PXL_20210323_190414266.jpg
PXL_20210323_191216003.jpg
PXL_20210323_191608329.jpg
PXL_20210323_004316274.jpg
PXL_20210323_002641884.jpg
PXL_20210323_002405924.jpg
PXL_20210323_002750961.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 4 years ago

Any new videos of code progression since last time?

#102 4 years ago

We have been a bit busy getting ready to start shipping we fell behind on videos. We will try to get some posted in the next couple days.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

We have been a bit busy getting ready to start shipping we fell behind on videos. We will try to get some posted in the next couple days.

This will help some buyers on the fence, for sure. The biggest concern I have heard so far is a how good will the modes and depth be. A video tutorial with a walk through of a few modes would be super helpful for those on the fence.

Looking great so far!

#104 4 years ago

Great looking game!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Who wants to bet that all 250 engraved plates don't make it on produced machines? This layout is atrocious and is worthy only as a boutique game. Welcome to the poor man's Magic Girl. . .

Who hurt you? Lol holy shit people can be so negative

Congrats on the getting the game nearly completed on the production floor. Looks awesome!

#106 4 years ago

I really dig the theme, layout, music and art! Love what you guys are doing!

#107 4 years ago

Hey guys,

So a few people asked me to put together a bit of a demo video of all the modes in the game rather than just a general gameplay video. So this video breaks down half of the modes that are currently in the game. I explain what activates the mode and how to complete it. Most of the modes are stackable except for ones that share the same completion shots. In fact, I've had 3-4 modes going at one time before so it can really change up the playing strategies for various players.

The base story is that you're trying to gain control of the Cosmic Carnival, the greatest carnival in the entire universe. In order to do that, you have to defeat modes presented to you by both the Ringleader and the Cosmic Clown. Your guide is Draleana, and she'll tell you throughout the game what to shoot and when. This game is rough, tough and FAST. We've got the flipper power dialed in, so you can easily chain ramp shots and different combos together.

(WARNING, bad pinball playing and some pre-release game code. Bowen rocks at this sort of thing, I just shift 1's and 0's around)

Modes demonstrated in this video:
Modes:

1. Draleana - Shoot the right 3 drop targets 3 times to start mode. Hit drop targets until you spell DRALEANA. Completion awards 1M points.
2. Comet Chaser - Shoot the left orbit 3 times to start Comet Chaser. From there, hit the skillshot by knocking down the lower drop targets and shooting the ball into the shooter lane, then shoot the lit orbits to complete the mode.
3. Dunk Tank - Complete all 3 dunk tank targets on the left to start Dunk Tank mode. From there, you have a set time to complete a left to right orbit, and a right to left orbit in sequence. Completion lights Ringleader Multiball at the scoop.
4. Ringleader Multiball - 3 ball multiball with 30 second ball save. Jackpots are available at the ramps, scoop re-lites jackpots.
5. Mystic Martians Award - A shot to the scoop when no other scoop modes are running awards a random martian award.
6. Ringleader Mode - 3 consecutive shots to the ringleader ramp start this mode. To complete, shoot each ramp 3 times in succession. Completion awards 1M points.
7. Cosmic Clown Mode - 3 consecutive shots to the cosmic clown (right) ramp start this mode. To complete this mode, you must clear all 10 shots to the standup and drop targets.
8. Security Force - Completing the lower inlane/outlane lamps twice starts this mode. When this mode starts, you must complete the 4 green lit shots. Careful though as these shots change every few seconds.
9. Skillshot - Plunge the ball and you have 10 seconds to hit the lower drop targets. Shoot the ball back into the shooter lane to get a skillshot award. Awards increase the more you make the skillshot.

Each mode completion advances the Ringleader or the Cosmic Clown tally by one. You must get both tallies to 5 in order to win control of the Cosmic Carnival. Half the modes belong to the Cosmic Clown, half the modes belong to the Ringleader.

#108 4 years ago

Paid in full and looking forward to taking on the galaxy.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey guys,
So a few people asked me to put together a bit of a demo video of all the modes in the game rather than just a general gameplay video. So this video breaks down half of the modes that are currently in the game. I explain what activates the mode and how to complete it. Most of the modes are stackable except for ones that share the same completion shots. In fact, I've had 3-4 modes going at one time before so it can really change up the playing strategies for various players.
The base story is that you're trying to gain control of the Cosmic Carnival, the greatest carnival in the entire universe. In order to do that, you have to defeat modes presented to you by both the Ringleader and the Cosmic Clown. Your guide is Draleana, and she'll tell you throughout the game what to shoot and when. This game is rough, tough and FAST. We've got the flipper power dialed in, so you can easily chain ramp shots and different combos together.

(WARNING, bad pinball playing and some pre-release game code. Bowen rocks at this sort of thing, I just shift 1's and 0's around)
Modes:
1. Draleana - Shoot the right 3 drop targets 3 times to start mode. Hit drop targets until you spell DRALEANA. Completion awards 1M points.
2. Comet Chaser - Shoot the left orbit 3 times to start Comet Chaser. From there, hit the skillshot by knocking down the lower drop targets and shooting the ball into the shooter lane, then shoot the lit orbits to complete the mode.
3. Dunk Tank - Complete all 3 dunk tank targets on the left to start Dunk Tank mode. From there, you have a set time to complete a left to right orbit, and a right to left orbit in sequence. Completion lights Ringleader Multiball at the scoop.
4. Ringleader Multiball - 3 ball multiball with 30 second ball save. Jackpots are available at the ramps, scoop re-lites jackpots.
5. Mystic Martians Award - A shot to the scoop when no other scoop modes are running awards a random martian award.
6. Ringleader Mode - 3 consecutive shots to the ringleader ramp start this mode. To complete, shoot each ramp 3 times in succession. Completion awards 1M points.
7. Cosmic Clown Mode - 3 consecutive shots to the cosmic clown (right) ramp start this mode. To complete this mode, you must clear all 10 shots to the standup and drop targets.
8. Security Force - Completing the lower inlane/outlane lamps twice starts this mode. When this mode starts, you must complete the 4 green lit shots. Careful though as these shots change every few seconds.
9. Skillshot - Plunge the ball and you have 10 seconds to hit the lower drop targets. Shoot the ball back into the shooter lane to get a skillshot award. Awards increase the more you make the skillshot.
Each mode completion advances the Ringleader or the Cosmic Clown tally by one. You must get both tallies to 5 in order to win control of the Cosmic Carnival. Half the modes belong to the Cosmic Clown, half the modes belong to the Ringleader.

Fantastic! Well done. Very helpful!

#110 4 years ago

Wow! This game is impressive!! Love the art, music and the layout looks great. My only negative criticism would be that the game sounds a little flat, I think it needs more impactful call outs to bring this game to life. The robot narrator might need to be replaced with a higher energy voice.

#111 4 years ago

Check out or new commercial. Playfields are on the line and shipping to everyone who has preordered is underway. Are you ready to take control of the Cosmic Carnival?

#113 4 years ago

This looks super duper!

#114 4 years ago

Awesome! Invoice paid in full awaiting my ticket to the Carnival!

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Who hurt you? Lol holy shit people can be so negative
Congrats on the getting the game nearly completed on the production floor. Looks awesome!

The responses I received I deserved. . I want this project to succeed so I will remain quiet from this post on as you can tell already I am super disappointed in it. I believe the awesome art, code, audio can never save a layout that could have been enhanced with just a few changes that would have been very minimal in additional cost.

There was a lot of great feedback offered and not taken when the game was demo'd. . . I am angry because I wish some of that feedback would have been taken. I believe nothing can save this playfield design/layout. All the awesome art and other stuff will only make an awesome boutique game. There isn't enough shots on what is almost a mirror image from side to side. .

Best of luck, and I totally hope I eat my words on what others will think is a great game and will sell like hot cakes. I just think this was an Epic missed opportunity. . PS. I'm wrong a lot. . .

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:I believe nothing can save this playfield design/layout. There isn't enough shots on what is almost a mirror image from side to side.

like quite a few EMs, the symmetry is readily apparent. really shows in the released gameplay videos. inability to revisit the top inlanes is a concern. art doesnt change the fact that the layout remains just as basic/simple as it was before dirty donny. expect this game will have difficulty gaining acceptance by todays players. this ship has sailed.

carnival01 (resized).jpgcarnival01 (resized).jpg
#117 4 years ago

Some people just like to bitch about everything.
Nice looking game, keep up the good work.
Looking forward to getting a chance to play it.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey guys,

Modes:

The game seems interesting and certainly a stunning artwork package, but one thing that I noticed is that it doesn't have callouts or other sound effects (other than soundtrack) implemented at this point in time. Will callouts and sound effects be implemented in the final product?

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Check out our newest gameplay video. We will be posting new videos 1-2 times a week as we are adding new game code almost daily.

There is a lot of really attractive features about this game: toys, music & artwork. The only thing that I would do if I bought the game is to change over the rubbers on the flipper to red or something as the area around the flippers is really dark and clearly seeing the angle of your flipper is really critical to playing precise pinball. This could alternatively be fixed by better lighting around this area with LED's or something.

I hope that you guys don't take this bit of feedback as anything negative, rather as a pinball fan hoping that your product succeeds. I think your pin has a lot of nice things going and I want it to do as well as possible

#120 4 years ago

Excited to get the game into the wild and let the players decide on the quality of the gameplay, art, rules, etc.

Helicon Brewing will be the first of a few Cosmic Carnivals put out by us. Looking forward to it. Good luck Suncoast!

#121 4 years ago

Cosmic Carnival Deep Dive! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules and Code

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/black-knight-sword-of-rage-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-2/

Screen-Shot-2019-06-16-at-11.36.36-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2019-06-16-at-11.36.36-AM (resized).png
#122 4 years ago

Are they doing Pre-orders?

If I learned anything from Predator-Lebowski, it was the guys that used American Express credit cards had the best chance of a refund.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Are they doing Pre-orders?
If I learned anything from Predator-Lebowski, it was the guys that used American Express credit cards had the best chance of a refund.

Yes they are doing orders and my game is shipping this week. SO pleased with the communication and detail Jon and his team are putting into this first release. Absolutely excited to see add this to the game collection. To this point they have Exceeded my expectations for a product and company.

#124 4 years ago

If I’m in the Largo area, is there anywhere I can play one? Any factory tours?

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

If I’m in the Largo area, is there anywhere I can play one? Any factory tours?

I was wondering the same.

#126 4 years ago

Hey guys ..... we are in production and taking orders. Multiple machines are on the line and #1 is in final testing and will ship out Friday. If you are in the area and want to play one of our prototypes we do have them set up to play and can give a quick tour. Here are some pics of #1 on the line and getting the final touches.

20190626_145827 (resized).jpg20190626_145827 (resized).jpg20190621_181111 (resized).jpg20190621_181111 (resized).jpg20190621_181100 (resized).jpg20190621_181100 (resized).jpg20190621_181045 (resized).jpg20190621_181045 (resized).jpg
#127 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Hey guys ..... we are in production and taking orders. Multiple machines are on the line and #1 is in final testing and will ship out Friday. If you are in the area and want to play one of our prototypes we do have them set up to play and can give a quick tour. Here are some pics of #1 on the line and getting the final touches.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent work!!

Really excited to see one of these at Helicon Brewing in the upcoming weeks!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Hey guys ..... we are in production and taking orders. Multiple machines are on the line and #1 is in final testing and will ship out Friday. If you are in the area and want to play one of our prototypes we do have them set up to play and can give a quick tour. Here are some pics of #1 on the line and getting the final touches.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome! Received the call and Excited to get it next week! Looks absolutely beautiful. Just going on record to say the communication, support, and attention to detail on this order Exceeded my expectations. Keep up the great work look forward to playing this amazing creation!! Thank You team Suncoast!!

#129 4 years ago

What version of code was Jimmy playing on in the latest video in this thread versus what ships?

#130 4 years ago

Cosmic Carnival #1 is officially on the way to it's new home! Congratulations David on your new pinball machine.

20190627_154823 (resized).jpg20190627_154823 (resized).jpg20190628_133431 (resized).jpg20190628_133431 (resized).jpg20190628_141125 (resized).jpg20190628_141125 (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago

Congrats, Jon! Taking a new pinball machine from concept to production is no small feat. Congrats on shipping and best wishes for continued success.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#132 4 years ago

awesome work guys, congratulations

#133 4 years ago

Congrats from the Circus Maximus crew! Major accomplishment shipping a machine, one we are still working towards ourselves.

#134 4 years ago

An original theme that doesn't suck? NICE! So nice to see this come to reality! Congrats and may the pin gods smile upon your business.

#135 4 years ago

Everyone is so excited to see this game at our locations. Looks like the dedication to this is going to pay off. The game looks amazing!

Cheers!

#136 4 years ago

We also can’t wait to have this one at our location. Good work guys!

#137 4 years ago

Just can't say enough about the Incredible support and feedback from the Suncoast team. From updates to detail they Really made this experience amazing. We are Honored to have this game and will enjoy it for a long time. Already have a spot picked out in the new basement arcade which should be online buy the time it arrives. Thanks again what an AWESOME company and product!

#138 4 years ago

Cosmic Carnival #1 has made it to it's new home safe and sound. Thanks to the MOD couple for sharing the pics and feedback.
We are training new people weekly to help get production moving quicker. It takes time to make sure everyone is properly trained so please bear with us as we make sure all Cosmic Carnival machines are built to exacting standards.
We hope to be up to 5 machines per week within the next 2 weeks and 10 machine per week within the next 4 weeks. Demand has exceeded expectations so a big thank you to all the people who are making Cosmic Carnival a success.
The next 4 machines are on the line and we are working hard to make sure they are out by next week.
We will be at Southern Fried next week with our 2 prototypes and we will have a couple machines with us for Jason over at Classic Game Rooms in Covington GA. Look for his booth for a look at one of our production models.
We will try to keep everyone updated as best we can

20190703_160048 (resized).jpg20190703_160048 (resized).jpg20190703_195531 (resized).jpg20190703_195531 (resized).jpg
#139 4 years ago

So excited to get ours and introduce y’all to the public at large!

#140 4 years ago

Congrats on getting game # 1 shipped!

Your game is now listed in the Pinside game database:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/suncoast-cosmic-carnival

#141 4 years ago

I'd love to hear more of this game. The sounds & music are hard to make out in all the videos I've seen online so far.

#142 4 years ago

Come check us out at Southern Fried.... we will have one of our prototypes there plus 3 production machines with 2 dealers. We will also be doing a panel on Sat if you would like to know more about us or Cosmic Carnival.

20190710_004736 (resized).jpg20190710_004736 (resized).jpg
#143 4 years ago

Today is the day!! Can't wait to get this thing set up at Helicon. Everyone is pumped!

#144 4 years ago

Come check out Cosmic Carnival at Southern Fried. We have 1 prototype and 2 dealers with production machines.

20190713_153718 (resized).jpg20190713_153718 (resized).jpg
#145 4 years ago

Hey, I don't want to be the "flag" police but in the picture in response #142, you have the flag hanging incorrectly. When hung on a wall the stars should be in the upper left as you look at it.

#146 4 years ago

For those that weren't able to make it down to Southern Fried Gaming Expo, What The Flip is going to be streaming from Suncoast on Tuesday 7-16 starting at 3:00pm EST. You can find us at http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#147 4 years ago

Game 1 Built - Check
Game #1 Shipped - Check
Cosmic Carnival shipping worldwide? - Check

Seems to have done everything by the book on this one. What a great job.

https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/news/suncoast-will-ship-cosmic-carnival-to-europe/

#148 4 years ago

Finally a Cosmic Carnival Review!!!!

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Finally a Cosmic Carnival Review!!!!

As I now have a couple hundred plays on it now a few comments to possibly help and clarify. You Can get back to the upper roll over lane with the by design entry behind the right lower drop targets. You knock down the 2 drops and that is your Earned trip back up to the top. As for the center VUK. As they have covered in their video if you simply hold up the left flipper when it fires it will never go SDTM. It will always go to the left flipper and pop to right. Great game so far just need a bit more in the call outs and code department. They have all the pieces to make a great game here!

#150 4 years ago

Recbar just got machine #2 delivered and set up within the past couple days. Haven't had a chance to make it up there and play but will soon!

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.