11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8442506638_3f806397fb_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dezaanster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi all,

Just got my Corvette machine this weekend. It worked fine when I picked it up, but after I removed the backbox and put it back together in order to get it in my attic, the machine would not start up properly... Dot matrix gave random pixels so I checked the ribbon cables. Tried a few things and after a while the dot matrix worked again, except that it gives random pixels for a few second directly after I turn the machine on. Worse, the engine on the playfield, the race track and the flippers don't work anymore. I checked the fuses and found out all fuses on the fliptronic board (F901-F904) and one fuse on the powerdriver board (F111) were blown. I replaced all the blown fuses with new ones but when I then started the machine all 3 flippers flipped once and then didn't work again. Checked the fuses again, all replaced fuses blown...
When I tried to find the ribbon cable problem, the machine also started to smell a little like something inside was smouldering...
What could be the problem here? Fliptronics board broken?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Bart

#3 11 years ago

Hi LTG, thanks for your reaction. All connectors seem to be in the same place as they were before I removed the backbox and they all definitely face the right direction. The machine works fine expect for the corvette engine, race track and flippers.

How do I find out what causes the fuses to blow upon startup?

#5 11 years ago

Ok thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

I'm quite sure the ribbon cables are in the right place, but even if one isn't, can that (directly of indirectly) cause the fuses to blow?

I'll check all the wires tomorrow since I noticed some quick-fix patches from the past, maybe they caused a faulty connection somewhere during the move.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dezaanster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-startup-problems?tu=dezaanster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.