Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FC2D625D-EBB3-4AF6-AA05-699D741BC757 (resized).jpeg
heighwaypinball (resized).jpg
20190907_132242 (resized).jpg
20190821_090240 (resized).jpg
20190726_173659 (resized).jpg
20190726_134436 (resized).jpg
2019072395160205 (resized).jpg
20190713_153718 (resized).jpg
20190710_004736 (resized).jpg
20190703_195531 (resized).jpg
20190703_160048 (resized).jpg
20190628_141125 (resized).jpg
20190628_133431 (resized).jpg
20190627_154823 (resized).jpg
20190621_181045 (resized).jpg
20190621_181100 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 4 months ago

Contact John the owner and request the latest code.

#302 4 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Got my machine yesterday. This is the one that was at the southern fried gaming episode. Wireform is broken and will need to be welded. Game was on .91 software. I pulled the sd card and put in a new one in flashing it with the .99 software that is on the cosmic carniva shared drive. Then updated that to 1.04. Thing is, when I enter the service mode, it still says .91 prototyotype for the version? wth

Interested to hear if you get to the 1.04 software update and if its an improvement over the beta software.

#303 4 months ago

If somebody needs a playfield for cosmic Carnival please contact me. I have several sitting around. I would also offer them as decoration...

Regards,
Mirco

#304 4 months ago

I have the 1.4 code on thumbdrive. I also have 1 machine new in box and 1 demo game if anyone is interested. Of course I will work with you on pricing!

#305 4 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if those numbers are remotely accurate, what degree of credibility do you give this post from 40 days ago? sounds like they made at least 80-4=76.

I spoke to Suncoast Arcade and they said they built a total of 25 Cosmic Carnival pinball machines. I would guess the machine numbered #40 was a special serial number request? Sounds like they had 80 orders but only got as far as 25 built.

#306 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I spoke to Suncoast Arcade and they said they built a total of 25 Cosmic Carnival pinball machines. I would guess the machine numbered #40 was a special serial number request? Sounds like they had 80 orders but only got as far as 25 built.

Can confirm they did not necessarily build in order. Pinsider here has one in the 60's by request.

#307 4 months ago

How can I get a set of the Armor for this game???
Legs,bolts, lockdown bar side rails, (hinges?)
Im lazy, seems like it would look great on my TOTAN, but would fit?

#308 4 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How can I get a set of the Armor for this game???
Legs,bolts, lockdown bar side rails, (hinges?)
Im lazy, seems like it would look great on my TOTAN, but would fit?

You can buy a complete game if any dealers have one left and remove the parts you need.

#309 4 months ago

Dont see it fitting. Cabs are unique.

#310 4 months ago

I have machine 40 and it is listed for sale in the marketplace.

#311 4 months ago
Quoted from dung:

.99 had to take. I pulled the original micro sd card from the raspberry pi and set it aside. I took a brand new one, burned the .99 img to it and insterted it. Fired up the game, went into the menu and the service menu says .91 prototype for the version. Odd, but if you turn it on without the sd card the game doesn't boot so the update had to take.

The sd card will be the whole operating system + game code thats why it won't boot without. So if it's booting its definitely using that latest .img version of the game.

#312 4 months ago

So chances of seeing one at Expo are pretty slim??

#313 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

So chances of seeing one at Expo are pretty slim??

Unless someone is feeling generous or a vendor is trying to drum up interest to sell. I for one don't take my games to shows. Too much risk and seeing how mine has 3 broken welds from the wireform after only being played at southern fried gaming expo I def would not put this one out.

#314 4 months ago

who do you think I would contact to try and buy a backglass?

#315 4 months ago

Cosmic Carnival game available for sale in Fort Myers Florida, Elite Home Gamerooms

#316 4 months ago

Hopefully one will make its way to the show on Chicago...

#317 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

who do you think I would contact to try and buy a backglass?

I have a Dirty Donny Signed Translite. $250( has a very small scuff in the backside but not noticeable from the front). i also have 1 of I think only 3 made Floor Banner with Stand$250. PM for anyone interested.

#318 4 months ago

I'd like a floor banner, but don't see the 250 sadly. Neat, but not that neat.

1 week later
#319 4 months ago

I'm looking to buy a cosmic carnival pinball flyer to ad to my pinball flyer website database, if anyone has one for sale please contact me, TIA

https://www.nypinball.com/brochures2.php#m=0&q=getlatest=Y

#320 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Can confirm they did not necessarily build in order. Pinsider here has one in the 60's by request.

yes, that would be me. Special order #63
but not produced in order.

1 week later
#321 3 months ago

I got to play this game at Pocketeer this past weekend.

The music is great and the sounds too. The ramp shots are challenging without being annoying. It does feel a tad clunky, but all in all I had fun playing it. I played it more than once. The scoop seemed impossible when you looked at it, but I actually made it 9 times out of 10 shots. Maybe it was beginners luck?

I'll play it again when I see one. I rather enjoyed it for the short amount of time I got to play it.

1 week later
#322 3 months ago

Is there actual documentation of them only producing 25 games? I just happened to notice that one day the production number changed from something in the 70s to 25. If they only made 25 I wonder which ones they skipped. The one I’m picking up is number 40 and someone above has number 63. There is one in the market listed as number 25. I tried looking through some thread about production number but must be overlooking it

#323 3 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is there actual documentation of them only producing 25 games? I just happened to notice that one day the production number changed from something in the 70s to 25. If they only made 25 I wonder which ones they skipped. The one I’m picking up is number 40 and someone above has number 63. There is one in the market listed as number 25. I tried looking through some thread about production number but must be overlooking it

Tough to say. Seems like early on they would let you select your number if available. I have #001 with a plaque on the back and a group photo. Do hope they can pull out of this and find their way back. Sad they didn’t make it.

#324 3 months ago

I called Suncoast directly and they told me firsthand that 25 machines went out the door.

#325 3 months ago

I called Suncoast directly and they told me firsthand that 25 machines went out the door.

I see. That’s good to know. I was just curious if that was a certain number or if more of a guess. I noticed that yours is marked 25 of 25. If one above is 63 and the one I’m getting is 40 I wonder which ones they skipped in that run to 25 then.

#326 3 months ago

I see. That’s good to know. I was just curious if that was a certain number or if more of a guess. I noticed that yours is marked 25 of 25. If one above is 63 and the one I’m getting is 40 I wonder which ones they skipped in that run to 25 then.

Some aren't narked. Mine is one of the first five and has no plaque.

#327 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Were you ever able to install the 1.04 software? I have been procrastinating waiting on someone to say they went through the process. Thanks.

#328 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

That makes more sense. Thanks for the info.

#329 3 months ago

Yes, I have #25, the last one made EVER!!!! Obviously the most signifigant collectible in the history of pinball and will no doubt appreciate more than Ferris Buellers classic Ferrari 250 GT California. Will accept reasonable trades, Big Bang Bar or something similar would get my attention.

#330 3 months ago

Yes, I have #25, the last one made EVER!!!! Obviously the most signifigant collectible in the history of pinball and will no doubt appreciate more than Ferris Buellers classic Ferrari 250 GT California. Will accept reasonable trades, Big Bang Bar or something similar would get my attention.

Is it signed by Dirty Donny (an LE)?

#331 3 months ago

Too bad they only made 25, I was actually considering getting one as it’s a “cheap” game and I love the music.
Too bad people are asking a lot for it already, time will tell whether it’s worth it or not.

Also this serial number fiasco is a bit reminiscent of Williams labeling those Episode 1’s with whatever random serial people wanted, including doubling numbers

#332 3 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Too bad they only made 25, I was actually considering getting one as it’s a “cheap” game and I love the music.
Too bad people are asking a lot for it already, time will tell whether it’s worth it or not.

I’m a little confused on what you’re meaning here. Seems like people that are selling are losing $1500 over what they paid not too terribly long ago. With only 25 produced I doubt you’ll ever see too many for sale

#333 3 months ago

I’m a little confused on what you’re meaning here. Seems like people that are selling are losing $1500 over what they paid not too terribly long ago. With only 25 produced I doubt you’ll ever see too many for sale

What were they selling for originally? I thought they were trying to sell them for the “$4500 magic number” Did they end up selling them for way more??

#334 3 months ago

I think original price was around $6000. There is a new in box in the market for $5499 but I believe that around $6000 was the price. There are comments in this thread about it being more expensive than a stern pro

#335 3 months ago

I think original price was around $6000. There is a new in box in the market for $5499 but I believe that around $6000 was the price. There are comments in this thread about it being more expensive than a stern pro

Yes $6000 was the NIB price for them. Yelobird also mentions it in their unboxing thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-suncoast-cosmic-carnival-pinball-unboxing-and-review-#post-5075675

2 months later
#336 19 days ago

We have the signature editions 20 and 21

Pinballpro.com

#337 19 days ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We have the signature editions 20 and 21
Pinballpro.com

Do think it’s a bit sad the Signature addition states limited to only 50 made yet only roughly 25 actual Any games were produced. Curious how many Actually signature versions were actually made as you might have something here. Could be the Only 2. Possibly

#338 19 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do think it’s a bit sad the Signature addition states limited to only 50 made yet only roughly 25 actual Any games were produced. Curious how many Actually signature versions were actually made as you might have something here. Could be the Only 2. Possibly

It would be interesting information to know, can definitely say these will be difficult to find sooner than later as collectors grab them

#339 19 days ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It would be interesting information to know, can definitely say these will be difficult to find sooner than later as collectors grab them

Agreed. I just wish Someone would acknowledge what the last code update available and installed was? Seems like there is a 1.04 but nobody has said they installed it. Suncoast seems MIA on the subject. Really fun game though.

#340 19 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is the signature edition just signed by Donnie from the factory? Cause the one I had was #40 and it was signed. I didn’t really know a lot about it. I know that I took a lot of crap from the normal d-bag pinside crowd when I listed it for trade but ended up swapping it for a loaded out KISS LE with about $1000 in mods (topper, shaker, coin taker interactive backbox lights, etc....) To a collector. So the rarity of the game itself goes right along with its beauty to add to that desirability. Maybe if it was the signature edition and I didn’t know any better it also added to that desirability lol.

#341 19 days ago

Is the signature edition just signed by Donnie from the factory? Cause the one I had was #40 and it was signed. I didn’t really know a lot about it. I know that I took a lot of crap from the normal d-bag pinside crowd when I listed it for trade but ended up swapping it for a loaded out KISS LE with about $1000 in mods (topper, shaker, coin taker interactive backbox lights, etc....) To a collector. So the rarity of the game itself goes right along with its beauty to add to that desirability. Maybe if it was the signature edition and I didn’t know any better it also added to that desirability lol.

Absolutely. It's actually a really fun game. Due to the crazy low number produced not sure the signature would mean much at this point but definitely a unique game. The sad part to me is (my opinion!), Jon really had great intentions to make this game a serious contender with some Crazy awesome talent from art to audio and animation just overshot the runway a bit it seems. No worries though, a point in pinball history Was made whether a huge success or just a small boutique execution. I do hope SC and all those that gave it all they could feel proud of what they accomplished and wish them a successful return. Great team.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 7.00
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside