(Topic ID: 291314)

Corvette- upper flipper intermittently works

By pindude80

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone. Recently the upper left flipper on my Corvette quit working mid-game. This problem seems to be coming and going. Last night I started a game, played a ball or two, the upper flipper worked fine then just quit working in the middle of the game. This same thing happened last time I played it. I re-booted the game several times and it continued to not work. Today, I went to diagnose it but thought I better see if it works since this problem is intermittent. I turned the game on, started a game, played four balls and the flipper never missed a beat.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?

#2 3 years ago

I'd clean the optos on the flipper button opto boards.

Carefully go over solder joints on the flipper coil.

Be sure connectors of fliptronics board are on tight.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd clean the optos on the flipper button opto boards.
Carefully go over solder joints on the flipper coil.
Be sure connectors of fliptronics board are on tight.
LTG : )

LTG, as always, thanks for the reply and suggestions! I forgot to mention in my original post that I replaced the left flipper opto board with a Rottendog board a few years ago. Ever since then, I am unable to stage for a left orbit shot correctly because the upper flipper engages before the lower. I haven't had a chance to look into that yet. I swapped the rottendog flipper opto board in at a show a couple years ago and if memory serves me correctly it was because the upper flipper quit working which the problem doesn't appear to have been with the flipper opto board since it's doing the same thing with the replacement flipper opto board installed.

I glanced at the solder joints on the flipper coil but I will take a closer look and might reflow the solder for the heck of it. I will check and reseat the connectors on the fliptronics board as well.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

LTG, as always, thanks for the reply and suggestions! I forgot to mention in my original post that I replaced the left flipper opto board with a Rottendog board a few years ago. Ever since then, I am unable to stage for a left orbit shot correctly because the upper flipper engages before the lower. I haven't had a chance to look into that yet. I swapped the rottendog flipper opto board in at a show a couple years ago and if memory serves me correctly it was because the upper flipper quit working which the problem doesn't appear to have been with the flipper opto board since it's doing the same thing with the replacement flipper opto board installed.
I glanced at the solder joints on the flipper coil but I will take a closer look and might reflow the solder for the heck of it. I will check and reseat the connectors on the fliptronics board as well.

Flip sides on your opto boards?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.