjoy playing this machine. It is very different and funky. Thats its charm with us. The artwork is outstanding and the powder coating is perfect. We will keep this machine. Its a proc and that is totally new for us, so theres a learning curve.

2571A632-DD3E-41B4-A3B5-DAAE2A2D797B (resized).jpeg2571A632-DD3E-41B4-A3B5-DAAE2A2D797B (resized).jpegFB0B1D1B-61A0-469A-9FA7-AE5BE3B6F401 (resized).jpegFB0B1D1B-61A0-469A-9FA7-AE5BE3B6F401 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loganpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-owner-repair-issue-log?tu=loganpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.