Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kbvette
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just got a Corvette a few weeks ago. I have noticed the red (right) car isn't resetting to the stating position all the time. I just went in, turned the game on, it did it's normal thing where it initializes the LT5 engine, then runs the red and blue cars down the race track. They both happened to be in the starting position, they both went to the top, the blue car returned to the starting position, but the red one stayed at the top.

I noticed when we were playing a game both cars were at the top of the track at the end of one of the race modes, the blue car reset to the bottom, but the red car only went about 1/4 of the way back down and then when the next race mode started it ended very quickly because the red car started where it was at about 3/4 of the way up track, the same thing happened again in the next race mode.

I have ran the race track test mode and it passes.

Anyone have any ideas on what to look at?

#3 7 years ago

I have a similar issue to yours,however my red car doesn't stop 1/4 way down..stays at the top.This is an intermittent issue on mine,sometimes I can turn machine and no problems,sometimes not.I have reflowed solder pads on race track opto boards and reseated
connectors.At this point i just kinda live with it.
IRC at one time Great Plains electronics had an improved opto board for the race track assy...would this fix the problem?

#4 7 years ago

The cars are very frustrating to get working. But it's required as part of the game as the races actually rely on the car positions. There are two optos and some string that runs through them, and these give some positional info to the game as to the car's location. You can try cleaning or reflowing the optos but usable replacement is the real fix. I've never gotten a corvette where I didn't have to fix the track

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from kbvette:

I have a similar issue to yours,however my red car doesn't stop 1/4 way down..stays at the top.This is an intermittent issue on mine,sometimes I can turn machine and no problems,sometimes not.I have reflowed solder pads on race track opto boards and reseated
connectors.At this point i just kinda live with it.
IRC at one time Great Plains electronics had an improved opto board for the race track assy...would this fix the problem?

Yep, mine is the same way. It will screw up, I can then power cycle it or run the race track test mode and it will be fine. I'm going to look and see what Great Plains has.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The cars are very frustrating to get working. But it's required as part of the game as the races actually rely on the car positions. There are two optos and some string that runs through them, and these give some positional info to the game as to the car's location. You can try cleaning or reflowing the optos but usable replacement is the real fix. I've never gotten a corvette where I didn't have to fix the track

It would be awesome if just cleaning the opto fixed the situation, but it's probably already been done because the previous owner said he worked on the racetrack. I guess no one makes aftermarket optos for it then since you said find usable replacements is the real fix, bet they are difficult to come by.

#7 7 years ago

Mad Amusements has the race track board set for $55 on their website....didnt see it on GP web site

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from kbvette:

Mad Amusements has the race track board set for $55 on their website....didnt see it on GP web site

Cool, thanks for the info

Do you know if that will fix the problem I'm having?

#9 7 years ago

Not sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-red-car-sometimes-doesnt-return-to-start-position and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.