PXL_20210323_191608329.jpg
PXL_20210323_004316274.jpg
PXL_20210323_002641884.jpg
PXL_20210323_002405924.jpg
PXL_20210323_002750961.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Facebook whitewood teaser Posted by wfumed2 (5 years ago)

Post #15 New game teaser Posted by suncoast (5 years ago)

Post #66 Gameplay preview video Posted by ChrisPINk25 (4 years ago)

Post #88 Another gameplay video Posted by suncoast (4 years ago)

Post #94 Arcade and Pinball Talk interview with Dirty Donny. Posted by suncoast (4 years ago)

Post #107 Mode overview video Posted by Compy (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 5 years ago

Anyone ever heard of this?

https://www.facebook.com/suncoastarcade/posts/2195813177319480

"Cosmic Carnival is a new pinball machine being released by Suncoast Pinball and Arcade. We hope to have it ready to show off at Free Play Florida in November and ready for production early next year. We will add more photos of our progress as we get further along."

$6000 estimated price.

37190737_2195810383986426_1540280030892916736_n (resized).jpg37190737_2195810383986426_1540280030892916736_n (resized).jpg37200293_2195810230653108_8499642499558539264_n (resized).jpg37200293_2195810230653108_8499642499558539264_n (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

nope, it looks pretty simple for all of the effort though

#3 5 years ago

Looks really plain and boring.

#4 5 years ago

The Mafia with ramps?

#5 5 years ago

https://www.suncoastpinball.com/aboutus.php

Small snippet:
"In 2017 we started to develop our first pinball machine and in May of 2018 we have our first playable pinball machine. While there is still a lot of work to make a great and fun pinball machine that can be manufactured and sold to our customers.... we are close. "

#6 5 years ago

seems like a huge amount of space wasted under those ramps. The point of ramps is so that you can utilize the space under them for more gameplay. If not, then you might as well just make them lanes on the field.

Plus, having metal guides in your pop field is going to do nothing but make the ball die as soon as the pops send the ball that direction. There is a reason pop pits are surrounded by rubber. I think you need someone more experienced in playing pinball, to help with the development of the layout.

Kinda reminds me of Mousin Around, without the outside orbits, cool cheese traps and the center ramp.

#7 5 years ago

Kinda reminds me of jokerz the more i look at it.

#8 5 years ago

There is not a lot going on with the layout. It is more spartan than a Stern pro, but more expensive. I do not see this turning out well.

#9 5 years ago

I swear Stern is creating a bunch of homebrew pinball companies on the side making basic-as-hell games for boutique prices so it makes their Premiums look that much of a better buy by comparison.

#10 5 years ago

That left outlane is a huge drain monster. I see nothing protecting it.

#11 5 years ago

Why would anyone show early white wood photos of something like this and expect anyone to get excited.

#12 5 years ago

This is participation ribbon level effort right here.

#13 5 years ago

After TNA I'm not discounting any games till I see code. That makes or breaks games. Think Iron Man as well.

Game does look sparse though.

#14 5 years ago

Look how wide the switch slots are. Also, I don't see a milled shooter lane but it's hard to tell in the pic.

2 months later
#15 5 years ago

Hello to everyone who has managed to find this post and thank you Wfumed2 for posting this. While we did put that picture on our facebook page, at that time we hadn't intended it to go out to the pinball community quite yet. This was just a very early teaser pic for our current customers to get a preview of things to come. Anytime a pinball machine is seen in its early raw form it looks much more simple than it is. The graphics, toys/figures and lights all help add to machine's overall design. We have come a long way since that pictures was taken. As of today the overall design is 95% done, with some tweaks still to come. We will post a few more teaser pics for everyone here. Look for us at Free Play Florida in November to get a chance to see and play our new pinball machine for the first time. We hope to have it ready for production March of 2019. Look for updates on pinside and on TWIP or at suncoastpinball.com

20180927_174202 (resized).jpg20180927_174202 (resized).jpg20180928_120246 (resized).jpg20180928_120246 (resized).jpg20180928_120326 (resized).jpg20180928_120326 (resized).jpg20180928_120335 (resized).jpg20180928_120335 (resized).jpg
#16 5 years ago

Good luck Suncoast. Gotta start somewhere. The space imagery looks cool

2 months later
#17 5 years ago

I believe even though the layout is a bit lackluster (though they are improving it), a good rule set could make it a decent pin. There are eight lights in the middle of the playfield that could signify modes, and eight isn't a bad amount of modes!
Also, if they are smart with their prices, this machine could be revolutionary for those just starting their collection. New pinball machines are usually between $5,000 and $10,000 dollars nowadays. Most collectors starting off have to get pretty old machines, usually EM's, early SS's, and Data East machines. Personally, I'd buy this machine for around 3,000 dollars since it doesn't seem to be using any expensive materials. So if they make it more affordable than lets say A Stern or Jersey Jack, I believe it can do well.
So basically, if it has a good rule set and a cheap price point, this game could be successful. Suncoast seems like a very passionate company, so I'm looking forward to their entry into the pinball business.

Also, here's a teaser for the game that they released on their youtube:

2 months later
#18 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19 5 years ago

Congratulations guys. Excellent work. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. And eating In and Out burgers.

#20 5 years ago

Love the theme. Good luck to you guys on this adventure.

#21 5 years ago

Came here to post this and you beat me to it.

#22 5 years ago

Art is fine!
Layout is hardcore vanilla at best...
(Atleast they took our very loud suggestion of getting a real artist on board, which then technically ties up loose ends of morphing their very loosely planned theme so far into dirty donny art creatures)

#23 5 years ago

Looks kinda like Metallica.

#24 5 years ago

These guys definitely upped their game getting Dirty Donny on the art package. That will get them some attention at least. Stumbled on this project reading this article on Donny.

https://www.desertsun.com/story/life/2019/03/19/palm-springs-area-home-metallica-aerosmith-pinball-game-artist/2933205002/

#25 5 years ago

2 machines are on their way to TPF. We will be there tomorrow setting them up. Come out to see us and get a first look at Cosmic Carnival

20190320_123553 (resized).jpg20190320_123553 (resized).jpg20190320_124350 (resized).jpg20190320_124350 (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago

I hope we get one at Golden State Pinball Festival in Donny and my booth... please?!?

#27 5 years ago

Come check us out at TPF

20190322_135803 (resized).jpg20190322_135803 (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago

Bwoah, the art is nothing short of amazing on this machine and I dig the theme too!

Any chance we'll get some gameplay videos from the festival soon?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Come check us out at TPF
[quoted image]

Looks Amazing!
Congratulations on completing this and bringing it to Texas. Bummed Im not there to play it.
Following.

#30 5 years ago

Sweet, look forward to seeing more!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

seems like a huge amount of space wasted under those ramps. The point of ramps is so that you can utilize the space under them for more gameplay. If not, then you might as well just make them lanes on the field.

Plus, having metal guides in your pop field is going to do nothing but make the ball die as soon as the pops send the ball that direction. There is a reason pop pits are surrounded by rubber. I think you need someone more experienced in playing pinball, to help with the development of the layout.

+1 ^^^

Reminds me of a reduced map of Cyclone, but with no way to re-feed the roll-overs. (unless there is a lift ramp I can't see?)

It looks like the playfield is done on this thing, so I'll skip the shot-map review. (7 shots?) -- captainneo had a very good start on this.

I only wish any new company best of luck on their first release -- but -- what drives me bonkers in 2019 is...

In 2019, you can get FREE FEEDBACK on any new product design, and if you had run this design by "Pinside" for feedback, I assert you could have really improved on this design for free.

FEEDBACK LOOPS are your friends. Seek them at every opportunity in life.
-mof

#32 5 years ago

I've enjoyed talking to the staff at Southcoast pinball at the Texas pinball Festival, but neither game on display has been playable each time I visited their booth. I don't think they have worked the bugs out of the game yet and that's why you don't see any videos. They have a big screen TV showing the in game animations, and they do look impressive, but if you can't play the games you have to Wonder Don't You? The ramps were not perfectly clear looks like they had microscopic bubbles in them, and the toys on the Playfield look crudely 3d printed. The art package is awesome tho! The Playfield does look extremely sparse, almost like an early solid-state from the late 1970s. They said they intend to make their follow-on games far more complex, but they wanted to get their feet wet with a more basic layout. I enquired about who is making their boards because most people don't want to have an orphan machine if they go out of business, but I wasn't able to get a straight answer other than they do not make their own.

MSRP is $5995, and there is only one version.

#33 5 years ago

suncoast I hope you had a positive TPF. Cosmic Carnival has a great theme with a very impressive art package and what looks like a fast paced playfield. I’ve been keeping an eye on this pin by following this thread and am definitely looking forward to seeing and learning more. Are there any gameplay videos available at this point? Please post any as they become available...thanks in advance!

#34 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone at TPF who stopped by. The machines had someone on them almost the while time and they help up great. Both of the machines we took were prototypes, but close to the finished product physically. They were both set up in demo mode allowing people to flip them but without any game code. The toys are just prototypes and were not finished and polished but we wanted to show them off. Changing the art package really put us behind, since we only got the total package a couple weeks ago. That being said it was totally worth it! Donny did an amazing job and we couldn't be happier with the results. We are going to be hiring a second full time software engineer as well as contracting with a great software engineer, who has helped to develop several pinball machines, to help us get this done properly. There will be a couple tweaks to the playfield so stay tuned for more pics and updates.

#35 5 years ago

Proud to be a Cosmic Carnival supporter and soon to be owner. Speaking with Jon and his entire team I felt confident they are heading the right direction. What Dirty Donny did with the art was breathtaking. Looking forward to seeing the final product with all the pieces in place. Take your time and do it right!

1 week later
#36 5 years ago

New Promo Vid - Coming in May..

#37 5 years ago

Now thats how a startup should do animations! Fits the theme perfectly and Donny nailed the art package!!! Look forward to the final result.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

New Promo Vid - Coming in May..

Great art and look promising.

#39 5 years ago

I’ll be in the Tampa area in August. Gonna have to go check this out. The artwork and animations are awesome. Looking for a more simple shooter, but hoping for some speed too.

#40 5 years ago

Could be the sleeper of 2019.
Really looking nice.

#41 5 years ago

Game looks bad ass!!! The art package is really nice. I saw it at TPF. Can’t wait To see how the code develops on the game.

3 weeks later
#42 4 years ago

Here is a sneak peek at the changes we have made to the ramps as well as our info flyer on the pinball machine. More info pics and videos will be coming soon!

ONE SIDED ONLINE FLYER CC PINBALL (resized).jpgONE SIDED ONLINE FLYER CC PINBALL (resized).jpg20190423_180345 (resized).jpg20190423_180345 (resized).jpg
#43 4 years ago

Can I ask if there is a shot to re-feed the upper rollover lanes from the lower flippers?

-mof

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can I ask if there is a shot to re-feed the upper rollover lanes from the lower flippers?
-mof

I believe it is through the clowns mouth on the right side. Game is coming along nicely!

#45 4 years ago

Looks MUCH better now!

#46 4 years ago

This game looks really cool. Looking forward to seeing a gameplay vid.

#47 4 years ago

You can not really see it, but we did add a shot to allow you to get back into the shooter lane and up to the roll overs. You have to knock down 2 of the drop targets to gain access, there is a gate allowing you to shoot for the shooter lane and auto kick it back up.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

2 of the drop targets

Ok so you knock down the white targets wide right.
Shoot the gap.
Plunge.
So there's no flow back to top, but you can sharp shoot your way back to the top.

Thanks,
mof

#49 4 years ago

Also, you can see a little bit of the new powder coated side rails. Hinges, lock down bar, apron and legs match

#50 4 years ago

Can I ask what happens when you shoot the center between the two blue posts?
-mof

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.