PXL_20210323_190414266.jpg
PXL_20210323_191216003.jpg
PXL_20210323_191608329.jpg
PXL_20210323_004316274.jpg
PXL_20210323_002641884.jpg
PXL_20210323_002405924.jpg
PXL_20210323_002750961.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 4 years ago

Stream is on now from the factory. Interesting tidbits from John the owner....

Quoted from thirdedition:

For those that weren't able to make it down to Southern Fried Gaming Expo, What The Flip is going to be streaming from Suncoast on Tuesday 7-16 starting at 3:00pm EST. You can find us at http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As I now have a couple hundred plays on it now a few comments to possibly help and clarify. You Can get back to the upper roll over lane with the by design entry behind the right lower drop targets. You knock down the 2 drops and that is your Earned trip back up to the top. As for the center VUK. As they have covered in their video if you simply hold up the left flipper when it fires it will never go SDTM. It will always go to the left flipper and pop to right. Great game so far just need a bit more in the call outs and code department. They have all the pieces to make a great game here!

Quoted from Yelobird:

As I now have a couple hundred plays on it now a few comments to possibly help and clarify. You Can get back to the upper roll over lane with the by design entry behind the right lower drop targets. You knock down the 2 drops and that is your Earned trip back up to the top. As for the center VUK. As they have covered in their video if you simply hold up the left flipper when it fires it will never go SDTM. It will always go to the left flipper and pop to right. Great game so far just need a bit more in the call outs and code department. They have all the pieces to make a great game here!

It is a good game. The game is together but they need to really dial in quality control. I think as I said in the review, this is a good first attempt for what it is.. most would never even reach this stage, so I am hoping they can correct and progress forward.. likewise take the errors and mistakes of this game and really do the 2nd Machine right

#153 4 years ago

Reviews at the SFGE were mixed at best. I talked to a few people who thought it was awful. I thought the game was ok to play including the center loop. I thought the geometry of the ramps was somewhat off, but hard to explain. The left ramp was easy to hit but the ball often rattled at the entrance and came back rather than completing the ramp. I suppose it could have been hopping at the ramp entrance at hitting above and bouncing out.

The best part of the game is the theme and Dirty Donny artwork. The artwork on the playfield and backglass is amazing. Overall my opinion is that its not bad considering it was completed by such a small outfit in such a short amount of time. I do disagree with Yelobird in that this is an ok pin and not "great".

#154 4 years ago

A special thanks to Lindsay and Kevin from What The Flip Twitch stream for coming out and spending some time with us and Cosmic Carnival today. They streamed for about 2 hours on one of our prototype machines. For those who did not catch it live here is some video so you can get a good idea of game play. https://m.twitch.tv/videos/453699704

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

A special thanks to Lindsay and Kevin from What The Flip Twitch stream for coming out and spending some time with us and Cosmic Carnival today. They streamed for about 2 hours on one of our prototype machines. For those who did not catch it live here is some video so you can get a good idea of game play. https://m.twitch.tv/videos/453699704

Thanks for having us out, we had a ton of fun and learned a lot about the game. We also exported the stream to YouTube.

Http://YouTube.whattheflip.wtf should link there directly.

I have to say the passion and friendlieness from everyone at Suncoast was awesome. They really have created something to be proud of. The game code needs some more polish, but in my opinion it shoots well and is a blast to play.

Congrats to everyone involved in making Cosmic Carnival, I look forward to what is in store from you all.

#156 4 years ago

Another special thanks to Jason Fowler of Slap Save Pinball Podcast for a great interview he did with us and others at Southern Fried. You can check it out here. Our interview starts at about 22 min.
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-32-southern-fried-gaming-expo-interviews-galore/

#157 4 years ago

I'm told our game ships tomorrow for Helicon Brewing. The excitement is still there!!

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Reviews at the SFGE were mixed at best. I talked to a few people who thought it was awful. I thought the game was ok to play including the center loop. I thought the geometry of the ramps was somewhat off, but hard to explain. The left ramp was easy to hit but the ball often rattled at the entrance and came back rather than completing the ramp. I suppose it could have been hopping at the ramp entrance at hitting above and bouncing out.
The best part of the game is the theme and Dirty Donny artwork. The artwork on the playfield and backglass is amazing. Overall my opinion is that its not bad considering it was completed by such a small outfit in such a short amount of time. I do disagree with Yelobird in that this is an ok pin and not "great".

Agree 100%

#159 4 years ago

Oh my god a heavy metal pinball machine with a sick art package?!?
I need the sobbing emoji to express how happy I am with this. The game seems simple and fast, left ramp seems pretty hard to hit but not a huge issue. The animations and music sell me pretty hard. It reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold when they were still good. What a badass accomplishment!!

#160 4 years ago

On its way! Thanks John, Brent and the rest of the crew! This will be well loved at Helicon Brewing!

2019072395160205 (resized).jpg2019072395160205 (resized).jpg
#161 4 years ago

Production Update

Our production line is slowly getting up to speed. We are hiring new people every week and getting them trained. It takes time to get everyone trained properly but we are doing it slow to ensure quality. Right now we are able to produce 4-5 machines per week and hope to get it ramped up to 6-7 over the next few weeks and up to 10 a week in the next couple months. We will keep everyone updated as we progress.

20190726_134436 (resized).jpg20190726_134436 (resized).jpg
#162 4 years ago

The arrival of Cosmic Carnival has drawn a crowd. People are excited for something new. Thanks for providing us with that Suncoast Pinball!

20190726_173659 (resized).jpg20190726_173659 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#163 4 years ago

Production update: Due to delays in playfield delivery we are a bit behind but still moving forward. Our team is working hard on sub-assembly to help ensure our line can move quickly once we receive our playfields. This week we would like to thank John at Elite Home Game Rooms in FL, Craig at Fun Billiards Game Room in TX and Mark with Doc Pinball in Indiana for their orders. Between all three, five machines are on the way to different parts of the country. Dealer machines are being shipped out weekly so please see your local dealer to pick up a new Cosmic Carnival.

Suncoast Pinball has decided to limit Cosmic Carnival to 100 pinball machines. We are going to fulfill all orders as we are working on machines #2 and #3. We have some very exciting developments we will be sharing in the next couple of months so please keep a lookout for more information.

#164 4 years ago

Attention residents of SW Florida: you can now play Cosmic Carnival at Edison Mall in Fort Myers!!!! WOW I love this game, super fast and responsive.

It has it's own "feel" unlike any machine I have ever played. Great job Suncoast, keep up the good work. Pete

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Attention residents of SW Florida: you can now play Cosmic Carnival at Edison Mall in Fort Myers!!!! WOW I love this game, super fast and responsive.

Thanks for posting this. I will go check it out

#166 4 years ago

One of the better looking machines to come along recently.

#167 4 years ago

I had to go back and play again because I love this game much.!!! Bring your "a" game for CC, they must use some nano technology in the rubber.

FYI they also have retail games for sale on free trial play. 8/2019 floor models were Aerosmith, Avatar, Dirty Harry, Waterworld, many more for FREE at same location. Pete

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I had to go back and play again because I love this game much.!!! Bring your "a" game for CC, they must use some nano technology in the rubber.
FYI they also have retail games for sale on free trial play. 8/2019 floor models were Aerosmith, Avatar, Dirty Harry, Waterworld, many more for FREE at same location. Pete

You are the first person I've heard say that. At Southern Fried Gaming Expo, the machine didn't have a line all weekend. "Poorly labeled, no clear rules, awful graphics on the seemingly useless display, and an unimaginative playfield design" were the phrases I heard most often, but people were most pissed at how difficult the flippers are to see! I hope you enjoy it forever!

#169 4 years ago

Yeah man. They got one at a local barcade and I've played it a few times. Worst new game in decades. Layout is boring, rules are non existent, screen is illegible, sound is awful, and, it's worst offense, it's boring.

Art sure is pretty though. Even if they improve the code, the layout is so generic there is no way this game will ever be anything but below average.

I was told Suncoast gave the bar owner a "money back guarantee" and it was going back. We'll see.

Saw an "article" in a Florida paper claiming Suncoast was reviving pinball and that this was the first "original theme" game released in over a decade.

TNA, BKSOR, AMH, Oktoberfest, Houdini, DI, Kingpin and others might have something to say about that.

I felt bad for trashing the game until I read the fluff piece and the claims coming out of Suncoast. Make a decent game before you beat your own drum.

#170 4 years ago

Well I'm not a shill and I respect everyone's opinion for Cosmic Carnival. I must admit I only played one game but scored really well. The machine just felt good. Either way, good luck Suncoast!

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Well I'm not a shill and I respect everyone's opinion for Cosmic Carnival. I must admit I only played one game but scored really well. The machine just felt good. Either way, good luck Suncoast!

So, more of a "just one more game, but another time" kinda feel?

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from middaleman:

Saw an "article" in a Florida paper claiming Suncoast was reviving pinball and that this was the first "original theme" game released in over a decade.
TNA, BKSOR, AMH, Oktoberfest, Houdini, DI, Kingpin and others might have something to say about that.

Well, in all honesty, we haven't shipped Kingpin yet.

Whether you like Cosmic Carnival or not, Suncoast has shipped games, and they get respect from our CMG team for reaching that milestone.

Paul

#173 4 years ago

Next set of machines getting ready to ship. With the new limit on the machine repeat orders are coming in. I believe we have 15-20 machines left to reach 100.

20190821_090240 (resized).jpg20190821_090240 (resized).jpg
#174 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Next set of machines getting ready to ship. With the new limit on the machine repeat orders are coming in. I believe we have 15-20 machines left to reach 100.[quoted image]

Do you have another game coming after this or is this 1 and done?

#175 4 years ago

I have yet to see any gameplay videos posted with shipping code. I have not seen any substantial gameplay videos at all actually. I thought Suncoast's Youtube channel was supposed to get more content?

#176 4 years ago

Suncoast should ship a few to Museum of Pinball in Banning for the upcoming Pinball Madness , I take one for “used” discount then

Win -win !

#177 4 years ago

We are working on concepts for machine number 2 and 3. We will have some exciting reveals and news coming soon.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I have yet to see any gameplay videos posted with shipping code. I have not seen any substantial gameplay videos at all actually. I thought Suncoast's Youtube channel was supposed to get more content?

We live streamed there a month ago, you can check out the video here. There is a lot of Q&A in there as well.

#179 4 years ago

It's good to see the game released, interested to play it in spite of the dumpster fire troll commentary. Congrats Suncoast!

1 week later
#180 4 years ago

I got my game today and posted my review. Forget some of the nay sayers, I like the pin. It is flashy,not too complicated, fast, pretty, and my top concern....fun. Enjoy.

1 week later
#181 4 years ago

Fingers crossed hoping to play at the Chicago Expo.

#182 4 years ago

I played it last weekend.

I liked the powder coat.

#183 4 years ago

Unboxed and played it last weekend....not bad, looked great....and no post pooling...
20190907_132242 (resized).jpg20190907_132242 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#184 4 years ago

Someone in a pinball group I'm in is claiming Suncoast filed for bankruptcy. Is this true? I really hope not as I want to get this game at some point!

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Someone in a pinball group I'm in is claiming Suncoast filed for bankruptcy. Is this true? I really hope not as I want to get this game at some point!

It sure appears to be true:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-amp-pinball-talk-newdirtydonnyinterview-cosmiccarnival/page/2#post-5213441

#186 4 years ago

I notice people are commenting "not bad", "liked the powder coat" not exactly WOW, THIS GAME IS F-ING INCREDIBLE, BUY NOW! Which is what this company should have been aiming for, hard to be surprised if it tanks given the current competitive landscape.

Quoted from gliebig:I played it last weekend.
I liked the powder coat.

#187 4 years ago

Yes, it was filed in Florida on 9/13/2019 Chapter 11. Liabilities of 100,000-500,000. Chapter 11 is a reorg of debt. May not be the end..

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Yes, it was filed in Florida on 9/13/2019 Chapter 11. Liabilities of 100,000-500,000

Bummer :[.

#189 4 years ago

This game has no callouts?

#190 4 years ago

Could it be filing chapter 11 for reorganization to give the company time to pay off its debts? Its expensive to make a pinball machine and if you only sell a few you run out of time quick to pay off the costs to make those. It doesn't seem they sold more than a dozen games so no cash flow there. They are still making arcade games (suncoast arcade).

I wouldn't cross them off just yet, maybe they will take a break, sell more of their arcades, pay off their debts and come back on game #2. Maybe?

#191 4 years ago

Oh no, not again.

Far too much of this ridiculous industry is less Dirty Donnie and more dirty money.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Oh no, not again.
Far too much of this ridiculous industry is less Dirty Donnie and more dirty money.

Well to at least give Suncoast some credit this story didn’t end with hundreds of deposit/paid buyers in a hole like the other industry mishaps. I do wish them well, they were on the right path with a really nice product. I am still proud to own one (literally #1) and hope they can regroup from this set back. Really good people there.

#193 4 years ago

Isn’t it the arcade side filing and not the pinball side? Two separate llc’s from what I’ve heard

#194 4 years ago

This pretty much sums up why my advice to Team Pinball - and by extension, any small group creating a new boutique machine in this day and age with limited resources - has been 'don't be, or call yourself, a manufacturer; position yourself as a studio instead'. Everyone roots for an underdog; everyone loves to follow what folks are creating when it's all about the passion. But the INSTANT money enters the equation, you've shifted the dynamic and placed yourself on the same pedestal as Stern, and the whole community will judge you that way. All the failures of recent years have done this without realising that as well as volume, Stern has impulse-purchase on its side.

TP and Riot both lost nothing, both have the potential to try again in a different fashion, but tarred themselves with the same 'manufacturing' brush at the worst moment for them with their first go. The *only* person to have absolutely nailed it with the public development of a small-run game in exactly the way they wanted it has been Scott Danesi - create something of interest, have the community on your side, and let the project build up its own demand if it deserves to. Mark Incitti is getting there too, but the sticking point is the license and the clash that may cause with the creative vision. Archer required a compromise, but ultimately didn't hurt it a bit. But TNA *only* became a production machine once people knew they really wanted it and in the form it was presented to them - plus Spooky is *right* on that sweet spot between 'studio' and 'manufacturer' and have made it their own. Anyone else wanting to have it both ways is playing with fire.

#195 4 years ago

I feel like if the Suncoast team could merge with American Pinball they may be able to product machines people really want.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Suncoast Arcade and Pinball Bankruptcy?? After hearing of this we researched and found a BK11 was filed alongside non payment of rents.. what does this mean for SUNCOAST?

non payment of rent didnt seem to stop andrew heighway, he just keep moving to a different facility.
heighwaypinball (resized).jpgheighwaypinball (resized).jpg

#197 4 years ago

I am trying to piece everything together with this - I talked to Jon Weaver this morning, it sounds like as of earlier this week they were still ordering parts and planning on moving forward, but then the sh*t hit the fan. I don't know all the details or all the sides of it. It sounds like Suncoast is going to put out a statement publicly soon.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am trying to piece everything together with this - I talked to Jon Weaver this morning, it sounds like as of earlier this week they were still ordering parts and planning on moving forward, but then the sh*t hit the fan. I don't know all the details or all the sides of it. It sounds like Suncoast is going to put out a statement publicly soon.

The obvious question then, based on past histories, is 'how long have things been building up to this?'

#199 4 years ago

I realize what chapter 11 is, but it doesn't absolutely mean business will carry on as normal. Therein lies the real question. Warranty.... parts availability. And sadly no code updates either. If Suncoast plans on staying in business the right thing to do would ge a public announcement. Nobody should get flogged for being up front and honest no matter how bad things are.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

no post pooling

Wait how is this possible in 2019? I mean isn't that asking too much?

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/4?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.