Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The top rollover lamps are behaving strangely on my corvette. When a skill shot/super skillshot is available the lamps flicker strangely, the lamp that is supposed to be lit flashes as it should but the other 2 randomly flicker. I noticed it was a bit iffy before I LED'd the machine, thinking it was just a dodgy connection, however having just fitted all comet non ghosting LEd's and reflowing the pins on a few lamp boards it now really stands out. The strangest thing is as soon as the skillshot isn't available, i.e. Any playfield switch has been hit or even when ball save puts the ball back in the shooter lane, the flickering stops and the lamps perform perfectly. Just to eliminate the LED's I put some normal incandescent lamps back in but its still the same although not as obvious as the lamps warm up/fade on and off which hides the flicker somewhat.

The 3 lamps are on the same column of the lamp matrix but all the others in that column perform fine. Diodes on that light board test fine.

Of course the hard to explain thing is that they only flicker when a skillshot is available.

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?

#2 3 years ago

I think this is a code problem. Mine had it and so did a buddy of mine's. Ghostbusters don't fix it. The only thing I got to work was an LEDOCD board and I had to play around with the settings as the stock settings didn't do it. I can send you my settings if you buy one.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks SealClubber, just found the old thread about it, that is exactly what mine is doing and you wouldn't think it possible if you didn't see it yourself. Not looking to buy an OCD board though, I wonder if strategically placed resistors would sort it ( as done to old bally machines to get rid of flicker/ghosting ) or a game rom patched to prevent ghosting?

#4 3 years ago

I had posted a thread with similar issues. I just resigned to putting incandescent bulbs back there.

#5 3 years ago

This is common when replacing the lane lights with LEDs. It's in the code.

#6 3 years ago

I haven't seen it with any other machine I've LED'd. Its the whole " only when skillshot is active " thing that gets me, its not like there is a skillshot insert that could be interfering with the other inserts. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

#7 3 years ago

It would take a large resistor I would think and then I am not sure it would work. I had to turn off about the first half of the signal in the ocd to stop it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
Machine - For Sale
Olathe, KS
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside