PXL_20210323_191608329.jpg
PXL_20210323_004316274.jpg
PXL_20210323_002641884.jpg
PXL_20210323_002405924.jpg
PXL_20210323_002750961.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Facebook whitewood teaser Posted by wfumed2 (5 years ago)

Post #15 New game teaser Posted by suncoast (5 years ago)

Post #66 Gameplay preview video Posted by ChrisPINk25 (4 years ago)

Post #88 Another gameplay video Posted by suncoast (4 years ago)

Post #94 Arcade and Pinball Talk interview with Dirty Donny. Posted by suncoast (4 years ago)

Post #107 Mode overview video Posted by Compy (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

Proud to be a Cosmic Carnival supporter and soon to be owner. Speaking with Jon and his entire team I felt confident they are heading the right direction. What Dirty Donny did with the art was breathtaking. Looking forward to seeing the final product with all the pieces in place. Take your time and do it right!

1 week later
#37 4 years ago

Now thats how a startup should do animations! Fits the theme perfectly and Donny nailed the art package!!! Look forward to the final result.

3 weeks later
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can I ask if there is a shot to re-feed the upper rollover lanes from the lower flippers?
-mof

I believe it is through the clowns mouth on the right side. Game is coming along nicely!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

obfuscate less than clear plastic imo... deserves a poll to confirm -- the KEY location being the top of the sling where you are trying to judge the nudge -- and my cyclone ramps use to obfuscate that -- Taxi does not.
-mof

Ok, had to look up "Obfuscate" as I had no clue what you were saying. lol "We are but humble pirates"

1 week later
#71 4 years ago

Wow great feedback and plan of attack. Look forward to seeing this come together.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey hey pinheads!
So a few people have asked how I got in touch with Suncoast and how the whole shindig started, and a few have asked about certain features of the game and how we do music tracks in pinball. So in a fairly odd neopolitan feature, I've created a video outlining such things!
First Section: Background on what I do, and how I got involved with Suncoast Pinball (and Cosmic Carnival)
Second Section: Game features and theme
Third Section: How we tackle music with pinball games in general, and some of the things we're asked to do as the theme evolves, and the things we think about!

Nothing beats talking shop with fellow pinheads, so feel free to forward any questions, and hopefully this answers the questions I've gotten thus far!
-- Jimmy

Ok now that inside look is just plain bad ass! To see how the pieces are made at the core is incredible to see. They clearly brought the right team on board to pull this off. Very impressive and hope more inside behind the scenes vids are coming. Thanks!!

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Check out our newest gameplay video. We will be posting new videos 1-2 times a week as we are adding new game code almost daily.

Looking good. Can’t wait to see the animation integration.

1 week later
#96 4 years ago

Awesome news! Number 001 checking in and waiting for the request for final payment! Great work and as promised!

1 week later
#108 4 years ago

Paid in full and looking forward to taking on the galaxy.

1 week later
#114 4 years ago

Awesome! Invoice paid in full awaiting my ticket to the Carnival!

2 weeks later
#123 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Are they doing Pre-orders?
If I learned anything from Predator-Lebowski, it was the guys that used American Express credit cards had the best chance of a refund.

Yes they are doing orders and my game is shipping this week. SO pleased with the communication and detail Jon and his team are putting into this first release. Absolutely excited to see add this to the game collection. To this point they have Exceeded my expectations for a product and company.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Hey guys ..... we are in production and taking orders. Multiple machines are on the line and #1 is in final testing and will ship out Friday. If you are in the area and want to play one of our prototypes we do have them set up to play and can give a quick tour. Here are some pics of #1 on the line and getting the final touches.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome! Received the call and Excited to get it next week! Looks absolutely beautiful. Just going on record to say the communication, support, and attention to detail on this order Exceeded my expectations. Keep up the great work look forward to playing this amazing creation!! Thank You team Suncoast!!

#137 4 years ago

Just can't say enough about the Incredible support and feedback from the Suncoast team. From updates to detail they Really made this experience amazing. We are Honored to have this game and will enjoy it for a long time. Already have a spot picked out in the new basement arcade which should be online buy the time it arrives. Thanks again what an AWESOME company and product!

2 weeks later
#149 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Finally a Cosmic Carnival Review!!!!

As I now have a couple hundred plays on it now a few comments to possibly help and clarify. You Can get back to the upper roll over lane with the by design entry behind the right lower drop targets. You knock down the 2 drops and that is your Earned trip back up to the top. As for the center VUK. As they have covered in their video if you simply hold up the left flipper when it fires it will never go SDTM. It will always go to the left flipper and pop to right. Great game so far just need a bit more in the call outs and code department. They have all the pieces to make a great game here!

2 months later
#192 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Oh no, not again.
Far too much of this ridiculous industry is less Dirty Donnie and more dirty money.

Well to at least give Suncoast some credit this story didn’t end with hundreds of deposit/paid buyers in a hole like the other industry mishaps. I do wish them well, they were on the right path with a really nice product. I am still proud to own one (literally #1) and hope they can regroup from this set back. Really good people there.

1 week later
#264 4 years ago

Can Any owner Please let me know what software they are running on their game? My game as received is running version .99 From the download link I received long ago just never jumped on it it appears they are up to version 1.0.4. Is that the current update and do you notice any change from original? Thanks to Anyone for feedback.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would think you could still call support and get a link to the latest

Tried emailing a few times. My guess is they have more pressing issues at this point. Just seeing if Anyone was running something other then the delivered beta .99 software. Thanks.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Like I said...not sure of the validity of the number I was told. Currently there are 3 Pinsiders and 5 locations that have one...I guess that makes at least 8 if those are still current. No matter what the number, we can safely say it is very very low.

Add that number to the dozen listing distributors at the bottom of this page holding stock. I am fairly certain they hit 75 if not a few more. Just because the market doesn't have them doesn't mean Suncoast did not sell them or so the distributor shelves would say otherwise.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dunno at least two distributors sold their demo as soon as suncoast declared bankruptcy. Not saying there are only 8 but 80 seems high. Also why are their unfilled preorders if they knocked out 80 machines?

Fair enough and agree we may never know. As Jon the owner some months ago posted with pictures how many they sold we can assume he was being honest which he has not proven to be anything but. I was simply pointing out they had Many distributors and many per contract purchased several inventory units to sell. I intend to hold on to my game personally as I find it fun.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I got mine. #40. I actually like the machine...all except the power switch on the back of the backbox. Anyone wanna buy one?

Can you tell me what come you are running? Thanks

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Got my machine yesterday. This is the one that was at the southern fried gaming episode. Wireform is broken and will need to be welded. Game was on .91 software. I pulled the sd card and put in a new one in flashing it with the .99 software that is on the cosmic carniva shared drive. Then updated that to 1.04. Thing is, when I enter the service mode, it still says .91 prototyotype for the version? wth

Interested to hear if you get to the 1.04 software update and if its an improvement over the beta software.

1 month later
#323 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is there actual documentation of them only producing 25 games? I just happened to notice that one day the production number changed from something in the 70s to 25. If they only made 25 I wonder which ones they skipped. The one I’m picking up is number 40 and someone above has number 63. There is one in the market listed as number 25. I tried looking through some thread about production number but must be overlooking it

Tough to say. Seems like early on they would let you select your number if available. I have #001 with a plaque on the back and a group photo. Do hope they can pull out of this and find their way back. Sad they didn’t make it.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Some aren't narked. Mine is one of the first five and has no plaque.

Were you ever able to install the 1.04 software? I have been procrastinating waiting on someone to say they went through the process. Thanks.

2 months later
#337 4 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We have the signature editions 20 and 21
Pinballpro.com

Do think it’s a bit sad the Signature addition states limited to only 50 made yet only roughly 25 actual Any games were produced. Curious how many Actually signature versions were actually made as you might have something here. Could be the Only 2. Possibly

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It would be interesting information to know, can definitely say these will be difficult to find sooner than later as collectors grab them

Agreed. I just wish Someone would acknowledge what the last code update available and installed was? Seems like there is a 1.04 but nobody has said they installed it. Suncoast seems MIA on the subject. Really fun game though.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is the signature edition just signed by Donnie from the factory? Cause the one I had was #40 and it was signed. I didn’t really know a lot about it. I know that I took a lot of crap from the normal d-bag pinside crowd when I listed it for trade but ended up swapping it for a loaded out KISS LE with about $1000 in mods (topper, shaker, coin taker interactive backbox lights, etc....) To a collector. So the rarity of the game itself goes right along with its beauty to add to that desirability. Maybe if it was the signature edition and I didn’t know any better it also added to that desirability lol.

Absolutely. It's actually a really fun game. Due to the crazy low number produced not sure the signature would mean much at this point but definitely a unique game. The sad part to me is (my opinion!), Jon really had great intentions to make this game a serious contender with some Crazy awesome talent from art to audio and animation just overshot the runway a bit it seems. No worries though, a point in pinball history Was made whether a huge success or just a small boutique execution. I do hope SC and all those that gave it all they could feel proud of what they accomplished and wish them a successful return. Great team.

11 months later
#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is where I landed. If anyone is interested, I sell them for $10 per set. Photo quality printed and coated with clear gloss vinyl.
[quoted image]

Looks good. I wouldn't make a lot of them.....lol

2 months later
#355 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Mine won't boot anymore. Seems to power up fine, but nothing happens on the computer/software front. D7 is lit up on my P3-ROC board, which in the manual means "Watchdog Timer Expired (Drivers Disabled)". That would certainly seem like something(?), but not sure what to do about it. Reflash the software? I do also have the counterclockwise lights in D4, 6, 10, 11 which indicates normal operation. What does your CPU board look like after the game has booted up? I also noticed just now when zooming in that my D8 (USB communications established) is not lit up. I've unplugged and replugged every USB about 3x each, but maybe it's a bad cable. But that sounds too simple to me.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated dung Yelobird or anyone, thanks.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry not sure though I would start with a new battery. My suggestion is to reach out to Jimmy #Compy as he was integral in the setup for this game and has helped me in the past. Good luck.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Thanks for sending that info!
Ok, so let's do some troubleshooting. Let's assume that the P3-ROC and associated cables are good and focus on the Raspberry Pi. If you've got the RED LED, you've got power, so check. However, green is the SD card access LED, and you're not really getting anything there. Reach around carefully behind the board and pull the MicroSD card out (down) and reseat/reinsert it.
If that doesn't work, I can mail you a new microSD card with code on it, or I can send you an image to flash if you've got the necessary adapters/software to do it. Your choice.

Did I mention #Compy is the BEST?? With so many amazing projects on his plate he still helps out those in need. Mr Awesome!!

3 months later
#374 2 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Hope all is well with everyone..... to be honest we never look on pinside anymore but I just wanted to check in. While we apricate Jimmy and all he has done .... I will say his timeline story is full of 1/2 truths. He isn't outright lying but he isn't exactly telling the full story either. One of my biggest issues with his account is regarding his pay. While he is correct that he didnt get all or even most of his pay, he neglects to say that he turned down money half a dozen times. We even offered to put him on a weekly salary and he declined every time. At the time I thought he was just being nice since he knew things were tight. It is kind of crappy to turn down money over and over and then say, without prompting, that you barely got paid. While i do take issue with several others things that were said there is no point in trying rebuke it all. With all that said we thank Jimmy for his outstanding code work and willingness to continue to help people with our pinball machine. We would not have gotten it out without him! As most people know, or should know, pinball is not easy and we spent a lot of time and money putting together a system we believed in and in an industry we all love. While we have no plans to get back into pinball we still enjoy them and hope that others will continue to manufacture them for many years to come. We will continue to check in every year or two just to say hello . Thanks to everyone who supported us and keep flipping!

Glad to hear your still kicking. Still have our game #001 and appreciate all the effort that was made to get it done. While frustrating I don't think Jimmy was taking any cheap shots nor had any intentions of digging on Suncoast. I have talked to him many times about the game and he has always been respectful about the company and those he worked with. Just a great guy in my view. Sad to see this division didn't survive but I am still proud to own the game and appreciate Everyone on the team that made it happen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.